Blood Test, 'Normal' Testosterone?

Hi all,

I just got blood drawn last week and the results will be ready in a few days. I was wondering what I should be looking for. Doc said my testosterone level will be tested. What is considered normal level?

A little about myself. I’m 35 yrs old. The last year or so has been kind rough, healthwise. I just feel tired and low energy all the time. Also low sex drive and no morning wood anymore. Emotionally and mentally a mess, seem depressed. I’m trying to get my shit together. That’s why I finally saw a doctor. Also looking into a therapist.

thanks in advance

There will be a reference range listed on the results page which gives you “normal” values for your age group.

so my results came back.

total test : 590 241 - 827
free test : 2.54 0.95 - 4.30
free test (%): 0.43 0.32 - 0.50

so im within range and the doc says im fine. but i still feel like crap. I wonder what more I can do.

did they test your estrogen levels? What other tests were run?

no estrogen, i asked the doc about it. she said that wasnt needed since i dont have gyno. after reading thru a few of these posts, shouldve known better and demanded it. Besides the 3 testosterones, under “endocrinology” there’s this thing called TSH 3rd generation? Other categories were Chemistry, Lipids, Hematology, Urinalysis, Urine Microscopic…dont know if any of these has anything to do with this topic.

(Al here- tawney’s husband)

I’m no expert, but If I were you I would look up dr. crisler on google. the results of that test look a little bit off as far as “how much free test % you have available in your blood.” from what I’ve read it’s the percentage of free test that is important in running things like libito, general energy, etc… and if there is not enough available, you will notice the kinds of symptoms you are describing. My percent of free test was also similar to yours, (less than 1% available) and after they got me on HRT I felt much MUCH better. Maybe a doctor who knows more (and runs additional tests) could give you a more accurate answer than the doctor you used. Someone like Crisler- an HRT EXPERT. The last thing I would do is get desperate enough to just see a therapist who will throw anti-depressant persciptions at you before you can even say hello. LOL

JMO

[quote]harmony72 wrote:
no estrogen, i asked the doc about it. she said that wasnt needed since i dont have gyno. after reading thru a few of these posts, shouldve known better and demanded it. Besides the 3 testosterones, under “endocrinology” there’s this thing called TSH 3rd generation? Other categories were Chemistry, Lipids, Hematology, Urinalysis, Urine Microscopic…dont know if any of these has anything to do with this topic.[/quote]

See recent post re blood testing and order your own E2 test out of pocket, if you are in the USA.