Blood While Lifting

Hey guys
Im new to this site. I have been lifting for a couple of years but only seriously for 1 year. I was doing heavy (heavy for me anyway) squats but halfway through the set I looked up at the mirror and my nose was pissing out blood. I kept going and while blood doesnt bother me I am only worried about serious damage or is this just a popped blood vessel or something. Is this dangerous or just a pooped vessel?.

Thanks

I’m in no way qualified to say if its unhealthy or not, but I’ve watched many videos with powerlifters getting nosebleeds halfway through a heavy squat, and read similar accounts on here; I’d initially say it’s nothing to worry about - but being that my basis for that assumption is just videos and reading you’re probably best off waiting for someone more experienced to answer. I would personally love for that to happen when I’m squatting; and I’m disappointed it hasn’t but perhaps I’m just a bit of a freak.

Fucken cool tho brah.

Yeah, it seems like it just happens to some people. I’ve lifted with guys that got nosebleeds every time they squatted heavy, especially in gear. Some guys get it when they bench. It’s never happened to me though. You can get it checked out by a doctor if it bothers you, but my advice would be to have someone take a picture of you the next time it happens and make it your avatar. This will make you awesome.

Well, in this weeks T-mag interview Matt Kroc said he started bleeding from the nose, and apparently it’s not a big deal.
Your words look a lot like the words he used, though…

Is it the temporary increase in blood pressure that cause capillaries to bust and thus blood ends up running out the nose?

Too bad it didn’t seep out through your eyes. That would have been pretty cool.

Personally, I would have let it bleed and kept working. How fucking bad ass would that look, I’ve been trying to workout so much that I start to bleed out of my orifices, lucky fuck.

Be more worrisome if you were bleeding into your brain.

You’re not going to die from a nose-bleed, but it might behoove you to figure out why it’s bleeding.

Are you dehydrated? Is your nose dry? Is your coke addiction out of control? High blood-pressure?

Dude, I envy you. You’re a lucky bastard. I haven’t hit that yet. I want to soon though lol

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
Dude, I envy you. You’re a lucky bastard. I haven’t hit that yet. I want to soon though lol[/quote]

Stupidest response to a thread ever. When someone asks you what your lifting goals are you say “A nosebleed”? He even said he was a novice lifter, and probably isn’t squatting a huge amount of weight.

[quote]RTJenforcer wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
Dude, I envy you. You’re a lucky bastard. I haven’t hit that yet. I want to soon though lol[/quote]

Stupidest response to a thread ever. When someone asks you what your lifting goals are you say “A nosebleed”? He even said he was a novice lifter, and probably isn’t squatting a huge amount of weight.
[/quote]

Just to prove you wrong, this will become my future response.

Go ahead, ask me.

i remember the first time i went down to the weight room, there was blood on the mirrior next to the squat rack