Bloodwork: Low Test, Low Estrogen

@bcostigan41 oh man. Priapism is no joke whatsoever. Do NOT have sex for a few days minimum.

Thanks @physioLojik, I appreciate it. I even texted to my wife while I was waiting for relief that ā€œThose commercials are no joke, this hurts a lotā€¦ā€ haha.

Was feeling good during spring/summer of 18, but something is off now - about 3 months ago, just lost the ability to maintain an erection.

Iā€™m on 125 - 140mg test cyp a week.

E2 sitting 25.6 (0 - 60)ā€¦all other markers seemed ā€œin rangeā€, but TSH came back at 3.53 (0 - 4.5), so Doc wanted more Thyroid numbers and the penile doppler, hence my appointment of horrors todayā€¦but just read youā€™d recommend a saliva test for Thyroidā€¦hoping something of value comes from the thyroid bloods today.

Oh, and he tells me to stop test injections for a week so my androgen receptors can take a break and maybe Iā€™ll get that feeling back again. Seems puzzlingā€¦thoughts on stopping?

Thanks again for chiming in, I appreciate it. Hope things are going well with the family and the newborn.

She could start with 4mg cream once a day. Apply over labia. Injection, 10-15mg once a week.

Your in texas right? Hopefully you are in Houston and realize the medical center is one of the best areas for great docs across the country.

If you do have issues you had better find a medical malpractice attorney. this is just wrong what this idiot did. Now he wants you to stop T lolā€¦ just tell him you stopped for a week. its not like your going to see a huge drop or anythingā€¦ maybe on the last day youll feel a little less awesomeā€¦

btw i am in week 5ā€¦ not feeling great yet. but i know it takes time. how long did it take you.

Iā€™m in the Houston area. The gentleman that dealt with trimix induced priapism is from the Boston area I believe. It took me about 3 weeks to stabilize initially. Iā€™ve felt great ever since with the exception of crashing my e2 recently. It wasnt to bad. I had 1300 tt and 30 ft just no estrogen. Lost all interest in sex for 5 or 6 weeks. Lesson learned.

Yah I saw that just now. Weird your body doesnā€™t create enough estrogen.

I started taking daily injections last week. Too many e2 side effects (high) with twice a week. I know it takes time and Iā€™m only 5 in. I am doing everything I can to stay focused and not jump to conclusions :slight_smile:

I donā€™t feel great yetā€¦ Iā€™m still so brain fogged and canā€™t focus. I have this feeling of urgency to get back to work, and it isnā€™t coming back fast enough.

I guess it really will take longer for this to work on me.

Started with 185t and 3.5 freeā€¦ 90 year old man , but Iā€™m only 40ā€¦

Be careful if you go this way. I put my wife on a super low dose of T and (in her opinion) it made her voice change and it did enlarge her clit, which I loved.

1 Like

I dont plan on going any way by myself. I do want her to go in and get some comprehensive bloodwork done. Iā€™m not educated enough to make those types of decisions. Iā€™m not afraid to tinker with my own hormones but when it comes to her and my children itā€™s a different story entirely.

@highpull @studhammer @alldayeveryday
can it help her lose weight? Cause if it does she will more likely let me stick her!

i mean does testosterone in woman come solely from DHEA? are we shutting them down like we shut down?

maybe try dhea first?

I know less about womens hormones than I do about undiscovered planets outside of our solar system.

2 Likes

I had a nurse from a potential trt doc I was gonna hire tell me she was on Test and hgh.

Was she a crossfitter?

She was with a clinic down in Florida . Not sure about cross fit. They really really thought everyone on the internet was stupid, and I couldnā€™t analyze and pick whatā€™s logical for a TRT Protocolā€¦ so I skipped them and went to anotherā€¦

Good call.

:slight_smile:

Mine did not stay on long enough to make a difference. However, she did see some weight loss with the HGH that we are just finishing. I lost 20 pounds and 4 inches on my waist. She is not seeing anything near that but she is noticing some.

Maybe indirectly. Increased energy and feeling better could lead to increased exercise. She may retain a little fluid and gain. Usually subsides after a while though. Regardless of whether she loses weight or not, it will increase her libido, maybe dramatically, Iā€™ve known guys to get on TRT to keep up with wives on BHRT.

About half of test is made in the ovaries and adrenals. The rest is converted from precursor hormones. At the female doses she will not shut down.

DHEA, sure, worth a try. Some report significantly increase libido with DHEA. Might to a good idea to check levels first, plus youā€™ll know if it is getting absorbed. Some OTC products do not absorb well. Get micronized if possible. Might need a rx and use of a compounder.

1 Like

Her dhea was 130 in August. December is below with occasional 25 MG dhea micronized. Also if you can see testosterone numbers below. Thx

@physioLojik would you suggest some testosterone for a woman with the below numbers?
Wife is obese.

In regards to dhea you said to check levels. Are you referring to testing of dhea or testosterone? Or both?

I was referring to DHEA if thinking of taking it. But, yes, check test/free test as well. If looking to go BHRT route, Iā€™d get a full workup.