T Nation

BluePfaltz's Training Log

It’s about time I made one of these for all T-men and women to see. I have one I bring to the gym with me, so this is just a translation of that.

Some people here are starting to think I don’t even lift, so this is to put that to rest.

I’m currently on a Mass Building phase. Eating heavy and such. I did no cardio today and for breakfast I had three bagels (two blueberry and one poppy seed) loaded with whipped cream cheese and smoked salmon. Washed it down with a can of Arizona Southern Tea.

Usual supps: TRIBEX, Power Drive, German Creatine, Surge and Metabolic Drive Complete.

Back, Biceps, and Abs

Pull-up (No Weight) - 3 sets 10, 8, and 5.
Bent-over Barbell Row - 3 sets of 8. 45lbs. (135 total)
Seated Cable Row - 3 sets of 10. 140lbs.
Straight Arm Pulldown - 3 sets of 12. 120lbs.
Barbell Curl - 3 sets of 8. 80lbs.
Preacher Curl (EZ Bar) - 3 sets of 10. 60lbs.
Incline Dumbbell Curl - 3 sets of 12. 25lbs.
Hanging Leg Raise - 3 sets of 25.
Swiss Ball Crunch - 3 sets of 35.

Most with a 1 or 2 minute rest between each set.

Dinner is a big burger with onions on whole wheat buns and a bottle of Sam Adam’s Irish Red.

I had a really shitty nights sleep. I should have takes some Z-12, but I don’t think that would have helped. It was hot last night; very hot. I don’t have air conditioning where I live, only a fan…

I only had two Blueberry bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon today… And a Banana Nut flavored coffee.

Usual supps.

Legs, Calves, and Abs

Squat - 3 sets of 8. 185, 225, 225lbs.
Leg Press - 3 sets of 10. 270lbs.
Lunge (45lb Plate held overhead) - 3 sets of 12 steps.
Leg Extension - 3 sets of 12. 90lbs.
Romanian Deadlift - 3 sets of 10. 80lbs (kinda light).
Lying Leg Curl - 3 sets of 15. 90lbs.
Standing Calf Raise - 3 sets of 12. 160lbs.
Seated Calf Raise - 3 sets of 15. 90lbs.
Machine Crunch (Inner Abs) - 3 sets of 18. 160lbs.
Cable Crunch - 3 sets of 15. 150lbs.

Nice rare T-bone steak with Brown Rice, stewed carrots and a Sam Adam’s Irish Red for dinner.

I wish I could make my 1,000th post a little more important then this, but whatever.

I like Gear. There, I wrote it.

Back and Biceps

Bent-Over Barbell Row - 4 sets of 6, 6, 8, 8. 155lbs.
Lat Pulldown - 3 sets of 8. 160lbs.
One Arm Dumbbell Row - 3 sets of 8. 60, 65lbs. (kinda light)
Reverse Grip Pulldown - 3 sets of 8. 140, 160, 180lbs.
[i]/Superset With[/i]
EZ-Barbell Curl - 3 sets of 12. 60lbs.
Cable Concentration Curl - 3 sets of 15 (Drop Sets). 55, 45, 30lbs.

I haven’t done cardio in over a month. I’ll probably die soon.

Salad for Dinner, with Veal and Mashed Potatoes. Yep, Sam Adam’s too. I love beer.

Haven’t been sleeping well at all. I will probably move into my mother’s basement soon like a pimpled D&D loser, but I don’t care - sleep is that important to me. It’s nice and cool down there. I’m also running out of Albuterol, and I will have problems when that happens.

I took a TRIBEX with REZ-V this morning. Loved every minute of my day today. Crappy breakfast this morning though; oatmeal, blueberry yogurt and chopped walnuts. Didn’t taste bad, just not my idea of anabolic.

Chest, Triceps and Abs

Bench Press - 3 sets of 8. 185, 205, 225lbs.
Incline Dumbbell Press - 3 sets of 10. 70, 75, 80lbs.
Incline Dumbbell Flye - 3 sets of 12. 40, 45, 50lbs.
Machine Pec-Deck Flye - 3 sets of 15. 170lbs.
Close Grip Bench Press - 3 sets of 8. 155lbs.
Pressdown (Rotated handle) - 3 sets of 10. 85lbs.
Lying Tricep Extension - 3 sets of 12. 70lbs.
Hanging Knee Raise (with 4kg. medicine ball in knees) - 3 sets to failure. 20 reps.
Swiss Ball Crunch - 3 sets to failure. 25reps.

Again, all with a 1 to 2 minute rest between. It should be noted, I never warm up. It’s a habit I will have to make, but up to this day I never do anything to make my body warm before my first lift.

Dinner is a T-Bone with mixed steamed veggies, mashed taters and a Sam Adam’s.

It should also be known I have been ripping some SERIOUS ass today. I mean farts so bad I made all my air freshening plants wither yellow. I feel it’s not necessary to investigate the cause, my diet is the culprit.

Long day today. I hope to go to the beach tomorrow to tan some, I’m pretty white. Crappy diet today; a lot of caffeine and not much actual sustenance, just a lot of “hold me overs”.

However, I found a great way to mix Power Drive…

1 Scoop blueberry flavored Sherbet
1 Serving Power Drive
5mg Biotest Creatine
1/2 cup Iced Coffee with Milk.

Blend and chug. Delicious…

Shoulders and Traps

Barbell Press - 3 sets of 8. 135lbs.
Upright Row - 3 sets of 10. 80, 85, 85lbs.
Lateral Raise - 3 sets of 12. 22.5lbs.
Bent-over Lateral Raise - 3 sets of 15. 30lbs.
Barbell Shrug - 3 sets of 8. 275lbs.
Dumbbell Shrug - 2 sets of 10. 100lbs.

Again, all or most with a 2± minute rest.

My fuckin MP3 player broke and forced me to buy a new one. It can’t arrive a day sooner at this point - if I have to listen to the fuckin numa-numa song at my gym one more time, I’m launching a barbell King Leonidas style at someone’s head. If ANYONE reading this knows how to fix a button that wont work when depressed, please PM me with instructions.

Dinner was a huge plate of Muslim food - Fareekah with Chicken, two pita breads; small pickle, radish and tomato salad - Yogurt with shredded cucumber and mint dip.

I wish I could date an Arabic girl, the food is worth it alone.

Yes I’m crazy. I drove 94 miles to Limerick, PA just to eat at a Sonic’s. It was the nearest one to me and I have been craving that shit for a long, long time. Why there cant be one where I live is ridiculous - never mind me.

Legs, Calves and Abs

Barbell Squat - 3 sets of 8. 225lbs.
Leg Press - 3 sets of 10. 320lbs.
Lunge (with 45lb plate held above head) - 3 sets of 12 steps.
Leg Extension - 3 sets of 15. 95lbs.
Romanian Deadlift - 3 sets of 10. 85lbs.
Lying Leg Curl - 3 sets of 15. 95lbs.
Standing Calf Raise - 3 sets of 12. 280lbs.
Seated Calf Raise - 3 sets of 15. 100lbs.
Reverse Crunch - 3 sets to Failure. 50, 45, 40.
Cable Crunch - 3 sets of 15. {Tall Order} Appx. 180lbs.

Listening to Watershed, Opeth’s newest album. Great stuff.

Not much else… Feeling good today. Watching a lot of Rick Steven’s Travels and relaxing. When I was driving through Eastern PA, Western NJ, I realized how beautiful and serene the country side is. It actually makes me think I can exist peacefully outside North Jersey without a rebound of Panic Attacks and Asthma related injuries.

For those of you reading this living by the Delaware Valley, god bless you. You have great life out there.

Fucked up day today. I was especially weak on the iron floor this afternoon. I took my Power Surge and TRIBEX after sleeping in late, so I’m not sure where the fault is.

Back and Biceps

Straight Arm Pulldown - 3 sets of 15. 130lbs
/Superset with
Pull Up - 3 sets to Failure. 5, 3, and 3.
Seated Cable Row - 3 sets of 12 (Rest Pause). 140lbs.
Lat Pulldown - 3 sets of 15 (Drop Set). 160, 140, 130lbs.
Barbell Curl - 2 sets of 6, one set of 8. 80lbs.
Preacher Curl (EZ bar)- 3 sets of 8. 70lbs
Alternating Dumbbell Curl - 3 sets of 8. 30, 35, 35lbs.

Wait, maybe it’s cause of the Sonic’s from yesterday and this morning. That theoretically could explain my weakness today…

I usually do anywhere between 15 and 20 Pull ups (with straps), and today I could only do 5??? That was fucked up. Also, I needed to strap with the Pulldowns cause those were exceedingly difficult. I’m sure my form sucked especially for the Longpulls too, those felt hard at 140lbs - what I’m used to…

A lot of bullshitting today too, I guess cause it’s the weekend, it happens more then other days, but still…

Also, I’m still MP3 playerless… Today I heard Take On Me from Ah-ha! during preacher curls and I lost it. Shouting, cussin, the whole nine… I should probably lay off the TRIBEX for a bit, meh…

Goddamn headaches started today. After the squats, my fuckin cranium was pressurized with pain and hell. I even turned down my headphones a bit, but that only helped my ears hurt less. Maybe it’s cause I’m not drinking enough water. Maybe it’s also cause I have been marathon style beating off for the past two days… I know the TRIBEX is behind that, so I think I’ll cool it for a bit (don’t want to overdo it).

Anyway, can anyone tell me how to perform a Smith Machine Front Squat properly? I tried, but I know I looked like an asshole attempting.

Legs and Calves

Barbell Squat. 2 sets of 6, 2 sets of 8. 225, 225, 245, 245lbs.
Smith Machine Front Squat. 3 sets of 8. 95, 110, 110lbs.
Hack Squat - 3 sets of 8. 180, 270, 270lbs.
Leg Extension - 3 sets of 8. 110, 130, 150lbs.
Romanian Deadlift - 3 sets of 8. 95lbs.
Lying Leg Curl - 3 sets of 8. 120lbs.
Seated Calf Raise - 3 sets of 20. 90lbs.
[i]/Superset With[/i]
Leg Press Calf Raise - 3 sets of 20. 270lbs

The leg extensions were easy as shit. I should have moved up in those by at least 20lbs. So were the fuckin Leg-press calf raises, I only had 3 big wheels on the ends, I could have done with at least 5.

I know I’m getting stronger and bigger, so this program is deffidently good…It’s just getting harder to determine what weight is good for me within the set/rep range… I’m outgrowing a lot of the weights (I’m not complaining), though it’s often deceiving at times.

Dinner is Pizza and a Sam Adam’s Brown Ale.

Problem with right forearm and wrist today… Probably hurts from wanking so much. I’m serious about that. Great breakfast today; oatmeal, milk, walnuts, flax, cinnamon and blueberries nuked and mixed. Nice anabolic goodness.

Chest, Triceps and Abs

Bench Press - 3 sets of 8. 185, 205, 225lbs.
Incline Dumbbell Press - 3 sets of 10. 75, 80, 80lbs.
Incline Dumbbell Flye - 3 sets of 12. 45, 50, 55lbs.
Machine Pec-Deck Flye - 3 sets of 15. 190lbs.
Close Grip Bench press - 3 sets of 8. 155, 165, 165lbs.
Pressdown (rotation handle) - 3 sets of 10. 85lbs.
Lying Tricep Extension (EZ Bar) - 3 sets of 12. 70, 80, 80lbs.
Hanging Knee Raise (with 4kg. Medicine ball between knees - 3 sets to Failure. 25, 20, 18.
Swiss Ball Crunch - 3 sets to failure. 50, 50, 50.

Still no cardio, no warmups, no cooldowns and no stretching. I know thats wrong, so I will implement one thing at a time. I also haven’t been getting my fruits and veggies in like I’m supposed to, so that too has to change.

I should also be recognizing I have been off kilter lately. I could use with a few hours by myself every now and then just to nap or write or whatever… My droneness has carried over to the iron floor and something must be done.

Dinner is a whole box of whole wheat Omega-3 enriched Pasta with mussels in a marina sauce with a Brown Ale.

Shitty eating. I’ve said this on many threads before; my diet fucking blows. Good lifting day, however.

Shoulders and Traps

Overhead Barbell Press - 3 sets of 8. 135lbs.
Upright Row - 3 sets of 10. 95lbs.
Lateral Raise - 3 sets of 12. 25lbs.
Bent-Over Lateral Raise - 3 sets of 15. 35lbs.
Dumbbell Shrug - 3 sets of 10. 120lbs.

Beef LoMein and a Brown Ale is dinner.

I feel it is necessary to mention Mr. Shugart’s article about the 4 stages of Mental Mastery at this point… I know I’m fucking up, I know I can do better - yet, I don’t. It’s not fucking rocket science, I make stupid choices cause I don’t have self control…

It’s gonna be hard, but I must learn it.

is that u in the photo? and hows your leg deveopment seems your going way to low on weight for squats compared to your bench.

[quote]bignate wrote:
is that u in the photo? and hows your leg deveopment seems your going way to low on weight for squats compared to your bench.[/quote]

That’s not me in my avatar, I should really get some pics up soon…

To be honest, I’m kind of light on leg day so I can see why you would say that. I’m never sure if I’m squatting at the right depth; especially at high weight. I do expect to move up in leg weight in the next 8 or so weeks, but I do agree.

There is also NO protocol for Deadlifts in this program, but the next one I do I will be sure to incorporate them, if not focus on them mostly.

What else is new. Fucked up diet again. I tried though, I had a nutritious (but disgustingly unsavory) breakfast, but that was it. I’m putting my foot down with beer; after this six pack is done, no-more.

Maybe one on a weekend, but that’s it. I ordered Robertson/Hartman’s Inside Out Warm-up book, so that’s a step in the right direction to warming up at least. Sleep is kinda off, but that can be remedied with good food and cardio every now and then.

Right forearm is strained… I can only guess from what. Curling with a fat bar sucks right now.

Back, Biceps and Abs

Pull-up - 3 sets to failure. 10, 6, and 5.
Bent-Over Row - 3 sets of 8. 135, 155, 155lbs.
Seated Cable Rows - 3 sets of 10. 140, 150, 170lbs.
Straight Arm Pulldown - 3 sets of 12. 130, 140, 140lbs.
Barbell Curl (Fatbar) - 3 sets of 8. 80lbs.
Preacher Curl (EZ bar) - 3 sets of 10. 70lbs.
Reverse Crunch - 3 sets to failure. 30, 20, 15.
Cable Crunch - 3 sets of 15. {Tall Order}.

Dinner = Memphis Style Baked Ribs with 2 Sam Adam’s Boston Ale… This was before training today…

Much better diet day today. Fresh juiced Carrots to wash down an apple, skim swiss cheese, and a sourdough roll…Lots of water and a MRP for lunch.

Legs and Calves

Leg Extension - 3 sets of 15. 130lbs.
[i]/Superset With[/i]
Smith Machine Half-Squat - 3 sets of 12. 182 ± lbs.
Leg press - 3 sets of 15. 270 ± lbs. (Light!)
Lunge (With 45lb. Plate held above body) - 3 sets of 15 steps.
Seated Leg Curl - 3 sets of 15. 115lbs.
[i]/Superset With[/i]
Romanian Deadlift - 3 sets of 15. 90lbs. (Very Hard!).
Standing Calf Raise - 3 sets of 8. 300lbs.
Seated Calf Raise - 3 sets of 8. 135lbs.

My calves must be growing, cause that was bitch weight to me. My whole body is growing, cause these numbers don’t lie. I felt better today; semi-clean eating and decent REM sleep made for a stable day. Tomorrow and Sunday will be Cardio for an hour only… Figure I gotta get that shit in sooner or later.

Aha… Lentil Soup, Tuna sandwiches and a Sam Adam’s Cherry Wheat. It’s whats for dinner.

Tried a few warm-up exercises from the Inside-Out Warm-up Print manual I got from my order that came in today. Gotta say, great advice and protocol - I felt stronger and more mobile after 5 minutes of prescribed directions.

Better eating today. Not enough water though, but will correct my shortcomings in increments.

Chest and Triceps

Bench Press - 4 sets, 2 of 6; 2of 8. 185, 205, 225, 205lbs.
Flat-bench Dumbbell Press - 3 sets of 8. 80, 80, 85lbs.
Incline Dumbbell Flye - 3 sets of 8. 50, 55, 60lbs.
Overhead Tricep Extension - 3 sets of 12. 80, 80, 90lbs.
[i]/Superset With[/i]
Lying Tricep Extension (EZ Bar) - 3 sets of 10. 70lbs.
Dips - 3 sets to failure. 14, 14, 10.

The flyes on the incline bench was bitch weight. I could very well have had shitty form that would explain that, I’ll need to see a video if I have been doing them right. Also, the bench going from 225, to 205 pissed me off. I could only crank out 6 on my own before a spotter forced repped me for the last 2. To help me save face, I dropped the 45lb wheel for the 35 and finished the last 8 by myself.

I also used a Grappling compression rashguard as a half-assed bench shirt. Seemed to help at least in my mind…

Dinner was Metabolic Drive with Creatine.

ZMA and Z-12 before sleep.

The Carbolin 19 is great. I’m not sure if people report feeling it working, but I get kind of a surge of heat that makes my hair stand on end from taking a full dose within an hour… deffidently awesome.

Shoulders, Traps and Abs

Overhead Shoulder Press - 3 sets of 8. 135lbs.
Upright Row - 3 sets of 10. 95lbs.
Lateral Raise - 3 sets of 12. 25lbs.
Bent-Over Lateral Raise - 3 sets of 15. 35lbs.
Dumbbell Shrug - 3 sets of 10. 120lbs.
Hanging Leg Raise - 3 sets to Failure. 25, 20, 28.
Swiss Ball Crunch - 3 sets to Failure. 55, 50, Too many (lost count).

This was nearly the exact same numbers I did last week. I felt like I could have moved up in everything at least by 5 or 10lbs, but I felt like keeping it a “light” day today. Not too much energy cause I’m running on 5 hours of sleep, but I used the straps less today as well.

When I took off my shirt when I got back in the locker room, I noticed when I was chugging my Surge in the parabolic dome mirror that I was sporting a 8 pack. I can only tell when I’m sweating, just did abs and stretch them out that I got some muscle under the skin and fat, but its deffidently a start.

Dinner is an Apple, swiss cheese and a Bagel. Can of Arizona Sweet Tea to wash it down.

My Rhodiola Rosea order came in today, and I can feel it working already. My sleep is out of wack and will be going to bed early tonight.

Back and Biceps

Pull Up - 3 sets to Failure. 11, 10, 10.
Bent-Over Barbell Row - 3 sets of 8.
135, 155, 155lbs.
Seated Cable Row - 3 sets of 10. 170lbs.
Straight Arm Pulldown - 3 sets of 12. Tall Order! (150 ± lbs)
Barbell Curl - 3 sets of 8. 80lbs
Preacher Curl (EZ Bar) - 3 sets of 10. 70lbs.
Incline Dumbbell Curl - 3 sets of 12. 30lbs.

I need to stop using the FatBar for the bicep curls, my forearms are taking most of the strain and my biceps feel underused.

Dinner is a few Franks, Sauerkraut and potato Salad.

All the free roaming test in my system has made me especially hungry… 2 Blueberry Bagels with Low-Fat chunky Smoked Salmon cream cheese and Graham Cracker coffee. Favorite breakfast so far.

I’m starting to find leg day not as daunting as I used to… Maybe it’s the supplements, maybe its just the pure hard training, likely it’s both.

Ive also made so important changes,

• I’ve reserved beer/alcohol only on the weekends and Vacations.

• Eat every 3 hours and drink lots of water.

• Stretch 1st thing in the morning, and right before bed.

• Warm up (Inside-Out style) before every workout.

It doesn’t seem like much, but it’s a start.

Legs, Calves and Abs

Squat - 3 sets of 8. 225, 225, 245lbs.
Leg Press - 3 sets of 10. 360lbs.
Lunge (45lb plate hoisted above body) - 3 sets of 12 steps.
Leg Extension - 3 sets of 15. 110lbs.
Romanian Deadlift - 3 sets of 10. 180lbs.
Lying Leg Curl - 3 sets of 15. 110lbs.
Standing Calf Raise - 3 sets of 12. Tall Stack! (320± lbs)
Seated Calf Raise - 3 sets of 15. 135lbs.
Hanging Knee Raise (5kg Medicine Ball between Knees). 3 sets to failure. 25, 18, 12.
Cable Crunch - 3 sets of 15. Tall Stack! (150± lbs)

I’m running out of weights in the gym to do cable crunches with. WTF do I do now?

Dinner is a huge bowl of Mussels Marinara over Linguine, a salad and two Garlic Knots for dipping. Water to drink.

I feel fuckin great today. Inside-Out Warming up is really what I was looking for in a warm-up. Eating well today too.

Chest and Triceps

Low Cable Crossover - 3 sets of 12. 45, 50, 60lbs.
[i]/Superset With[/i]
High Cable Crossover - 3 sets of 12. 45, 50, 60lbs.
Incline Barbell Bench Press - 3 sets of 10. 155, 175, 175lbs.
Decline Push-up - 2 sets to Failure. 30, 20.
Close Grip Bench Press - 2 sets of 6, 1 set of 8. 155, 175, 175.
Pulldown (Straight Bar) - 3 sets of 8. 80, 85, 85lbs.
Overhead Tricep Extension (Dumbbell, each arm) - 3 Sets of 8. 30lbs.

I know I would look damn good if I were to cut some body fat. As some of you might know, Gyno is a mild problem with me and I’m saving my pennies for its removal one day.

Neighbor’s having BBQ. Lunch is Roast Open Flame Pork, and we’ll see what else…

Shoulders and Traps

Overhead Barbell Press - 2 sets of 6, 2 sets of 8. 135, 135, 155, 155lbs.
Smith Machine Wide-Grip Upright Row - 3 sets of 8. 135, 135, 155 ± lbs.
Lateral Raise - 3 sets of 8. 30lbs.
Cable Front Raise - 3 sets of 8. 40, 45, 45lbs.
Smith Machine Shrug (Behind Back) - 3 sets of 12. 225lbs
[i]/Superset With[/i]
Smith Machine Shrug (In front) - 3 sets of 12. 225lbs.

Thats all folks.