Blows to the Head, TRT Concerns?

@KSman

In another thread, you posted this:

What would that be a concern of? I’ve had three concussions since the age of 12/13. What would I look into and ask my doctor about to cover this? Any stickies or anything I can read up on it?

The pituitary can be damaged. Recently someone on NPR was advocating that all males be tested for lost T levels after a blow to the head. Real problem for warriors who survive explosions and IED’s.

https://www.google.com/search?q=head+trauma+low+testosterone

1 Like

Awesome and thank you. I appreciate it.

I’ll look into it. Over a year ago I tested at 237 and then a few weeks later 136. I did start my own TRT medicating, but I’m off now since I found a doctor that allows other patients to inject at home. Hope to get in legally and be able to get AI and hopefully hCG.

The hCG for this mostly:

My father died a few years ago for Alzheimers. I feel my memory and cognitive has been very sub par lately. Trying to study for a cert and can’t concentrate or comprehend anything. Have you any experience with Pregnenolone?

I tried oral and transdermal pregnenolone and I am a poor absorber. So I don’t bother.

That can be many things, getting older does not help. I did not see a thread where you have labs etc posted. Thyroid is always worth looking at as low hanging fruit.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

I thought I had posted temps before. I’ll look and see if I can find them. If not, I’ll do them again.

I assume these tests?

LH and FSH
TT
FT or bio-T
E2
PSA
DRE

As I’m going to a doctor that works with TRT and allows people to inject at home.

CBC to get hematocrit as some guys on TRT get high hematocrit.

For guys > 40 YO

It is really idiotic to see the guys in there 20’s getting PSA lab work…

I believe my hematocrit is or was high.

I’m 42, so I guess I’ll be getting both. I’ll post up labs when I get them.

Thanks @KSman!

Yeah, I’m not looking forward to hitting 50 after today.

I showed her the list of test I wanted to get plus whatever she wanted, she did everything but LH/FSH and free/bio-t.

If the TT is low, we can go ahead with TRT, if not, then there isn’t any point on getting the extra test (at my expense.) So I said we can leave it out. On a tight budget.

Had the finger prod. Didn’t want to do it, but I know it’s the right thing to do. Read an article about how test can help cancerous cells grow stronger and faster. I’m glad I read that, cause she did tell me I could refuse it. Not chancing it.

So everything else will be tested and what she wanted.

@KSman I’ll stop posting in this one and create a new one for my TRT (legally) journey. Thanks for the help and any future. I know “find a local trt doctor” helped me find this one.