Blood Test Lab Result - Help?

Hi, for the first time ever I got my blood work done through WellnessFX. I’m wondering if any of you could help me out with what some markers mean, and how I can change them for the better. I’m only going to list the markers that are ‘moderate’ or ‘high’ risk for simplicity.

Moderate risk: Triglycerides to HDL Ratio - 1

High risk: Cortisol - 20

High risk: Estradiol - 50

High risk: Total testosterone - 1786

High risk: SHBG - 104

[I’ll mention Free Test here, which is low risk - 216.3]

High risk: Blood Urea Nitrogen - 24

Everything else seems to be in the clear, low risk zone… markers such as vitamin D, folate, insulin, CRP, electrolytes, B12, etc.

So here are my first thoughts. I’m not too worried about the cortisol/BUN levels, as my blood work was done in the morning after a 12-hr fast, and I should have drank more water. The Triglycerides to HDL Ratio is likely due to the bit of excess fat I have, which can be changed with just eating less crap/carbs.

As for my reproductive hormones, they seem all screwed up. I’m not sure if the total test of 1786 is good or bad, I mean, more is better, right? But it is labeled as high risk. And my estradiol/SHBG are way too high. Is this due to excess body fat, or something else? Are there dietary/lifestyle/supplemental changes I can make?

You might get more help in the TRT forum, but we’re going to need units and ranges.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
You might get more help in the TRT forum, but we’re going to need units and ranges.[/quote]
Triglycerides to HDL Ratio: no units, just a radio.
High risk is > 3, moderate risk is 1-3, low risk is < 1

Cortisol is in μg/dL.
High risk is > 19.5, low risk is 2.5-19.5, high risk is < 2.5
I am at 20.

Estradiol is in pg/mL.
High risk is > 39, low risk is 12-39, high risk is < 12
I am at 50.

Total testosterone is in ng/dL.
High risk is > 1301, low risk is 290-1301, high risk is < 290
I am at 1786.

SHBG is in nmol/L.
High risk is > 51, low risk is 10-51, high risk is < 10
I am at 104.

BUN is in mg/dL.
High risk is > 21, low risk is 6-21, high risk is < 6
I am at 24.

On the bright side, your total testosterone is awesome.

Your estrogen, TT, and SHBG are all high…that’s not seen a lot in the TRT forums unless someone is on TRT.

Ignore BUN, Trigs to HDL doesn’t tell you a lot unless you get absolute numbers, and I assume it’s serum cortisol? A 4 sample saliva test is preferred.

Your estrogen, TT, and SHBG are all high…that’s not seen a lot in the TRT forums unless someone is on TRT.

Ignore BUN, Trigs to HDL doesn’t tell you a lot unless you get absolute numbers, and I assume it’s serum cortisol? A 4 sample saliva test is preferred.[/quote]
Yeah blood test for cortisol.

I do have a stressful job, but still, the serum cortisol measure seems pointless.

I have never taken steroids or TRT, or any of that. I just take Biotest supplements. :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: I totally forgot about the Pharma sub-forum. I’ll re-post there.

It would be interesting to see where your LH and FSH are.

Post this in TRT and see what KSMAN has to say.

Probably nothing some iodine can’t take care of…lol.

It would be interesting to see where your LH and FSH are.

Post this in TRT and see what KSMAN has to say.

Probably nothing some iodine can’t take care of…lol.[/quote]
You know what’s funny, I did a quick google on “high estradiol” and immediately came across a bunch of iodine readings, their relationship, etc.

I actually already take 1 mg of sea iodine a day from LEF, along with 5000iu’s vit D.