Bloodwork Results After 9 Weeks. High Total T, Normal Free T

Hey guys, I recently started TRT, and have been on it for 9 weeks now. My current regimen looks like this:
Anastrozole 1.5 MG Oral Tablets (split into 2 doses)
Chorionic Gonadotropin 10000 UNIT Intramuscular Solution Reconstituted (split into 2 doses)
Testosterone Cypionate 200 MG/ML Intramuscular Solution (split into 2 doses)

For the most part my blood work looks pretty well. My question is this: Currently my total testosterone is high, however my free testosterone looks to be in the normal range. Is there any associated risk with total T being elevated like this? It doesn’t seem to be overly elevated, but I thought I’d see what some more experienced folks thought of this. Thank you for any information.

Testosterone, Serum(ng/dL) Result = 1118 Standard Range = 264-916
Free Testosterone(Direct) (pg/mL) Result = 22.6 Standard Range = 8.7-25.1
Estradiol (pg/mL) Result = 23.9 Standard Range = 7.6 - 42.6

Reference ranges have continue to decline for decades, men these days are running low on testosterone when compared with their grandfathers. High testosterone is healthier for the heart and cardiovascular system if you look at all the studies. If anything you need more testosterone.

A year ago the reference ranges were 348-1198 and before that capped at 1500 and in 10 years it will be lower, so unless you want to continue lowering your testosterone to fit in with all the men of today who are weak minded, apologetic and pathetic, then target a range where you feel your best.

Also realize Total T isn’t bioavailable, Free T is the bioavailable portion of testosterone circulating in the bloodstream. Add to the fact that these reference ranges cut out the top and bottom 2% of the population, meaning 2% of men are above and below the reference ranges naturally.

Your Free T isn’t even at the top of the ranges, I would want it at the top or higher.

1 Like

E[quote=“systemlord, post:2, topic:254876, full:true”]

Reference ranges have continue to decline for decades, men these days are running low on testosterone when compared with their grandfathers. High testosterone is healthier for the heart and cardiovascular system if you look at all the studies. If anything you need more testosterone.

A year ago the reference ranges were 348-1198 and before that capped at 1500 and in 10 years it will be lower, so unless you want to continue lowering your testosterone to fit in with all the men of today who are weak minded, apologetic and pathetic, then target a range where you feel your best.

Also realize Total T isn’t bioavailable, Free T is the bioavailable portion of testosterone circulating in the bloodstream. Add to the fact that these reference ranges cut out the top and bottom 2% of the population, meaning 2% of men are above and below the reference ranges naturally.

Your Free T isn’t even at the top of the ranges, I would want it at the top or higher.
[/quote]

It looks like from the posts and journals around here that 20-30 free t and 1100-1500 is optimized for most men. Find your sweet spot. Some guys go to high free t and don’t feel any different. I personally recovered really fast but sex sleep and well being actually got worse.

What was your pre trt labs. You want to see if your e2 was fine and if so take less ai or none at all. Read the most recent post from a guy who quit ai and all his sides dissapated. Ai sucks and should only be used if you cannot manage e2 via natural body functions. Some guys are obese or genetically prone to estrogen dominance or cannot deal with e2 over a certain range.

New guy on Trt should figure this all out before an ai is implemented for life. It seems many men can find the right dose and not have to stay on Aj for eternity.

That is really good information, Thank you.

Would it be fair to say that if total T isn’t overly elevated, and I’m feeling good, that it’s best to focus on the Free T number when looking at blook work?

Total T is bound to SHBG and is an inactive form of testosterone, only Free T matters and should be at the top or slightly higher.

Everyone will have their own sweat spot for hormones where your body is wanting more or in when excess which is when you’ll see other hormones out of balance like hematocrit or estrogen sides.

My doctor’s who has treated over 10,000 patients states the optimal range is between 20-26 pg/mL (Labcorp). This is the range where men flourish.

Hey Enackers, thanks for the reply. These are my pre-TRT test results.

Testosterone, Serum (ng/dL) result = 497 Standard Range = 264-916
Free Testosterone(Direct) (pg/mL) = 6.6 Standard Range = 8.7-25.1
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum (nmol/L) = 59.5 Standard Range = 16.5-55.9
LH (mIU/mL) = 10.9 Standard Range = 1.7-8.6
Estradiol (pg/mL) = 24.6 Standard Range = 7.6-42.6

After 5 Weeks on TRT my results looked like this - after this test, the Anastrozole went from 1MG to 1.5MG
Testosterone, Serum (ng/dL) result = 1328
Free Testosterone(Direct) (pg/mL) result = 20.8
Estradiol (pg/mL) = 38.3

How did you feel with 38 e2?

None whatsoever. Focus on how you are feeling over the numbers.

It’s hard for me to quantify since I had just started TRT and everything was feeling a little better. I have now taken the 1.5mg of Anastrozole per week for 4 weeks. Prior to that, it was 1mg per week for 5 weeks. I can’t say that I’m noticing too much of a difference with 1.5mg vs 1mg.

Is there a correct ratio of Free T to Estrogen? I had heard 1:1 but would love to know if you guys had heard differently.

Your body should find its own balance. If you are not obese, eat healthy, and low stress I would not take ai. Many men feel better without it. 1.5 is to much. You don’t need to keep levels at 20. Many men around here are fine 30,40 and even higher at 70…

I highly suggest you taper off and micro dose your T. Twice a week is fine. Six weeks after your last pill take bloods and see how you feel. It will take a couple months it’s stabilize but I have a feeling you’ll be fine without an ai since yournpre Trt was like mine and in the 20s. I’m on a large dose and don’t need ai. I feel great!

IF you have serious sides then start .25 but only if.

That is definitely good info there. Thanks!