Bmbrady77 Lab Results

Here’s another trick. Let him script as much as he wants. You deside on how much you want to take and pocket the rest for a rainy day. It’s nice after awhile having a half a dozen bottles in your drawer.

1 Like

Yah thanks and how exactly does more T help the thyroid calm down? I’ve heard it before and just don’t get it. What’s the logic there.

I had high tsh and 2- 3 months of t did nothing for me. I’m glad it worked for you

As long as T is working for you then the thyroid must not be that bad right? In my case the fatigue was overwhelming any benefits from t. So that’s the Good news :slight_smile:

I can’t say for sure, but I don’t think there is a direct correlation. I think it’s more of a T being what the body needs to heal itself type thing.

I think my thyroid does need some help though.

High e2 can affect the thyroid and increase TSH. I read some studies. You should be able to easily find on line.

So you’re saying that an E2 of 23.6 is high? Lol

No. Hell no. Just stating that for others and you if it comes to that.

I have almost no back pain with my e2 in the 30s. It could also be the higher t. I am very hesitant to bringing it down. When it gets near 20 I get major clicking And back pain is easy to get.

I gotcha. That’s good to know brother and thanks for the info.

Curious enough though, when my bloods came back 3 months ago my E2 was at 19 and my TSH was a whopping 4.91.

Middle 2’s is way better than close to 5, but it’s still not great. I’m hoping that we keep my Test dose where it is and focus on optimizing thyroid next. We will see on Monday.

1 Like

Yah that’s a new one. Thanks.

how is your E level and how is your libido / energy?

E2 is at 23 and libido and energy are normal. Not raging…just normal.

1 Like

TSH is not a good measure for thyroid status or symptoms, Free T3 and Reverse T3 show what’s going on at the cellular level. In theory someone could have a TSH of 2.9 and have severe symptoms while someone with a TSH at 3.5 could be encounting only mild symptoms.

If you have a sluggish pituitary gland, TSH is being underreported. I’ve seen guys with TSH <2.5 and have Free T3 below ranges.

Maybe I read wrong but didn’t you say you missed an injection and got labs before your next scheduled injection? So a completely missed injection? If that is the case I wouldn’t let them bump me higher as you would be even lower in a trough then if you had made your injection. I would imagine that you are riding higher than what your labs state if that is the case. Besides if I read your labs correctly, your total doesn’t look awesome, but free is high normal. I apologize if I read wrong or missed something.

1 Like

Good for you. I’m going damn mad here with my over the top labido… I could go twice almost daily … this is a bit much…

1 Like

No apologies needed man. You read that correct.

I inject 3 times a week. After 3 months on this protocol steady, I’m not sure that 1 injection would throw the numbers off that much…I’ve read about guys stopping altogether and it taking weeks before they start feeling any different.

Also, I asked physio that same question prior to having my blood drawn, and he said I was good to go. He would know way better than me lol…

1 Like

3 months true and no buggy if our resident doc says don’t worry.

True, with that frequency it probably wouldn’t affect the numbers much. Your free t looks awesome to me though with a 19.5 and the top of the range being 21.5. I wouldn’t worry about that total T number personally with your free T being where it is.

1 Like

Free t too end range was higher a year and a few years ago. I bet it was 27 or something in 2010…

Yeah it was. Dr. Calkins told me on the initial consult that he wanted to see me between 20-25 on Free T.

I’m so close to 20 now I almost hate to mess with Test anymore. I would like to see if tweaking the thyroid would put me where I need to be all the way around from here, but Dr. Calkins hasn’t steered me wrong yet. I’ll take his lead…

2 Likes

I noticed that you had DHT tested prior and it was a little low. Was he doing anything to address that at all?