T Nation

Blood Type Nutrition and Other BS

this a request mostly to John Berardi and the rest nutrition experts , can anyone make a proper article about this fraud?

Cause its getting really dangerous and almost all guys i know starting talking all those kind of bull$ about how their blood afect the nutrition and such.

Not really understanding your question to begin with; let me clarify.

You want an scientific answer in regards to the impact of nutrition on each person’s blood profile?

id like someone to debunk this within a serius article.

" The blood type diet is a diet advocated by Peter D’Adamo and outlined in his book Eat Right 4 Your Type. Its basic premise is that ABO blood type is the most important factor in determining a healthy diet."

It looks funny now at least for the ones who really into nutrition for years , but fir the most pupolutation it makes sence.

blood it must affect what we eat somehow they think and so on.

Still no scientific proof , not one about it , but scientific proof and reason isnt as it seems proper reasons for most of us.

Thats why we still have religions i guess ;p

While we’re at it can we please stop talking about somatotypes as well.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I know of people who did great losing fat on a blood type diet, but they were all type O’s. It only seems to work for O’s. I’m a B and it did absolutely nothing for me.

OTOH, guess what the major premise of the blood type diet is! Eliminating High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) from your diet. Hell, that alone should help almost anybody.

I’m waiting for the eye color diet. LOL!

I don’t know which is worse, this one, the cleanse diets, or the balance your PH.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Malevolence wrote:

I can’t tell if you are serious or not.

Bushy[/quote]

Fully serious. Somatotype theory is unscientific generalisations based largely on limited observation tied into classical stereotyping. It is essentially a very sloppy, inelegant way of characterising physical differences amongst people, that defeats itself under any serious scrutiny when you recognise that there are infinitely more than 3 somatotypes and none of them are clearly defined.

What’s worse, the majority of times you see it brought up in contemporary discussion is when used as an excuse for poor performance in the gym(or the kitchen).

It’s a bit like the astrology of bodybuilding. Makes sense from a strictly observational/general sense, but with any actual analysis, it falls flat on its face.

This came up about a year ago on the Precision Nutrition forums and the following link was posted as a response.

http://www.weightlossresources.
co.uk/diet/blood_group_diet.htm

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
Malevolence wrote:

I can’t tell if you are serious or not.

Bushy

Fully serious. Somatotype theory is unscientific generalisations based largely on limited observation tied into classical stereotyping. It is essentially a very sloppy, inelegant way of characterising physical differences amongst people, that defeats itself under any serious scrutiny when you recognise that there are infinitely more than 3 somatotypes and none of them are clearly defined.

What’s worse, the majority of times you see it brought up in contemporary discussion is when used as an excuse for poor performance in the gym(or the kitchen).

It’s a bit like the astrology of bodybuilding. Makes sense from a strictly observational/general sense, but with any actual analysis, it falls flat on its face.[/quote]

I agree.