T Nation

Blood Work Questions

I am about 8 weeks into my TRT treatment. I am 5’9" and about 192lbs. Below are my initial labs from before I started. First I wanted to see what anyone thought of my labs and if they looked ok? After these labs came back they placed me one 1ml of 200 mg Test cyp infused w/anastrozole once a week. They also placed me on 50 units of HCG twice a week. I just went back after 8 weeks for my follow up blood work as I was not seeing any huge differences. I will post them hopefully by tomorrow.

Please let me know what you think.

Test = 228
Estradiol = 7.1
TSH= 1.910
LH = 5.4

Anything I am missing that would help?

Thank you for the feedback!

Summary…your T is way too low and your E2 is way too low, your TSH should be closer to 1. You probably felt like shit. You need to pin 2x/week if possible. You should feel like a new man in a few weeks.

We need reference ranges for the labs.

200mg/week is a very high dose.

Please read the stickies

100 iu of hcg a week is a pretty low dose as well. Whats your anastrozole dosage? Print the stickies and read them, several times.

Anastrole I get once a week and it is infused in the test.

Low T and LH=5.4 suggests primary hypogonadism. FSH should have also been tested, but too late now except one time to rule out testicular cancer.

Prolactin needs to be tested a possible cause which would if high, indicate a prolactin secreting pituitary adinoma [easily managed]. There is risk of damage to optic nerves if that is allowed to advance, so this screening is prudent and necessary.

200mg T per week is stupid, but seems to be fashion lately. T–>E2 will cause a lot of problems and blood count can be messed up seriously. That is somewhat age dependent and you have kept that a secret.

hCG should be 250iu SC EOD

TSH=1.91 is seriously a problem, normal lab results are not the issue.
If you are lucky, you have not been using iodized salt and that can be easily fixed.
Please see the last paragraph in this post.
We see so many thyroid issues with low T it is tempting to reach for cause and effect.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

1mg a week.

and sorry I am 43.

I get 1 ml a week of test cyp. One shot per week. and two shots of HCG 50 units each per week. Strength of test is 200mg. 1mg of anastrozole per week.

Any possibility of getting that split into 2 shots/week? Its way better for you and will eliminate any peaks and valleys of Test levels. Also, Adex dose is approx 1mg/100mg of Test/week. So you’re at about 1/2 dose of Adex.

Ok my second set of labs came in and this is where I am at. What do you all think?

Testosterone >1500
Estradiol 9.9

I would say that as KSMan would say, you seem to be an over-responder to Arimidex. Looks like your E2 is crashed.

You inject 200mg T per week.
You take 1mg anastrozole per week.

E2=9.9 and anastrozole is in the test.

You need to get straight T anastrozole separately.

Self inject 50 mg T twice a week with #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringe [100mg per week]
Take 1/8 mg anastrozole at time of injections [1/4mg per week]
400iu hCG SC [not IM] at time of injections [might measure 40iu on insulin syringe.

Always report dose by iu’s or mg’s - not volumes

Your T dose was too high.

Dissolve anastrozole in vodka 1mg/ml and dispense by the drop or by volume

T is slow to load in insulin syringes but injection time is decent but not fast. Inject into skin over top of leg, avoid veins. Pinch up skin and inject into end of fold, needle parallel to muscles.

Ok I just received my latest Lab results and it is as follows: Please keep in mind I am 44 yrs old and about 190 lbs. 5’ 9.5"

Red BLood Cell 5.98
Hemoglobin 17.9
Hematocrit 54.3
Estradiol 49
PSA 1.3
Test 1569
Free Test 508.4

Not sure what else I should post.

I take HCG twice a week. Sunday and Wed (5cc’s / 100 mg)
I take Test Cyp once a week on Sunday (1 ml of 200 mg) same day first HCG shoot) with .5mg of anastrozole already mised in it.

Look at KSMans last post… follow what he’s suggesting. I’d also go give blood to get your Hematocrit levels back in range. Your blood is getting very thick from having that high of testosterone.

You’re missing SHBG, it’s important and will determine how often you require injections. High SHBG means you can get away with once weekly injections, mid to low SHBG means twice weekly or more injections. Any doctor who fails to run SHBG is a failure. AI’s mixed in with test is stupid because if AI is too much or too little there’s nothing you can do to adjust dosage, in the beginning your E2 was too low and now it’s too high. E2 is too high, get it under 30.