T Nation

Bloodtype and Diet

During some labwork, I tested my bloodtype today. I have A +.

According to the bloodtype diet, which seems sensible enough I have:

'Low levels of hydrochloric acid in the stomach and high intestinal disaccharide digestive enzyme levels permit the more efficient digestion of carbohydrates. According to Dr. D'Adamo, these are also the very factors, along with low levels of intestinal alkaline phosphatase, that make it difficult for Type As to digest and metabolize animal protein and fat.'

Now I'm on the Anabolic Diet, and have been for the past three years. It seems that's far from what I should be doing according to this. I feel fine though, have adequate energy, and most of my food is some form of meat, fish, fowl, a little red meat now and then and eggs.

I really want to give this a go and eat more carbs, less meat and rely on fish, eggs, milk and whey, but having been fat, and having a bit too much BF I fear the carbs.

Anyone have experience with the bloodtype diet/ got anything to share about when they made the transition from eating x to eating y?

I have the same blood type, and have definitely noticed that I have a little harder time digesting 175+ grams of protein, and no problems digesting carbs. In order to more effectively digest protein I have started taking a complete enzyme. Overall though, as someone with the same blood type, I would say that the Dr’s claims seem pretty spot on.

I only heard of the cliffs notes version of the bloodtype diet, but it just sounds like complete BS.

However, I, coincidentally, have blood type A+, and I digest carbs very easily, and digesting a mess of protein keeps my stomach work for a long time…

But I’d still just say to try things, and stick with what works for you. A more sensible “reduce calories and eat enough protein” still works great for almost everybody.

Hi Guys,

I know many are sceptical about biosignature modulation, but it works, from my and many others experience.

I recommend at least getting your first assement done to see which hormones, if any are out of balance. For eg, your subscap fold dictates your body’s genetic ability to process carbs well/insulin sensitivity - the higher to worse, but it can be fixed typically on low carbs along with other supps if required.

Who knows, you could handle carbs well, an not know it and it will be as simple as setting up your carb timing, around training etc.

Just a thought,

GJ