Bloodwork Done...

Anybody want to buy a jug?

My blood is fast clotting apparently, and apparently this is bad. So I have ordered 360 72mg Asprins :wink: A one year supply for £8.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

[quote]buddaboy wrote:
My blood is fast clotting apparently, and apparently this is bad. So I have ordered 360 72mg Asprins :wink: A one year supply for �?�£8.[/quote]

I had a rethink on that.

The blood receptical has a very large surface exposed to the atmosphere, so it will clot much quicker than if the blood was drained into a 500ml bottle for example.

BBB[/quote]

OK thanks for the advice, I’ll save the aspirin for when I’ve got a headache :wink:

[quote]buddaboy wrote:
My blood is fast clotting apparently, and apparently this is bad. So I have ordered 360 72mg Asprins :wink: A one year supply for �£8.[/quote]

This reminds me of the old Monty Python episode on Bloodletting…the one set in the
middle ages…what a hoot.

[quote]txhawkeyes wrote:

[quote]buddaboy wrote:
My blood is fast clotting apparently, and apparently this is bad. So I have ordered 360 72mg Asprins :wink: A one year supply for �?�£8.[/quote]

This reminds me of the old Monty Python episode on Bloodletting…the one set in the
middle ages…what a hoot.[/quote]

I could never get into Monty Python, but I’m glad everyone can have a laugh at the expense of my blood work!

I took a high potency B complex today, 500iu of D3 and a high potency niacin with my breakfast.

About an hour later I started to get itchy and my skin was all red and very sensitive, it went after about an hour or so. I checked the label on the b complex and it already has 100mg of niacin in it, and the separate niacin has 500mg, is this too much? I’m keen to keep taking these supplements as they’ve been recommended to me to correct my blood levels, though these side effects must be indicative that I did something wrong?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
D3 should be 5000iu IMO.

BBB[/quote]

Sorry, typo, I meant 500iu as per yours and KSmans recommendations.

Shall I just persevere with the Niacin if the skin irritation is not uncommon?

[quote]buddaboy wrote:

[quote]txhawkeyes wrote:

[quote]buddaboy wrote:
My blood is fast clotting apparently, and apparently this is bad. So I have ordered 360 72mg Asprins :wink: A one year supply for �??�?�£8.[/quote]

middle ages…what a hoot.[/quote]

I could never get into Monty Python, but I’m glad everyone can have a laugh at the expense of my blood work![/quote]

You liking Monty Python, is probably about like me watching a show about small town Iowa people. I get it, not that funny if you live there!!!

My Dad takes Niacin for something…and he gets flush everytime he takes it. I think you pee off what the body doesn’t use…but BBB is probably more up on it.

I can’t say I’ve ever had that reaction to Niacin. BUT I take it at night before bed, so its possible I just don’t notice it since I’m sleeping.

You may move it to pre-bed and see if that helps at all. Probably leave the B-complex in the morning to separate the doses of Niacin a bit.

I don’t think 600 will be bad if 500 is ok. It’s not a very huge increase. Most B-Complexes that I’ve seen have far less Niacin in them, so I was surprised to see yours have that much!

^ I delierately purchased a high quality one. Thanks, I’ll try that.

Right, had new blood work done on Monday (16.01.2012)

Things are still not quite right yet but moving in the right direction.

Old blood work results taken 01.12.2011 (whilst these were taken a chest virus was emerging, I wasn’t instructed to fast for 12 hours prior and I was on 600mg test a week and 400mg deca, plus I was eating a shit ton of red meat and pretty much anything I could get my hands on).

Since I got these back I have been on 200-300mg test a week (although there may be a little deca floating around still); virtually cut out all red meat; had a blood draw; fasted prior to the tests; the virus has cleared up and I have been taking a high potency, quality b complex and 5000iu of D3 a day plus a good quality one a day multi when I remember too, which is most days. Things I haven’t done: increased CV or reduced carbs by any significant amount.

No baseline to work from apart from ‘old’ (01.12.2011) results I’m afraid.

haematocrit:
old: 0.528 ratio high
new: 0.485 Range 4.0-5.0

Haemaglobin estimation old:
17.8 g/dL high
new: 16.7 g/dL range 13.5-17.5

red blood cell (RBC) count
old: 6.07/L high
new: 5.54
range 4.5-5.5

serum potassium: old
5.4 mmol/L high
new 5.4 mmol/L high
range 3.5 - 5.3

serum HDL cholesterol level:
old 0.89 mmol/L low
new: 1.0 mmol/L low
range 1.1 - 2.2

My total cholesterol HDL ratio has dropped from (a whopping) 6.18 down to (range 0. - 6.0); serum LDL has dropped from 3.36 mmol/L to 3.0 mmol/L (0. - 4.0); serum triglycerides 2.76 mmol/L to 1.1 mmol/L (range 0.2 - 1.7); serum cholesterol 5.5 mmol/L down to 4.5 mmol (0. - 5.2).

So there have been some very significant improvements and some slightly slower improvements bringing me jut outside of safe range. I will continue to do what I have been doing and hope the improvements continue; I obviously want to be closer to the lower ends of safe range.

Questions: Is my liver still stressed?
Apart from the B-complex (containing 100mg Niacin) and d3 (5000iu a day) will CV improve my numbers?
Is there anything else I can do to improve things-diet and or CV?

Thanks to VT, BBB and KSman for their advice which resulted in these improvements.

Doing some cardiovascular activity will almost certainly help your cholesterol values. I am adding a couple days a week of aerobic activity for just this purpose. It can’t hurt.

One thing I’ve seen recently suggested for improving those markers is red wine vinegar. Wendler used it to bring his blood pressure down something like 20-30 points, and I have read that it can help CHOL as well. It tastes like shit, but dilluting it with water and knocking it back helps. 2 tablespoons/day is about right.

Overall, your values are much improved and personally I wouldn’t sweat something that is “just outside” of the range. I think the CHOL values, at least in America, are heavily influenced by the statin companies and Big Pharama anyway, so I don’t put a lot of stock in these tainted ranges.

Thanks VT, I’ll get some of that red wine vinegar and keep up with the B-complex and D3. I should really be doing the CV anyways, and hopefully the improvements will continue slightly then settle well inside the normal ranges. According to half lives the deca still floating around in me won’t be helping so once that eventually clears out there should be another little improvement since that is supposed to fuck up blood numbers, too.

Next steps: 1) add CV 2) add red wine vinegar 3) reduce refined carbs (should be doing 1 &2 anyway but since I have been eating a lot lately without getting fat and gaining I haven’t bothered).

Rather than straight drinking the red wine vinegar, you can use it to make your own salad dressing. I use it for that purpose. Never knew it had anybenefit just liked it on my salad

Guys my bad, its actually Apple Cider Vinegar. I need to get my eyes checked.

yes you can make salads with it, but once you get used to chugging it, its not that bad.

I like apple cider! I’ll order some, thanks VT.

Ryan, thanks I’ll start throwing it on salads, which I intend to eat more of LOL.