Bloodwork After 2 Months on New Protocol. Advice on Where to Go from Here?

I was previously administering 50 mg Test cyp every 3.5 days and here were my last blood results:

Total T: 1316 ng/dl (264-916)

Free T: 28.3 ng/dl (9.3-26.5)

Estradiol (sensitive): 40.1 pg/ml (8.0-35.0)

SHBG: 45.2 nmol/l (16.5-55.9)

IGF1: 252 ng/mL (101-307)

I wanted to lower my E2 a few points without taking an AI so I tried dropping the dose to 80 mg a week and felt worse. I then decided to try the same dose but split into EOD.

so for 2 months I have been administering 30 mg test cyp EOD and just got my bloodwork back:

Total T:

907 ng/dl (250-1100)

Free T:

167.0 pg/ml (35.0-155.0)

Estradiol (Ultrasensitive): 45 pg/ml (< OR = 29 pg/mL)

SHBG: 29.2 nmol/l (10-50)

My SHBG and Total Test went down, which im very happy about since eIve always had sky high SHBG and it wouldn’t lower much on twice a week dosing.

But my E2 went up. I was under the impression that it would lower?

Im considering dropping. my dose to 20 mg a week but am worried that my total test will drop too low. any advice on where to tweak my 30mg EOD test cyp protocol from here?

What are the issues you’re having related to your e2?

back acne sprung up, bloated (slightly). fatigue.

When I was taking AI I felt amazing, but dont felt like its something I want to chance taking for life.

Acne has more to do with hormone fluctuation than higher e2. Also, yours isn’t high, so that’s probably worth noting. Bloating is going to be controlled almost entirely by diet and fluid intake. Fatigue can be from a lot of different things. Based on what you’re saying and your lab work it would seem that your first listed protocol was better for you.

2 Likes

To add, what time frames are we talking here? how long on your first dose, how long on your second dose?

Why change anything then? Didn’t look like you over did it with the AI

Your E2 was too low originally on the first protocol.

You think? Where do you suggest it be at? I was under the impression that 25-35 was ideal

That range is not for us on Trt. That’s for normies with natural test. E2 must stay in a proper ratio as your test goes up. Think of ratios 14:1 - 20:1. For 1300 test I’m assuming a good E2 would be 65-90. Crazy sounding I know. But so is 1300 test and now one bats an eye lol. I run 75 E2 most times no issue.

1 Like

How much shbg and tt do you had before trt ?

There is no ‘ideal’ outside of your own body. One guy would feel good at 25 and I would feel like death. Your goal is to find your ideal range, not some arbitrary number on the page. That requires some trial and error, unfortunately.

After 2 months you’re still in flux. Stick with the original protocol as your body prepares itself for the changes that will be occurring over the next 2 years or so… making moves like these is what cause dialing in delays.

original protocol? the twice weekly?

Yeah, its what was working. Lowering your E might just happen on its own. Or it will remain as is.

before TRT my shbg was in the 80s n/mol/ yeah you read that right. My Total T was inflated to 500 ng/dl but free T tanked to 8 pg/ml and E2 would teeter between single and double digits.

Before trt do you had sexual issues Like low libido, weak wood?

yep. and severe depression, ruminations, chronic dry skin, headaches, low energy

I had been taking 50 mg of test cyp every 3.5 days for a while. (4 months or so) I felt great in terms of energy, sense of well being. But I did have sides : Back acne, erectile dysfunction, and this weird mental fog. I couldn’t sit still, or read for the life of me. I just got really irritable and flustered.

Other than that my sense of well being and energy were great.

Here was my bloodwork:

Total T: 1316 ng/dl (264-916)
Free T: 28.3 ng/dl (9.3-26.5)
Estradiol (sensitive): 40.1 pg/ml (8.0-35.0)
SHBG: 45.2 nmol/l (16.5-55.9)
IGF1: 252 ng/mL (101-307)

Looked pretty good but wasn’t are why I was having these sides so I decided to Try an EOD Protocol to see if I felt any better.

I started taking 25 mg EOD and after 3 months here was my bloodwork

Total T:
907 ng/dl (250-1100)
Free T: 167.0 pg/ml (35.0-155.0)
Estradiol (Ultrasensitive): 45 pg/ml (< OR = 29 pg/mL)
SHBG: 29.2 nmol/l (10-50)

Now my erection quality is up and my mental clarity is great. I have a tech job that requires a lot of analytical thinking and problem-solving. I can honestly say I’ve never performed this well at work in my life.

However Im often tired mid-day and just feel flat. I dont feel depressed, and I dont feel Happy. Just neutral. And Im missing the sense of well0being that I had twice a week, but I know that brain fog I was experiencing

Any suggestions on where I should go from here?

Trt doesn’t solve all issues. Most people are tied mid day including those in trt. The feeling of being on test goes away (I think it is just getting used to it).

Have you noticed any difference in water retention especially in the belly what we call bloat sometimes?