Bmbrady77 Lab Results

Thanks for the feedback guys. I know nothing about thyroid function, so I can’t speak to that. Looks like I may be getting educated on it fairly soon however. I have my consultation scheduled for Wednesday. Lot of good questions here that I need to bring up.

So to further the question, being on TRT should I have expected that TSH to be much lower? I was thinking that TSH should have been the same as LH inasmuch as it would be shutdown due to exogenous Test. Is this not correct?

Oh wait…I think I am getting TSH confused with FSH…

TSH = Thyroid Signaling Hormone

I would get further testing. This may mean your thyroid isnt keeping up with the needs of your body (think slowed metabolism, fatigue, cold sensitivity, constipation, dry skin)

No AI…

TRT is attempting to restore metabolic rates, your thyroid was likely already struggling and TRT took it to a whole other level.

So is TRT a dangerous thing for me right now until I get the Thyroid situation figured out?

No it’s not dangerous, it’s more dangerous to have low T and hypothyroidism.

Thank SL…I guess I’m going to have to wait until I consult with Dr Calkins on Wednesday to get a plan in place to get all this stuff straight…

I have been feeling MUCH better since on TRT too!

Was this fasting? Glucose high if fasting.

A1c? I would get that to check for pre diabetes.

Check insulin too.

Insulin resistance can cause low shbg in addition to hypothyroidism which you may have given tsh above 4. Check free t3 and t4 and total t3 and t4.

Why dht so low? Read about the causes.

Hypothyroidism can affect lipid profile.

I have fatty liver and my triglycerides are elevated but cholesterol is 150.

Yes fasting but BG levels have hovered around 100 for quite a long time now and have not gotten any worse. Since I started doing Keto, I can get a few readings of 94-98 fasting, but rarely any lower.

I had A1C on the previous bloods and they verified this same thing… Thats where I hover… Genetics are a BITCH!

Men with a testosterone deficiency are at increased risk of type 2 diabetes, leading to glucose intolerance. TRT cannot work if thyroid is struggling.

One more quick question…

Is it conclusive evidence of Hypothyroidism being that my TSH is high, even though My Free T3, RT3, and Free T4 are all in range?

It’s a good point and probably something for a doc to answer.

1 Like

Dr Calkins can treat both.
I can’t wait to hear about the consult I hope you will share a little of what you discussed?

That’s a promise man. thanks for your help brother.

2 Likes

@physioLojik

I know you’re busy brother with all you have going on. If you could spare a few minutes, I would greatly value any feedback you could offer or any pertinent questions you could recommend that might be important for me to ask during my consultation.

@bmbrady77 I’m
Sorry - did I miss a question from you? What’s up brother

I wanted to see if you could shed some light on my labcorp labs (particularly concerning thyroid) above and maybe recommend a few questions that I could ask my dr on Wednesday when I do my initial consultation.

@bmbrady77 you def need thyroid help. Ask for a saliva test. If he wants to start treatment ask for either armor or nature thyroid. No synthroid. Also your glucose is awful. Metformin would be helpful. Lower Carbs but don’t eliminate them totally

@physioLojik are you just going by his tsh?

His free t4 is good and free t3 is on upper end at 3.7.