T Nation

Blood-Type Diet

Anyone read this?

http://www.boncherry.com/blog/2008/11/14/blood-type-diet/

I have no idea how much validity this has, but the title caught my attention.

This has been around for quite a while. I know I read that Poliquin likes it and I have tried it in the past with good results.

Why not try the hair-color or eye-color diet?

What credible evidence is there that the gene that controls blood type changes metabolic pathways and efficiencies, or hormones, or anything related to what would change relative value of differing diets?

Besides someone simply asserting so, as they could also do for a hair-color or eye-color diet.

If anyone does have credible evidence that would be interesting. The assertions are not, to me anyway (obviously each can find interesting whatever they like, but whether it makes sense or has any basis in reality is a differing matter.)

I looked into it and it did nothing for me (type B) at all, but a friend of mine (type O) did fabulously. Every single type in the book says to avoid high fructose corn syrup, so maybe that’s why it seems successful for some people.

You would be better off getting a hair mineral analysis and eating for the specific mineral composition of your body. At least that has some science behind it.

Give up all meat? What a ridiculous piece of shit diet.

[quote]hexx wrote:
Give up all meat? What a ridiculous piece of shit diet.[/quote]

Someone had to say it…

Could be worse though.

All humans and their ancestors ate meat for hundreds of thousands of years. That diet is false.

My brother in law is a doctor of sorts (holistic medicine)I hear him talk about this diet but have never actually read about it. some of them seem okay, not perfect but okay.

[quote]Snookerd wrote:
My brother in law is a doctor of sorts (holistic medicine)I hear him talk about this diet but have never actually read about it. some of them seem okay, not perfect but okay.[/quote]
Your brother in-law is not a doctor. If it is not science based, it is not medicine.

[quote]elih8er wrote:
Snookerd wrote:
My brother in law is a doctor of sorts (holistic medicine)I hear him talk about this diet but have never actually read about it. some of them seem okay, not perfect but okay.
Your brother in-law is not a doctor. If it is not science based, it is not medicine.[/quote]

He probably just means “health care practitioner” since he didn’t say his brother was an M.D. You don’t need to be a licensed M.D. to be a health care practitioner. Or a D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathy) either. For that matter, Berardi isn’t an M.D., just a PhD., and I doubt anybody would disregard his advice.

For that matter, maybe his brother is a Ph.D. and qualifies as a “doctor”. How do you know? Don’t jump to conclusions.

Like tribulus and phytoestrogen scares the blood type diet is just more junk science from the tinfoil hat crowd.