T Nation

Bmbrady77 Lab Results

Dehydration will increase amount of albumin.

Measuring actual level of free testosterone from blood is not very accurate. That is why doctors with knowledge will order TT + SHBG (+albumin) --> free calculated T.

If you are feeling somewhat good then I would not rush with changes of protocol. Go with your lifestyle changes and get comprehensive bloodwork from private lab after month or two.

With them and considering your feeling of wellnes you might want to think about slight protocol change or another doctor. But as said by some other user, if you get your prescription filled and can inject yourself… Just go with current doctor.

At some point it would be good to tell her about mistakes that she have done so she could give better treatment to other patients. If she is ignorant then so be it. You can find new one.

Not sure why your talking about the T to E2 ratio it has nothing to do with over range HCT

Did you read my post? I never said HCT would suddenly climb. I said overtime.

As far as proof goes. Everyone I have ever talked to on TRT over several forums has said their TRT doc or clinic has a limit on HCT and if you hit it you either donate blood or cut your T dose or they pull your script.

What do you think causes the increase in red blood cells (HCT)? bound T, free T or your T to E ratio?

Guys on the forums that are having issues with HCT when they post their bloods Free T has always been over range for an extended period of time.

testosterone (androgens) in general once they verge into levels that are high enough to stimulate erythropoises (for some this may be a TT of 1000ng/dl, for others it could be 4000ng/dl and for some it could be 500ng/dl, you never know), will stimulate an increase in RBC’s, the mechanism as to why isn’t fully understood, but I’d gander that it has something to do with AR binding as the kidneys do contain androgen receptors and many (but not all) actions of anabolic steroids are androgen receptor mediated (some more than others). Androgens tend to increase the output and effectiveness of erythropoiten, now with a hypogonadal male, bringing testosterone into physiologic ranges will increase HCT/RBC somewhat, but were talking about polycythemia (HCT above say 55 %), to do this, typically very high doses are required. That being said some will have very high HCT/RBC counts on only 100mg/wk, if he feels good, I’d suggest keeping the protocal where it’s at and just seeing what happens. Either way, donating blood every 12 weeks isn’t a bad thing, it’s a good deed, so why not anyway? There’s no harm done in helping others.

However OP needs to fix his lipids, he’s looking at a premium economy ticket to atherosclerosis city if he isn’t careful (I say premium economy because while his lipids aren’t great, they aren’t shocking either)

Thanks for the replies fellas. I rather enjoy the differences of opinion and getting both ends of the spectrum. I find that for me, the best thing usually winds up being in the middle of those two extremes.

For now, I think I’ll keep everything the same and see where my bloods are at after a few months on keto. I can already tell in a week that palpitations are all but gone, my last blood glucose reading yesterday was 94! That’s the best reading I’ve had in a long time. I still haven’t even been on TRT long enough yet to realize the full potential of Test in relation to increased insulin sensitivity so I can only image that will come into play within a few months as well.

One question regarding the keto. Do you guys think that if my lipids and glucose levels return to normal, that my SHBG will start increasing as well?

TRT usually drives SHBG down over time. You might look into optimizing thyroid. I know you mentioned your thyroid labs were normal, but total test of 330 (250-1100 Quest range) is considered “normal”. If thyroid is low normal optimizing it will increase SHBG.