Bluetooth Headphones for Weight Lifting?

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:
i cant find any that seem to be universally well reviewed. [/quote]

Hmmm…a product no universally well reviewed?!? That’s incredible. Typically EVERYTHING I look into buying is 100% liked or hated. This is why my life is so easy. Well…I’m sure our fellow T-Nationers will be able to universally agree on the best ear buds for you.

Anyway…ANOTHER REASON I’m glad I work out in my garage ! Boom Bucket Blasting No Headphones !!! Rock on…now…if only I could find a universally well reviewed boom bucket…

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
I’m glad you brought this issue up. I have a raging love hate relationship with headphones when I train.

Chords too short, chords too long, somehow getting looped around my balls which pulls the buds out of my ears AND lifts my satchel…

Buds that pop out when I turn my head or bend over… Etc.

It’s maddening.

Some day, some company will make an all inclusive listening device that has a shuffle type player built into the plastic arced piece that connects the two earphones and I will by a dozen of them, giving two of them away for charity and keeping the rest of them itemized for playlists such as:

1. Metal
  2. Mastodon (they get their own shuffle so fuck you)
  3. Grunge
  4. 140+ BPM techno/Marching Band Drumlines
  5. Industrial
  6. Public Enemy/Outkast
  7. Tool
  8. Disco
  9. Classic Rock
  10. Enya/Alison Krauss/Enigma/Random Monk Chants

Awwww shit I think we’ve got a winning idea hear (get it?), and you fuckers can get in on the ground floor
[/quote]

The headphones I mentioned above will do all that, the only problem I have had with them is sometimes having difficulty syncing.

Edit* it won’t do everything you mentioned, like getting wrapped around your balls but will play music unencumbered.
[/quote]

I was actually going to buy the ones you posted, but it seemed the general consensus was that the audio quality was lacking compared to other bluetooth headphones.

Im still hurting from christmas/time off from work for the holidays (im a contractor so i dont get paid time off) but im thinking next week ill order some of the jaybird freedoms and see how they hold up. Will let ya’ll know how they perform. They seem to be very popular, there are some mixed reviews but ive resigned myself to the fact that im not gonna find anything that fits my needs and is in my price range that is universally considered the best.
[/quote]

I actually thought the sound was pretty good, not as good as my Klipsch, but I wouldn’t expect them to sound as good.

It is funny what you get used to though. In general when out hiking or working around the house ect… I use a cheap pair of rocketfish headphones because they have a 2.5 mm jack which is what my env3 has. My mom bought me a tablet for my birthday and I have been using my Koss or Klipsch headphones with it and when I went back to the rocketfish it was a major disappointment.

[quote]sen say wrote:

i cant find any that seem to be universally well reviewed. [/quote]

Hmmm…a product no universally well reviewed?!? That’s incredible. Typically EVERYTHING I look into buying is 100% liked or hated. This is why my life is so easy. Well…I’m sure our fellow T-Nationers will be able to universally agree on the best ear buds for you.

Anyway…ANOTHER REASON I’m glad I work out in my garage ! Boom Bucket Blasting No Headphones !!! Rock on…now…if only I could find a universally well reviewed boom bucket…[/quote]

Thats funny, i remember when i bought my laptop, my 60" tv, my tablet, and my truck, it was nearly impossible to find a legitimate bad review…i guess your life really does suck that much…or you have poor taste and cant pick a decent product. How fortunate i must be.

What i am saying is, when i bought my TV (for example) whether it was on HH Gregg, Bestbuy or whatever, the average user review (averaged from hundreds of different reviews) came out to something like 4.8 out of 5 stars. That is a product i can buy and expect that im getting exactly what kind of quality im looking for.

When the average review for blue tooth headphones is closer to 3 out of 5 stars, and there are nearly as many 1 star reviews as 5, it makes me a bit hesitant to purchase without trying first.

Not that i put all my faith in user reviews, but when you have a pool of hundreds or more, id say its fairly reliable.

what about a small mp3 player? I’ve used a sansa clip and ipod shuffle with success, for both I just clipped it to my shirt and used cheap $5 headphones

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
what about a small mp3 player? I’ve used a sansa clip and ipod shuffle with success, for both I just clipped it to my shirt and used cheap $5 headphones [/quote]

I want better sound quality than some generic freebie phones, and i really want to be able to use my phone as my music player.

Im pretty sure my minds set on the freedoms at this point, unless someone comes up with a real solid idea in the next few days.

ah ok, if sound quality is your concern then idk how well bluetooth will suit you. I used to wear my etymotic studio monitor headphones to the gym along with a sansa clip or rio karma (ipods are usually crap for sound quality) and the headphones had clips on the cord. The cables were “noisy” so I stopped using them. From what I remember shure in ear headphones have pretty decent sound quality and have behind the neck cables, so you might want to look into that. if those don’t do then I’d definitely get the bluetooth ones, give us a review of whatever you get!

I like to lift to Enya also.

[quote]sen say wrote:
I like to lift to Enya also.[/quote]

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
ah ok, if sound quality is your concern then idk how well bluetooth will suit you. I used to wear my etymotic studio monitor headphones to the gym along with a sansa clip or rio karma (ipods are usually crap for sound quality) and the headphones had clips on the cord. The cables were “noisy” so I stopped using them. From what I remember shure in ear headphones have pretty decent sound quality and have behind the neck cables, so you might want to look into that. if those don’t do then I’d definitely get the bluetooth ones, give us a review of whatever you get![/quote]

I know that in general, bluetooth headphones dont have quite the same sound quality as comparably priced wired headphones, but i would still expect that an 80-100 dollar set of bluetooth headphones sounds better than the headphones that came with my samsung galaxy S3.

ah ok, do you guys know what kind of range these have? If my gym allowed bags I’d go this route and just keep the phone in a gym bag that I’d keep near me.

I also use the Motorola S10s. With my Droid DNA I get almost 40 feet of range unobstructed, a bit less if I go around a corner. The next/previous/pause buttons shorted out after about 3 months but everything else works fine, and I find that not worrying about what track from my playlist is playing helps keep me in the zone.

I have a moderately wide head, so YMMV, but they fit comfortably and securely. They’ve never fallen out even while doing handstand pushups, other inverted lifts, or violent movements.

I had a pair of the very similar S9s previously, and they lasted about 9 months before I sweated them to death.

[quote]Reid802 wrote:
I also use the Motorola S10s. With my Droid DNA I get almost 40 feet of range unobstructed, a bit less if I go around a corner. The next/previous/pause buttons shorted out after about 3 months but everything else works fine, and I find that not worrying about what track from my playlist is playing helps keep me in the zone.

I have a moderately wide head, so YMMV, but they fit comfortably and securely. They’ve never fallen out even while doing handstand pushups, other inverted lifts, or violent movements.

I had a pair of the very similar S9s previously, and they lasted about 9 months before I sweated them to death.[/quote]

Hmm, ill have to take another look at the motorolas then, because many of the headsets, while claiming 30 feet of range, had people complaining that they had to wear a shoulder strap in order to keep them from cutting out, which is probably the number one thing that has turned me off of a few of the headphones i liked.

i’ve had the motorola s10’s for a while now and have been very pleased with them. no syncing issues at all with my samsung s2 and range is really good as well (have been the length of a basketball court with no cutting out). sound wise dont know about quality compared to high end wired sets but they get plenty loud and bass and sound seems to be up to par. they came with 3 sizes of interchangable ear buds so should be able to find the right size fit.

dont regret the purchase 1 bit, was also tired of fighting cords/constantly adjusting while working out.

[quote]js252 wrote:
i’ve had the motorola s10’s for a while now and have been very pleased with them. no syncing issues at all with my samsung s2 and range is really good as well (have been the length of a basketball court with no cutting out). sound wise dont know about quality compared to high end wired sets but they get plenty loud and bass and sound seems to be up to par. they came with 3 sizes of interchangable ear buds so should be able to find the right size fit.

dont regret the purchase 1 bit, was also tired of fighting cords/constantly adjusting while working out.[/quote]

Cool, thanks. Now im thinking these are the better option over the jaybirds, since no one on T-Nation seems to have any issues with them.

Get an Ipod Shuffle and some Phillips wraparounds, and do this.

Again, only interested in being able to use my SIII as my music source.

I am going with the Motorola S11. You S10 users convinced me to look into it and from what im hearing/reading, the S11 is the absolute best. Will post a review later after giving it a few weeks of use.

After reading this thread I decided to buy the Blue Buds X by Jaybird. They arrived yesterday and they are amazing. Tight fit (impossible to shake them off), great sound quality and the signal never breaks, even at more than a couple of feet away from the device. They are a bit pricy but if one is willing to spend the money they are a great buy.

Bump! What did you get Audiogarden?

I have been using my motorola’s more lately with my tablet when doing stuff around the house. No trouble syncing but I am noticing some hiss. Still they are nice when you need to not have a cord getting in the way.

so how are the S11’s?

Oh shit i forgot all about this.

I got the S11’s. They were about a hundred bucks. They are super customizable as far as fit goes, it actually took me forever to get them to fit comfortably, so at first i was pissed, but its just cause theres so many points of articulation. Once you get 'em they’re gold.

Sound quality is also solid. My only complaint here is that they aren’t louder. The 8 dollar panasonic headphones i got off amazon before getting the S11’s sounded as good and were louder. (however, those headphones are an incredible value, honestly the best headphone as far as bang for the buck goes, so that takes nothing away from the S11)

I was surprised how long the range was too. I heard people complaining that they had to have it strapped to their arm to get good reception. I have literally put my phone down by the leg press while streaming music, forgot about, got up and walked about 30 feet to the water fountain before it started breaking up.

Overall i’d give 'em an 8 out of 10.

BTW, those panasonic headphones i mentioned on amazon, i swear if you dont mind the cord they are unbelievable. 8 FUCKING dollars for headphones that have solid volume, great clarity, and i swear the fit is incredible for ear buds. They will not loosen up or fall out of your ears unless snagged and even then half the time they dont come out. I keep an extra pair in my truck in case i forget. Check em out.