Bloodwork Just Came Back

Hey folks, just got my test results back and was hoping before I speak to doctor some of you smarter guys and gals able to offer an opinion.
I’m turning 44 next month. Are these levels decent or should I start TRT… I have most of the symptoms of low T … Dropped from 230lbs to 178 over the last 6 months, waist started at 39, now down to a 33, gym 5 days a week, eating very healthy, still have my john berardi precision nutrition book from 2008 … But the symptoms haven’t gotten much better’

Total Test 569
Reference Range: 250-1100 ng/dL

Free Test
Reference Range: 46.0-224.0 pg/mL

Estradiol
Reference Range: < OR = 39 pg/mL

LH 3.8
Reference Range: 1.5-9.3 mIU/mL

PROGESTERONE

<0.5
Reference Range: <1.4 ng/mL

PROLACTIN
Reference Range: 2.0-18.0 ng/mL

CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL

Reference Range: <200 mg/dL

No Historical Data

HDL CHOLESTEROL

Reference Range: > OR = 40 mg/dL

No Historical Data

TRIGLYCERIDES

Reference Range: <150 mg/dL

No Historical Data

LDL-CHOLESTEROL

mg/dL (calc)

No Historical Data

CHOL/HDLC RATIO

Reference Range: <5.0 (calc)

No Historical Data

NON HDL CHOLESTEROL

Reference Range: <130 mg/dL (calc)

Those levels look really good for over 40. Id say at over 500 total test you probably should wait on trt

My free is at the very low of the bottom end and I read thats more important than total, also is there anything I can take supplement wise to lower my estradiol? I already exercise and diet is spot on.

You try supplementing boron and Dim

Your estrogen is high, which is a bit odd. Not entirely sure what the right course would be here so no advice on that front.

TT is fine, FT is clinically ‘fine’ (as in no endo or regular provider would treat you with these numbers).

If you’re trying to stay away from TRT, wait until you’re done cutting and reassess. If you’re looking for an excuse to get on TRT, then you’ve already made up your mind and don’t need our opinions to help you make it.
^its not entirely unwarranted to get on TRT with your levels, just don’t tell yourself it’s for “health” =)

Well done on your dieting.

I’m not really cutting to be honest, I am planning on running the old get shredded diet from back in the day on here, but not yet, my strength and physique have tremendously improved in the last few months, thank god for muscle memory. I just dont understand where the mood swings, a little to emotional at times, trouble sleeping, lack of real libido is coming from… unless its the high estrogen causing all this.

LOL got ya I know, I did run a sustanon cycle 15 years ago on here, but not looking to do anything of the sort this time, I need something healthy long term…

1 Like

@150mgaweek recommended boron to lower SHBG. It works for some, not a great solution but may be worth a try. There’s.not much out there otherwise. DIM will lower estrogens. It’s made from cruciferous vegetables. Just don’t overdo it.

Sounds like this to me. Look you don’t need anybody’s approval if it’s what you want. Based on your FT and E2 issues you can be prescribed by almost any clinic. Based on your labs you may be one of those guys needing an AI on TRT.

1 Like

Does DIM increase free test? I read it does, but not sure if that’s just the markteing aspect of it. I was going to do 300mg every other day.

Yes but I don’t think to a high degree. I don’t remember the dosage for DIM but a quick google search should work for you. I would start lower mid range and adjust from there.