Bloodwork Done After Cycle?

I am going to be doing my first cycle in December, it’s going to be 500 mg a week for 10 weeks of Testosterone Enathate, going to be running Arimidex throughout the cycle and will be using Nolva for my PCT. Do you guys think I should get bloodwork done after my cycle to make sure my levels are back to normal? I have talked to some people and they said that with that small of an amount, I probably shouldn’t have to. I am just wondering your guys’ thoughts and opinions. Thank you.

If you can afford the test, there is no reason not to.

I was thinking that, but, what do I say to my doctor? If I tell him what’s up, he will tell the insurance company, and they will throw it out. Any ideas of what to tell him so the insurance will cover it?

privatemdlabs

[quote]anchor7 wrote:
Any ideas of what to tell him so the insurance will cover it?[/quote]

That’s easy. You’ve been feeling lethargic for quite some time, and your libido is lower than it’s been in years. Just don’t overdo it.

That takes care of tests for hormone levels.

Just come straight out and ask for a lipid / enzyme panel; that should be done somewhat regularly anyway. It’s a basic, cheap test so there generally isn’t an issue with insurance costs.

[quote]whotookmyname wrote:
anchor7 wrote:
Any ideas of what to tell him so the insurance will cover it?

That’s easy. You’ve been feeling lethargic for quite some time, and your libido is lower than it’s been in years. Just don’t overdo it.

That takes care of tests for hormone levels.

Just come straight out and ask for a lipid / enzyme panel; that should be done somewhat regularly anyway. It’s a basic, cheap test so there generally isn’t an issue with insurance costs.[/quote]

x2.

If you don’t want to ask your doctor, or if he turns you down, privatemdlabs is the place to go.

I’d wait a few months after PCT before getting bloodwork done but that’s just me. Reason is I would want to make sure I had recovered before running another cycle. Therefore, I would probably want to schedule the blood test around the time I would think that I would be recovered and use it as confirmation, that way I could go into my next cycle confident that it wasn’t too early.

Optimally, you would get a test before the cycle as well. This way you have values to compare to as “normal” ranges are fairly broad and almost arbitrary considering how much each individual’s levels can vary. Another plus is you would have an idea of how long you personally take to recover since everyone is different.

You didn’t mention it, but are you running hCG on cycle? I recommend you do as it will help you maintain testicular mass which would definitely speed up recovery. That’s what I did on my cycle, and it seemed to work great. I felt I recovered fast, although, I have nothing to compare it to considering it was my first cycle. I do know that my balls retained normal size the entire 10 weeks.

Also, just wondering here, I know everyone’s body is different, but what are the chances that one’s testosterone levels will be low after the cycle even if they run the proper PCT and AI?

[quote]anchor7 wrote:
Also, just wondering here, I know everyone’s body is different, but what are the chances that one’s testosterone levels will be low after the cycle even if they run the proper PCT and AI?[/quote]

This is exactly why you should run the tests if you have the money, to gauge the effectiveness of your PCT. It would be ideal to know where you are at before going on anything so you can get a real answer as to how well you have recovered.