T Nation

Blood Work, $10,000 Prize Money

Cortisol can be used short term to give the adrenals a rest to help them recover. May not need to be a replacement dose.

[quote]hakrjak wrote:
Having pain in your balls seems pretty normal when you’re on TRT. I haven’t had it since I switched to Androgel, but when I was getting shots bi-weekly – My balls hurt like hell too. The doc explained that it’s a feedback system that basically picks up on having so much T in your body, and results with throbbing of the old nutsack.
[/quote]

Sure there was some pain when going off TRT. But I haven’t been on TRT in years. I think I have a spermatocele on the left testicle. Could be a tumor, cancer, who knows… but it often hurts like heck.

KSMAN: thanks, I guess my concerns have been more about pharmacological doses.

[quote]mrlowt wrote:

[quote]hakrjak wrote:
Having pain in your balls seems pretty normal when you’re on TRT. I haven’t had it since I switched to Androgel, but when I was getting shots bi-weekly – My balls hurt like hell too. The doc explained that it’s a feedback system that basically picks up on having so much T in your body, and results with throbbing of the old nutsack.
[/quote]

Sure there was some pain when going off TRT. But I haven’t been on TRT in years. I think I have a spermatocele on the left testicle. Could be a tumor, cancer, who knows… but it often hurts like heck.

KSMAN: thanks, I guess my concerns have been more about pharmacological doses.[/quote]

Ah ok, I missed that you had been off of TRT for that long. I also get that same throbbing feeling when I’ve had too much sex sometimes it seems like. It’s happened throughout my life here and there, and usually has been a sign to give it a rest. I had an extremely high sex drive previous to my loss of libido and TRT though. One time it lasted for about a month. Who knows, maybe there is some connection to our balls hurting and low T? :slight_smile: I’ve been tested for everything though, and no big Casino here!

Cheers,

  • Hakrjak

[quote]hakrjak wrote:
Ah ok, I missed that you had been off of TRT for that long. I also get that same throbbing feeling when I’ve had too much sex sometimes it seems like. It’s happened throughout my life here and there, and usually has been a sign to give it a rest. I had an extremely high sex drive previous to my loss of libido and TRT though. One time it lasted for about a month. Who knows, maybe there is some connection to our balls hurting and low T? :slight_smile: I’ve been tested for everything though, and no big Casino here!

Cheers,

  • Hakrjak[/quote]

I can honestly report that sex is not the cause of the pain. Low libido + beta blockers. I couldn’t get it up even if a bus load of stripper women arrived at my birthday party :frowning:

FYI Hans and my doctor are going to try to fix me up. I will be starting a new thread or a blog about the progress we make THANK GOD!

Please keep us informed! I’m sure if you find positive results, you’ll give encouragement to a lot of us that are out there struggling.

Cheers,

  • Hakrjak

[quote]hakrjak wrote:
Please keep us informed! I’m sure if you find positive results, you’ll give encouragement to a lot of us that are out there struggling.

Cheers,

  • Hakrjak[/quote]

Yes I am going to put my heart and soul into their case. Since our first conversation we have already started to put the pieces of the puzzle together where the mayoclinic, and other top specialist tend to over look the most simple and obvioud fact. I will have to pull out all the stops unlike ever before. In the past I was able to help people that have gone to top HRT dr’s and clinics because the cause of the problem was not hormones, but something else much deeper at the root. Functional medicine is going to be the wave of the future and its people like my self to educate dr to look at root causes. If more dr’s got on board it would reduce health costs dramatically, but sometimes I think its a conspiracy to keep us sick so we are at mercy of the health care system and the Big pharma. Example a guy that has blood sugar issues due to HRT. If they go on to become diabetic the medical cost would be outrageous when dr’s identify root cause it could have been prevented in the first place. If some one want to do a research project …Find out what an average dibaetic type 2 health costs are per year then multiply it by 30-40 …

New labs just came in:

DHT 24 (30-85) LOW -10%
Testosterone 272 (249-836) 3%
Estradiol 24.1 (7.6 to 42.6) 47% (strange because estrone is highish. Both andro and estrone use 17B-HSO to convert to test and E2. hmm.)
Lyme IgG/IgM Ab NEGATIVE

This reallly sucks because I am nearly bald NOW. Just to think what will happen when I get DHT into normal range.

Just an update. I learned that I have not only Hashimoto’s thyroid disease (that causes hypOthyroidism), I also have Graves disease, which causes hypERthyroidism. Found this out after going to the ER with high bp and heart rate a couple weeks ago. They found that my T3 was way over the top (T3 thyrotoxosis). Had a test done for Graves antibodies the next day (TSI) which was positive. I also have thyroid nodules, so I might have had one of those “toxic multinodular goiter” attacks.

Whatever the case may be, this is the type of “attack” that I had when I had a T injection in 2007 and it’s the same type of attack that put me in the ER so many times before. I’d like to have a thyroidectomy because I’m tired of swinging from hyper to hypo every single day. But as Shawn pointed out, it’s going to be difficult finding a doctor to do that with my TSI at just 25 (show’s positive for Graves but also means it should not be causing hyper symptoms). My elevated T3 only occurs during these attacks apparently, and so far I have one result to show a doc.

If anyone knows of a GOOD Graves disease doc in AZ or CA, please let me know. I’m tired of all these diabetes-only endos.

[just an update. I saw a good endo in town and he ran the Grave’s antibody test again with a different lab. Negative this time. However it was sure high the last time and my T3 was high. So I suspect that something is going on but nonetheless, I don’t have a Grave’s diagnosis.]

The part that suchs is that you can not use tapazol in your case since it is not strictly graves. I had a guy that endos wanted to rip his thyroid out due to high ft4 ,t3, low tsh (no thyroid medication). I suggested he get a second opinon. The dr started him on tapazol and his tsh started to rise from suppressed to up to 32 in 8 weeks, but he was feeling better. The dr started tapering meds and got his tsh down, but then never told him what to do next. The patient was left hanging with the idea he be on medicine for rest of his life. He called his dr and no response for some time. So we just started to taper on our own, checking up on labs every 4-5 weeks. Now being off of meds over a 6 months his thyroid was reset functioning normally with out any medical intervention. the monkey wrench we have here is that you can back back and forth at drop of a dime any time. So not only do you have thyroid imbalance, but its also mimicing addision at certain times as well. I have a few of top researchers i contacted which I am just waiting to hear back from them.

If I can’t do a block & replace, then I might as well have the thyroidectomy… in my garage, with my shop tools :wink:

Seriously though, I hope one of your researchers can tell us what to do.

BTW new test results today: 24 hr GH is just 1.1 (ref range 0.2 to 14.8). Goes nicely with my low T, huh!

I can thank my dad and my grandma for Graves antibodies (sister also has Graves). Not sure who to thank for the Hashimoto’s antibodies… but I guess they all go hand in hand.

[quote]mrlowt wrote:
If I can’t do a block & replace, then I might as well have the thyroidectomy… in my garage, with my shop tools :wink:

Seriously though, I hope one of your researchers can tell us what to do.

BTW new test results today: 24 hr GH is just 1.1 (ref range 0.2 to 14.8). Goes nicely with my low T, huh!

I can thank my dad and my grandma for Graves antibodies (sister also has Graves). Not sure who to thank for the Hashimoto’s antibodies… but I guess they all go hand in hand.[/quote]
Hashi probably came from another viral infection which just has not been identified.
On a better note send me your address and lets get this nutra eval on its way…You just need to find a place to draw it. Lets get cracking on this. I have left few emails to my colleagues just waiting back…

[quote]Hardasnails wrote:

[quote]mrlowt wrote:
If I can’t do a block & replace, then I might as well have the thyroidectomy… in my garage, with my shop tools :wink:

Seriously though, I hope one of your researchers can tell us what to do.

BTW new test results today: 24 hr GH is just 1.1 (ref range 0.2 to 14.8). Goes nicely with my low T, huh!

I can thank my dad and my grandma for Graves antibodies (sister also has Graves). Not sure who to thank for the Hashimoto’s antibodies… but I guess they all go hand in hand.[/quote]
Hashi probably came from another viral infection which just has not been identified.
On a better note send me your address and lets get this nutra eval on its way…You just need to find a place to draw it. Lets get cracking on this. I have left few emails to my colleagues just waiting back…[/quote]

Please delete duplicate post.

Shawn, everybody: I had 10 vials of blood drawn by a new endocrinologist last week. Going to see him again tomorrow to get results. He thinks I may have pseudopheochromocytoma. “PPCC” for short.

See http://cmbi.bjmu.edu.cn/uptodate/hypertension/secondary/Paroxysmal%20hypertension%20-pseudopheochromocytoma-.htm

What about Addison’s disease?
It fits:

  • Orthostatic Hypotension
  • Addisonian crisis - Possible

& Hashimoto’s thyroiditis = Autoimmune polyendocrine syndrome, type 2 - Schmidt’s syndrome, which has:

  • hypogonadism
  • vitiligo - pale
  • cachexia
  • Weakness
  • hypothyroidism
  • Numbness in Extremities
  • Migraines
  • Overheating
  • Dry Hair - bald?

Perhaps unrelated:

My sister in law [SIL]: Years ago she cared for her grandmother, cooking and a salt restricted diet. When doctors order patients off of salt they systematically induce iodine deficiencies.

So SIL learned to not salt her own food and never reverted. She ended up with an enlarged asymmetric lump thyroid. The lumps are thought to be a result of over stimulation by higher TSH levels in some?many cases. SIL got an August ‘summer cold’ and sore throat. The inflammation pushed the nodules to make a lot of hormones and she was in the hospital twice in 2-3 months with high heart rate and other effects of too much thyroid hormone.

She is stable now, for now, her T3 and T4 levels are good, she lost a lot of mommy fat and has a good figure now. Her TSH is close to zero, indicating that her thyroid nodules are delivering a decent level of hormones while the hypothalamus is no longer in control. I guess you could call this a case of smoldering hypothyroidism.

Both interesting. I have orthostatic hypERtension, which is hyperadrenergic in nature. That goes with the PPCC diagnosis, which suprisingly has something to do with stress levels and sympathetic nervous system control (as Dr. Mariano told me in person). I’m all wired up for some reason. The treatment is lexapro and beta blockers, or to go live alone in the wild.

After the 10 vials of blood testing (checking metanephrines, catecholamines, thyroid antibodies (graves was negative this time) and a whole slew of other stuff, the endo came to the conclusion that I also have “reactive postprandial hypoglycemia” in addition to pseudopheochromocytoma.

My DHEA,s was again flagged HIGH. He had no answer or concern for that. My serum T was at 265 (about only 2% of normal) but my Free T was at 62 (22% of normal, which isn’t terrible). Also my D3 and D2 were flagged LOW despite the fact that I’ve been taking 3,000 IU of D3 daily for the past year!

Everything else on the blood test was normal (kidney, liver, glucose…). Chromogranin A was normal (in fact flagged low).

Other than the extreme blood pressure fluctuations and other crap, my main concern is that I look emaciated. My neck looks like a pencil. My stomach is fat. I’d like to get my T levels up there, but the catch22 is that I don’t know if it would worsen my existing conditions.

SHIT

Do you have vitamin K in your supplements?

What supplements do you use?

I don’t have vitamin K. I got 5000 IU A, 5000 IU D3, 2G C with bioflavinoids, 30mg zinc, 100mcg selenium methionine, 3mg copper, 450mg magnesium citrate and a multi-vitamin on top of this.

[quote]mrlowt wrote:
I don’t have vitamin K. I got 5000 IU A, 5000 IU D3, 2G C with bioflavinoids, 30mg zinc, 100mcg selenium methionine, 3mg copper, 450mg magnesium citrate and a multi-vitamin on top of this.[/quote]

I use mk-7 once a day.

Shoot me an email i need to send out nutra eval…