Dear forum members,
I have started this new thread, since I can not seem to find my original one using my iPhone.
A year ago I quit using an SSRI (anti-depressant) after 3 years of being on. My libido was completely gone! Now, almost a year later, I still feel kinda depressed, very low libido (fewer morning wood, less hard erections) and stubborn body fat I did not have before.
I am 31 years old at the moment. Been working out for almost a decade. I weigh 105kg for 16-17% body fat. Never used any form of AS or pro hormones. I have a puffy look although my training intensity is high and my food intake monitored.
Forum member BBB advised me to take a hormone blood test. After some weeks of waiting, I have the results. Please note that these are in the metric system (Iâ??m European).
I will give the different results and between brackets Iâ??ll put the lower and upper limit (lowlim and uplim) stated on the results.
1) Free testosterone = 98,57 pg/mL Â (lowlim = 50,00 versus uplim = 280,00)
2) Testosterone = 5,63 mcg/L (lowlim = 2,80 vs uplim = 11,00)
3) Test.bind.globuline = 37 nmol/L (lowlim = 10 vs uplim = 57)
4) Androstanediolglucuronide = 7,7 mcg/L (lowlim = 3,4 vs uplim = 22,0)
5) Oestradiol = < 20 ng/L (male = uplim = 44)
6) Oestron = 47 ng/L (lowlim = 15 vs uplim = 65)
7) DHEA-sulfate = 264 mcg/dL (lowlim = 120 vs uplim = 520)
8) Androstenedion = 1,52 ng/mL (lowlim = 0,50 vs uplim = 2,50)
My doctor said everything was normal (normal family doctor).
I am worried about the low free testosterone and quite high oestron levels.
BBB warned me about the conservative opinions of our everyday doctors. So I am eager to hear about my results from people who know what they are talking about.
Thanks in advance. I need to know what's wrong.