Bmbrady77 Lab Results

Thank you man for your input. Yeah glucose has been high for a while and I’ve been doing a keto diet for the last 8-10 weeks. Doesn’t seem like that’s helping that much. Fat is dropping off like crazy but the bloods are still haywire. Diabtetes runs in my family so I fear I have a hard row to hoe to get that under control.

@charlie12 it’s why he needs the saliva testing. This will show his thyroid malfunctioning :slight_smile:

@bmbrady77 Metformin will help you a lot. Your doc will Script that with those numbers as is.

You are the man bro and thank you for your time!

You remember my chart with the multiple thyroid labs. My only symptom was cold hands a period of time everyday. still not sure if I should continue treatment with the shoulder pain I developed. Pain got better with Armour but still annoyingly there

@charlie12 I encourage anyone with these issues to get a saliva test. A blood test is generally quite misleading. We need to see daily output. For instance you might have shit output am when the draw is but have elevated output in the evening. We would know then the adrenals were in trouble.

1 Like

@physioLojik Please take peak at labs above taken at different times all pre treatment. I will try saliva tests. Dr will laugh when I ask for that. Lol.

Also am only taking 15 MG Armour will that supplement my own thyroid. I feel good in it except the shoulder pain. I would think 15 MG is OK being am not straight out hypothyroid.

Glad u said that dissecated thyroid better. I tried t4 only and it caused the shoulder pain to start.

BTW I don’t even see the saliva test for thyroid on labcorp

@physioLojik @NH_Watts @anon10035199

Stupid question maybe, but I just thought of something and I have no idea if it could be pertinent…

I was diagnosed with asthma about 8 years ago and quit smoking. Three years ago (right at), I confiscated a vape from my then 16 yr old son. After a few weeks of looking at it, I decided to try it and found that I could have the sensation of smoking, and it didn’t affect my lungs at all. I took to it pretty good and started learning all about it, and am now to the point where I make my own e-juice and build all of my own equipment.

The question is, the juice that I make contains mostly Vegetable Glycerine and a small amount of propylene glycol, a small amount of flavoring and a very low concentration of nicotine suspended in Vegetable Glycerine. Is it possible that, since vegetable glycerine is basically an oil, can inhaling the vapors of that possibly affect blood cholesterol levels?

I know it’s random, but I’m just trying to cover all bases here.

That’s way over my pay grade. LOL

Is there any industry regulation on any of this? If no you really dont know whats in it.

Is there nicotine in you vape juice?
I smoked tobacco for 30 years and vaped for 3.
I developed skin problems with both vegetable glycerine and propylene glycol and finely quit. That was 7 years ago.
With vaping even with nicotine all of my breathing issues from smoking went away(COPD) it was the tar that was jacking up my lungs. I believe nicotine can still mess with your cardiovascular system.

There is regulation on food grade Vegetable Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Nicotine, and all food flavorings. I buy my components all American made and mix them myself.

Yes there is nicotine, but I mix only 3%. That’s about half the nicotine you would find in a pack of cigarettes per 30ml of juice. I vape 30ml in about the same time it would’ve have taken me in the past to smoke a pack of cigs.

I do know that nicotine can cause hardening of the artieries over time. Not sure if that could tie in with cholesterol specifically though??

Give yourself more credit brother!!

1 Like

On a side note…

I’m sitting in my vehicle right on lunch break right now waiting on Dr Calkins to call for my initial consult. I’ll post an update after.

2 Likes

Ok consult done!!

I’ll edit this with more details later, but the jest of it is that he told me that the cholesterol is high, but beings that we are coming off of the holidays, and that my Free T is still a little low, we are going to back burner that and see how it looks in 6 weeks. Also, the Free T is lower than he wants to see. He wants to see that between 20 and 25, so we’re are upping my dose from 50mg x2 per week to 50mg x3 per week (150mg). My E2 is low so he didn’t feel like I would have an issue with it, but if I do he said to get some DIM and take 100mg a day only if I notice high E2 symptoms.

He thinks that the high TSH is not an issue right now because T3 and RT3 is in line. He thinks that this is high because Free T is still too low.

Finally, the low DHT is likely due to the lower T level as well.

Prognosis is that we are upping the T, and seeing if a more optimal level will start bring everything else in line in 6 weeks.

2 Likes

Just a heads up on the TSH. I always had close to 1 TSH prior to TRT, then after starting, it went up. (I think it was 2.5 or so). Anyway it stayed up for a while but now I am back to normal TSH wise.

The idea has been thrown around that being low T has led to a backlog of fixes, and that the thyroid has to keep up. Initially it has to work a little harder to catch up. Not sure how true this is, but it kinda correlated with my numbers.

1 Like

Well it sounds like that went well. I like the idea of getting the T tuned in first and then address all the other stuff. Some of those things migh just fix themselves once your hormones are all in their proper place and you body starts healing.
An extra 50mg/wk is no small amount I look forward to seeing how you feel on it.

Any supps prescribed?

What about glucose

That seemed to be the approach Dr Calkins wanted to take. It seems weird saying this because I’ve been dealing with my pcp for a while, but I think I’m going to trust my doctor and see where this goes! Lol

1 Like