Blood Work results (FSH and LH)

Hey guys

I had some labs done and found that:

Total Testosterone was low (close too 400) and so were FSH and LH as well. The problem is, I was up all night before taking the blood test and I was really tired when I got there and I had some junk food on the ride there. Found out that eating and sleeping is will effect the results of the test. Question is - does it make that much of a difference? Does it effect LH and FSH alot?

Will post results in a bit

Thanks!

Please do not create multiple threads for your case. Keep everything in one thread.

Read the ‘advice for new guys’ sticky and come back with detailed data about you. We can’t really do anything useful for you without more info.

-height: 5’4
-waist: 32
-weight: 135
-describe body and facial hair: facial hair is light and patchy, not thick or coarse at all.
-describe where you carry fat and how changed: Pretty much even everwhere except the love handles and thighs
-health conditions, symptoms [history]: asthma, been hospitalized multiple times
-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever: : Ive used prednisone a few times in the past for asthma (liquid/pills) and have used antiobiotics of course a few times

Describe diet [some create substantial damage with starvation diets]: I used to diet sometimes in the past, sometimes eating very little. I also went through some severe SSRI-Induced (as in the SSRI turned my stress into horrible depression) and I basically didnt care about eating. I went from eating a lot to not wanting to eat at all. This happened 1 1/2 years ago and I eat normal now though I do find myself not eating for almost the whole day sometimes because of my poor appetite. My diet consists of lots of good proteins, carbs, and fats.

-describe training [some ruin there hormones by over training]: I train a few times a week, in no way am I overtraining. Pull ups, push ups, squats, barbell curls and bench presses
-testes ache, ever, with a fever?:

Nope

-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed:

To be honest I never really had morning wood in the past much, since I used to always just"relieve" myself the night before. But I would guess if I didn’t do that I’d have them very often compared to now (once or twice a week sometimes none)

Lab results with ranges:

Total Testosterone:
Ref Range [175-781] - 373

FSH
[Ref range 1.4-14.81] - 2.2

LH
Ref Range [1.5-9.3] - 4.4

Prolactin

[>25.0] 15.8

SHBG

[Ref range 13.3-89.5] 40.1

Please review the prolactin range. units?

E2 labs would be useful. We are looking for something that might be inhibiting your HPTA.

Sounds like your T has always been on the lower side.

Note stress and adrenal fatigue issues in that sticky, may be a factor for you.

Please report your iodine intake and body temps, also see “thyroid basics”

SSRI’s can be a big problem, perhaps we will find cause behind all of this.

Hi

I have receieved copies of my old blood tests, they are about 7 months old but here they are:

TSH: 1.141 uIU/mL (ref 0.200-4.780)

FT4: 1.2 ng/dL ref range (0.8- 1.8)

hematocrit 48.0 %

RBC 5.90 (High)

I will report back with new tests, preferably having not stayed up all night and eating before getting to the lab this time.
Also, one of my older bloodworks (few months before this one) reported my Vitamin D to jump all the way up to 34 from 14 (due to vitamin D supplement regimen prescribed).

The prolactin units were measured in 15.9 ng/ML. I also use iodized salt and the food I eat is prepared with iodized salt. Not heavy amounts mind you but normal. Say a plate of rice and chicken for lunch (prepared with salt) and scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Have you noted all of the issues in my 2/14 post here?