T Nation

Bloodwork Shows Low FSH. LH and Test Completely Normal

Hi guys. New here. 25 years old and male. I have cycled in the past and it’s been almost 9 months since I’ve been on any steroid/prohormone/sarm. My PCT consisted of nolva and clomid. I did no use hcg while on cycle. I had bloodwork that showed elevated test during PCT so I knew my nolva and clomid was good.

Current meds: 1mg finasteride daily, nothing else.

I recently got blood work done because I have been feeling lethargic and having signs of low T. Erections are weak, I have difficulty climaxing. Sex drive is way down. Blood work just came back. Here is what I have:

FSH <0.7 L (1.6-8.0 mIU/mL) - LOW
LH 3.4 (1.5-9.3 mIU/mL)
ESTRADIOL 25 (< OR = 39 pg/mL )
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, MS 509 (250-1100 ng/dL)
TESTOSTERONE, FREE 54.5 (35.0-155.0 pg/mL)

FSH is basically 0 which is weird to me. I have noticed that my testicles are very small. I also feel like being a 25 year old athlete my free T should be much higher.

I am thinking of starting clomid monotherapy at 12.5mg ED with 12.5mg aromisin EoD and re testing a month later. Thoughts?

What could be going on with my body?

Finesteride is known to cause those effects and more, DHT is important for all those things - why are you taking it?

For male pattern baldness. I didn’t know fin crashed FSH levels - is that a documented thing?

Post finasteride syndrome is very real and sometimes irreversible and there is no cure. A type of brain or receptor damage has taken place in cases of PFS where hormone therapies tend to not work.

So you may be trading a full head of hair for permanent sexual dysfunction, prescription drugs always have pros and cons.

Blocking DHT a very necessary hormone is a bad idea, would you block testosterone if it meant having a full head of hair?

There’s so much we don’t know about DHT and what other process is it’s responsible for, low testosterone over a period of time is thought to cause Alzheimer’s disease, imagine if we find out that the lack of DHT causes Alzheimer’s disease which is a byproduct testosterone.

I think our society is brainwashed to think that a pill can solve all your problems, instead they tend to create new problems.

With all due respect, the medical evidence for PFS is very weak and a lot of this fear mongering regarding fin does not help. I understand the role of DHT in the body and I understand the risk (around 1% reported in real scientific literature) I am taking to maintain my hair line.

I’ve never felt any different while on or off fin, but I have of course felt much different these last 7 months trying to recover from nearly 2 years of steroid use. My goal is just to feel better and get my body working to it’s full potential.

I can’t seem to find anything online about finasteride crashing FSH levels to this magnitude. I suspect the nonexistent FSH has everything to do with past steroid use and nothing to do with finasteride.

I ordered clomid and aromasin, I am going to try clomid monotherapy 12.5mg a day and get rechecked a few weeks after I start.

How hard did you search… I found this in 30 seconds:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9589555/

“At month 3, the dihydrotestosterone level decreased by 60%, while the testosterone level increased by 15%. FSH and LH levels decreased by 24% and 16%, respectively”

No, I saw that. My FSH level is 0.7. The normal range starts at 1.7. If we assume I saw a 25% decrease in FSH because of finasteride, my starting level would still be around 1 - way lower than the normal range.

I have not seen a single piece of literature showing that finasteride crashes FSH to almost nonexistent levels. A 25% decrease is nothing and does not account for a level of 0.7

Not sure what to tell you but these symptoms all sound like low DHT - if it were me I would use process of elimination and cut out the fin for a week and see if that changes anything in how I felt… if MPB is in your genes no amount of drugs will stop it in the long run

Not a bad idea, but also my free T level is on the lower end and I don’t know what my SHBG level is so it could be one of those as well. I appreciate your feedback though

And there a blood test for dht