What Rx and OTC drugs.
For headaches or joint/muscle pains I usually take:
Advil, Tylenol, Aspirin, Analgin (metamizole sodium)
Not too often but I have also taken:
Antibiotics (amoxycillin, azithromycin)
Biotest's Curcumin, Biotest's Power Drive, Multivitamin/Multimineral supplement, Biotest's Mineral Support, GLC 2000 (glucosamine), Ashwagandha, Fish oil, Vit-C, Vit-D3, Lecithine
Occasionally (usually if I am going to have an exam or very intensive traning):
Vinpocetine, DMAE, Biotest's Alpha GPC
I have also taken Boitest's HOT-ROX but not currently.
- Yes, I use iodized salt.
Iodine in your supplements.
- The multivitamin/multimineral supplement has 150 mcg iodine. Is that enough or I need more?
Major problem with thyroid levels. Need to know if might be in part from an iodine deficiency.
- Do I need a test for iodine levels?
Increase HDL with fish oil, high potency B-complex multi-vit - should have iodine too.
- I will get more fish oil since I know I don't take enough. I will get a high potency B-complex too. So it should have iodine in it?
Take 4000-5000iu vit-D3 in oil based capsules.
- I already take 5000-10000iu of these.
Do labs after taking above for a while... no rush.
Check out lab work at lef.com - products|blood testing. Should be on-sale April-May.
For your FT level, your E2=32.6 still makes you estrogen dominant.
- My E2 levels are 23.6, not 32.6 but I think you just misquote it. What should I do about it? Should I consider any Anti-Estrogen?
You need LH and FSH to know what is going on. Must do before TRT is started.
- I will check these too.
DHEA is low for your age, pregnenolone is probably low too, which is sort of expected if LH/FSH are low. You can try 25mg/day then adjust later after next labs.
- Should I take a DHEA supplement too or just prognenolone? So I should check prognenolone levels too next time?
How long ago did all of this start?
- I would say that about a year ago I started to feel low on energy and motivation. Started to feel depressed more often. I haven't experienced any loss of erections but I just get horny less often now and not enjoy sex as I used to. Also I noticed that it was really hard for me to lose any body fat no matter how strict my diet and training were. I don't know if that matters too but I started to get more pain in my joints and got injured more frequently.
Any reduction in width of peripheral vision?
- Occasionally smaller but not softer.
Testes hanging normal or pulled up?
- Most of the time hanging normal but sometimes pulled up.
Lost some hair on lower legs?
- I haven't noticed any loss of hair on my legs.
Hair thinning all over scalp?
- The skin on my face and hands has always been dry but I haven't noticed it getting dryer.
Check your temperature when you wake then later during the day a few times, make notes and report back here after a few days. This is quite definitive for a functional state of hypothyroidism.
- Okay, I will report that after a few days.
Note that hypothyroidism and hypogonadism have may symptoms in common. Having both is a double hit.
Please do not skip any of the above.