Blood Test Interpretation Please

Hey guys. I got my annual blood work in and was wondering if any of you knowledgeable folks would weigh in and give some thoughts as to how you would interprete them.

The work was done at trough.

1. How does my total T and free T look to you? I’m self medicating at 140mg/w.

2. My ft3 is on the low side. Could this indicate hypothyroidism? Ft4 is just barely making the cut on the low side as well.

3. What to do about the high prolactin? Take some caber?

4. Bonus points: why are all of my cholesterol readings (HDL and LDL both so on the low side?) I started cardio and ate damn healthy for the better part of the year.

Thanks for any and all input.

Total T 860 ng/dl
Free T 3.31%
SHBG 13.7 nmol/L
E2 34 pg/ml

Prolactin 378 mIU/L (range 86-324)

Cholesterol 2.9 nmol/L (range 3.5 - 5)
Triglycerides 0.7 nmol/L (range up to 1.7)
HDL 0.7 nmol/L (range Male > 1.0)
LDL 1.9 nmol/L (range <2.6)

TSH 2.03 mIU/L (range 0.27 - 4.2)
Ft3 2.5 pmol/L (range 3.1-6.8)
Ft4 12 pmol/L (range 12-22)

I hate doing this but…

Bump?

1 Like

people also hate converting to ng/dl, especially from an image where you can’t copy paste. i would assume that most here are in the USA?

Both are just over the range, estrogen looks okay. How are you feeling?

Caber was recommended by my doc as my Prolactin levels are over the range too. I haven’t taken it, but have been considering doing so… Are you “meh” most days, difficult to excite? This is common for many people like us.

Sorry, no other inputs on Thyroid stuff or Cholesterol; still learning about both of these.
@systemlord knows his stuff about thyroid though

1 Like

I assumed that because the ranges were posted that it wouldn’t be a problem. I’ll convert it asap

Here are all the standard international units

Total T 860 ng/dl
Free T 3.31%
SHBG 13.7 nmol/L
E2 34 pg/ml

Prolactin 378 mIU/L (range 86-324)

Cholesterol 2.9 nmol/L (range 3.5 - 5)
Triglycerides 0.7 nmol/L (range up to 1.7)
HDL 0.7 nmol/L (range Male > 1.0
LDL 1.9 nmol/L (range <2.6)

TSH 2.03 mIU/L (range 0.27 - 4.2)
Ft3 2.5 pmol/L (range 3.1-6.8)
Ft4 12 pmol/L (range 12-22)

For the past two, maybe three months I’ve been overly agitated, emotional, snappy. My libido got up and walked out the door literally overnight. I’m thinking now it could be the higher prolactin causing these issues. Oh and I regularly wake up every morning around 4, 4:30 and can’t get back to sleep.

1 Like

I think this is a fair assessment. Unsure if it’s related to sleep; my sleep quality is consistently shit but I’ve got ADHD so it’s just a thing for me.

1 Like

Guess I’ll get some caber in that case. Not too sure what to do with the thyroid figures. I may just need to go to my doc to direct me to an endo.

1 Like