Bluetooth Headphones for Weight Lifting?

So ive recently started using headphones again while lifting. I used to hate it because i found it distracting but as my workouts have become more intense i find that its great for pumping me up and keeping me focused now, however i cant stand having the damn cord. I find myself spending more time fiddling with the headphones at the gym than lifting.

So ive been looking on amazon for some nice blue tooth headphones, but i cant find any that seem to be universally well reviewed. I dont mind spending some decent cash on them, but it seems that for every person who liked him, another person HATES them. (poor fit, terrible reception)

They need to be sweat proof and preferably behind the neck. Does anyone have any experience with bluetooth headphones while lifting that can provide a good review/recommendation for me?

TL/DR: I need some nice bluetooth/sweat proof headphones for lifting.

Thanks for any advice.

Try this site.

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/

[quote]kothreat wrote:
Try this site.

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/[/quote]

I saw the freedoms for a decent price on amazon, but again, mixed reviews. Ill check out the rest of their product line though, thanks.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:
So ive recently started using headphones again while lifting. I used to hate it because i found it distracting but as my workouts have become more intense i find that its great for pumping me up and keeping me focused now, however i cant stand having the damn cord. I find myself spending more time fiddling with the headphones at the gym than lifting.

So ive been looking on amazon for some nice blue tooth headphones, but i cant find any that seem to be universally well reviewed. I dont mind spending some decent cash on them, but it seems that for every person who liked him, another person HATES them. (poor fit, terrible reception)

They need to be sweat proof and preferably behind the neck. Does anyone have any experience with bluetooth headphones while lifting that can provide a good review/recommendation for me?

Y
Thanks for any advice. [/quote]
I have the Motorola S10. They work well but sometimes don’t want to sync. I have never lifted with them but it seems like they would work as well or better than most.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

Y
Thanks for any advice. [/quote]
I have the Motorola S10. They work well but sometimes don’t want to sync. I have never lifted with them but it seems like they would work as well or better than most.
[/quote]

they dont sync or they cut in and out?

My biggest concern is the reception quality, i dont want any cutting in and out. It seems that none of the blue tooth headphones ive found that im interested in are 100% on this. For every great review, theres someone else who says the reception sucks.

Some people say they work from 30 feet away, others say they had to have them strapped to their arm. Thats actually what ive seen from a lot of user reviews for several bluetooth headphone sets. I want to keep my phone in my pocket.

Thanks for the recommendation, i will look into it.

this is what I use, not bad and you can plug in any headphones you want in them.

[quote]

they dont sync or they cut in and out?

My biggest concern is the reception quality, i dont want any cutting in and out. It seems

Some people say they work from 30 feet away, others say they had to have them strapped to their arm. Thats actually what ive seen from a lot of user reviews for several bluetooth headphone sets. I want to keep my phone in my pocket.

Thanks for the recommendation, i will look into it. [/quote]
They are fussy about synching, you have to find the sweet spot sometimes. Never cut out.

Other than that they work and sound great.

hmm…

i do olympic lifting and have never had a trouble with wire. the key is to run it UNDER your clothing. worst case your ear buds fall out and hang down a little from your neck-line. occasionally i gotta pull more cord out but that is all. i run it under the neck then over my shoulder and it inserts into the device either on a back pocket on my top or my pants (running gym gear helps me out the most with this).

i’m not sure why people have problems with this…

[quote]alexus wrote:
hmm…

i do olympic lifting and have never had a trouble with wire. the key is to run it UNDER your clothing. worst case your ear buds fall out and hang down a little from your neck-line. occasionally i gotta pull more cord out but that is all. i run it under the neck then over my shoulder and it inserts into the device either on a back pocket on my top or my pants (running gym gear helps me out the most with this).

i’m not sure why people have problems with this…[/quote]

Ear buds don’t stay in for shit while I lift. And even under my shirt, when doing things like lying face down on an incline Bench they get pulled. I want to be able to forget I’m even wearing them.

Bottom line is I’m not interested in anything that isn’t wireless.

I run a cord under my clothes and it constantly pulls on my ears. Very, very fucking annoying.

I’ll have a look at some of these links

[quote]alexus wrote:
hmm…

Ear buds don’t stay in for shit while I lift. And even under my shirt, when doing things like lying face down on an incline Bench they get pulled. I want to be able to forget I’m even wearing them.

Bottom line is I’m not interested in anything that isn’t wireless. [/quote]

Do you use the rubber earbuds? They stay in pretty good and block outside sound out.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]alexus wrote:
hmm…

Bottom line is I’m not interested in anything that isn’t wireless. [/quote]

Do you use the rubber earbuds? They stay in pretty good and block outside sound out.
[/quote]

Yeah i do. Tried 2 different sizes, i dont know if its my ears or what, but it seems i am fiddling with them between every set. Thats why i said i would prefer a set that runs behind the head.

I am going to look into everything thats been suggested so far though. I would say that ive really been enjoying using the headphones to get me pumped up, if it werent for all the fiddling around.

Bluetooth or cabled I think I’d just struggle with something heavy only vaguely attached to my head while moving around.
Try earbuds with different size tips (cheapie TDKs have three sizes) then just persevere till you’re doing the adjustments on autopilot and don’t notice it any more. I used to make sure mine were secure before doing a set, now it’s become a habit and I’ve got a Pavlov’s Dog thing going on where securing earbuds is part of the mental prep for a set.

I’ve tried several pairs of bluetooth but none are that great while training. I found that sweat tends to short them out regardless of what’s told. I also didn’t find the fit to be that great.

I found these and are perfect for all my listening needs. They aren’t audiophile quality but are stay in place impeccably. The handful of times where I haven’t ran the cord under my shirt I’ve caught the cord on various racks and the buds never leave my ears.

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/fix-bud-athletic-orange

james

After doing some further research i think its going to be between the jaybird freedoms or the jabra clipper. Whichever one i end up going with i will post a review at a later point. Thanks for all your help guys, and if anyone else still has a suggestion, please post.

Report back after you buy and try

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Report back after you buy and try[/quote]

Will do.

I’m glad you brought this issue up. I have a raging love hate relationship with headphones when I train.

Chords too short, chords too long, somehow getting looped around my balls which pulls the buds out of my ears AND lifts my satchel…

Buds that pop out when I turn my head or bend over… Etc.

It’s maddening.

Some day, some company will make an all inclusive listening device that has a shuffle type player built into the plastic arced piece that connects the two earphones and I will by a dozen of them, giving two of them away for charity and keeping the rest of them itemized for playlists such as:

1. Metal
  2. Mastodon (they get their own shuffle so fuck you)
  3. Grunge
  4. 140+ BPM techno/Marching Band Drumlines
  5. Industrial
  6. Public Enemy/Outkast
  7. Tool
  8. Disco
  9. Classic Rock
  10. Enya/Alison Krauss/Enigma/Random Monk Chants

Awwww shit I think we’ve got a winning idea hear (get it?), and you fuckers can get in on the ground floor

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
I’m glad you brought this issue up. I have a raging love hate relationship with headphones when I train.

Chords too short, chords too long, somehow getting looped around my balls which pulls the buds out of my ears AND lifts my satchel…

It’s maddening.

Some day, some company will make an all inclusive listening device that has a shuffle type player built into the plastic arced piece that connects the two earphones and I will by a dozen of them, giving two of them away for charity and keeping the rest of them itemized for playlists such as:

1. Metal
  3. Grunge
  5. Industrial
  6. Public Enemy/Outkast
  7. Tool
  8. Disco
  9. Classic Rock

Awwww shit I think we’ve got a winning idea hear (get it?), and you fuckers can get in on the ground floor
[/quote]

The headphones I mentioned above will do all that, the only problem I have had with them is sometimes having difficulty syncing.

Edit* it won’t do everything you mentioned, like getting wrapped around your balls but will play music unencumbered.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

It’s maddening.

1. Metal
  3. Grunge
  5. Industrial
  6. Public Enemy/Outkast
  7. Tool
  8. Disco
  9. Classic Rock

[/quote]

The headphones I mentioned above will do all that, the only problem I have had with them is sometimes having difficulty syncing.

Edit* it won’t do everything you mentioned, like getting wrapped around your balls but will play music unencumbered.
[/quote]

I was actually going to buy the ones you posted, but it seemed the general consensus was that the audio quality was lacking compared to other bluetooth headphones.

Im still hurting from christmas/time off from work for the holidays (im a contractor so i dont get paid time off) but im thinking next week ill order some of the jaybird freedoms and see how they hold up. Will let ya’ll know how they perform. They seem to be very popular, there are some mixed reviews but ive resigned myself to the fact that im not gonna find anything that fits my needs and is in my price range that is universally considered the best.