T Nation

Blood Work

again i went to my sports clinic doctor and told him i would be starting a cycle shortly and wanted to know where my pre-cycle levels were including hdl liver test etc. he told me no, if he let me know my test levels it would be like him giving me a thumbs up to run a cycle which he was strongly against (suprise). i switched to this guy because the last guy told me no on a blood test until i was 35. so anywho, he agreed to test everything else except the test. on my way to the test clinic, i noticed you could just check off test level as an option in the test panels. so i grabbed a black ink pen to match the doctors office and checked that shit off as i approached the clerk. it’s been two days now and i havent heard back, how long does this usually take? and can they do anything to me for changing the paperwork? i wonder if he will even notice the difference.

Not sure if you’ll get in trouble but depending what test you needed to do there are websites where you can put in your own orders. The only down side is that insurance usually won’t cover them. However they are usually far cheaper.

My experience 3-4 days

What can they do?? Charge you more.

well the doctor will probably get the results and report them to you, since he is so against it he may just choose not to report the test level readings.
You can get reports sent direct to you with no doctor intervention by using
www.health-tests-direct.com ; they are cheaper and the results are emailed direct to you.

[quote]morepain wrote:
well the doctor will probably get the results and report them to you, since he is so against it he may just choose not to report the test level readings.
You can get reports sent direct to you with no doctor intervention by using
www.health-tests-direct.com ; they are cheaper and the results are emailed direct to you.[/quote]

That is who I used. Ordered test online. Walked into clinic on a Fri. w/ paperwork (no appt. needed), got blood drawn. Results emailed to me on Mon. Total cake.

[quote]sam747 wrote:
morepain wrote:
well the doctor will probably get the results and report them to you, since he is so against it he may just choose not to report the test level readings.
You can get reports sent direct to you with no doctor intervention by using
www.health-tests-direct.com ; they are cheaper and the results are emailed direct to you.

That is who I used. Ordered test online. Walked into clinic on a Fri. w/ paperwork (no appt. needed), got blood drawn. Results emailed to me on Mon. Total cake.
[/quote]

yep, they kick ass

[quote]morepain wrote:
sam747 wrote:
morepain wrote:
well the doctor will probably get the results and report them to you, since he is so against it he may just choose not to report the test level readings.
You can get reports sent direct to you with no doctor intervention by using
www.health-tests-direct.com ; they are cheaper and the results are emailed direct to you.

That is who I used. Ordered test online. Walked into clinic on a Fri. w/ paperwork (no appt. needed), got blood drawn. Results emailed to me on Mon. Total cake.

yep, they kick ass

[/quote]

…and thanks for the heads up on that site, bro.

[quote]sam747 wrote:
morepain wrote:
sam747 wrote:
morepain wrote:
well the doctor will probably get the results and report them to you, since he is so against it he may just choose not to report the test level readings.
You can get reports sent direct to you with no doctor intervention by using
www.health-tests-direct.com ; they are cheaper and the results are emailed direct to you.

That is who I used. Ordered test online. Walked into clinic on a Fri. w/ paperwork (no appt. needed), got blood drawn. Results emailed to me on Mon. Total cake.

yep, they kick ass

…and thanks for the heads up on that site, bro.

[/quote]

BUMP*

no word as of yet, but if it turns out he wont tell me you know where i’ll be.

well they called today, and “everything looks normal”. nothing about altering the test or anything, i told them to mail the results to me. it’s funny, the clinic for the online place is the same one i went to for my doctor. at least i know where it’s at.

Have others had this experience where there doctor will refuse to provide test baseline levels after being told that steroid use is emminent? I never really thought a doctor would refuse the test if you told them your intentions to use…I can see them laying out the negatives of running a cycle and trying to dissuade you this way, but refusing a test?

Has anyone else had the experience after they have been honest with their doctor?

[quote]Jimfound wrote:
Have others had this experience where there doctor will refuse to provide test baseline levels after being told that steroid use is emminent? I never really thought a doctor would refuse the test if you told them your intentions to use…I can see them laying out the negatives of running a cycle and trying to dissuade you this way, but refusing a test?

Has anyone else had the experience after they have been honest with their doctor?[/quote]

it happened with me with two seperate doctors, in the same complex, but seperate doctros none the less.