Blood Test and TRT Dosages

New forums. My names nate i am 32 years old and have been diagnosed to have low t. I have done this to myself by abusing opiates and have been chronically low for 5 years. My primary care doc said he was not comfortable prescribing test cyp to me but said he would cover me until i can get a appointment with the endocrinologist. Primary care doc prescribed 200mg test cyp bi weekly. I was on a roller coaster ride but felt much better that i had before i started trt. This is my 3rd month and i got to see my endo guy. The papers uploaded show my bloods pulled right before i met him. He has basically doubled my dose to 200 per week. My questions to you guys are does this seem ok? My labs seem to be reading high already so i dont undersand why he would double it again

I’ll tell you what I know and that’s not a a lot. Have been reading a lot about TRT for a while but have only been on TRT since the first of the year. Most guys do not need 200mg of T a week. That’s considered the ceiling for a TRT dose most of the time, though there are exceptions. 100mg a week is a good place to start. Most people prefer to split their dose in half into two injections every 3.5 days. This controls peaks and valleys and gives you estrogen control also. Looks like your hematocrit is high and you could benefit from donating blood or get a script for therapeutic phlebotomy. If this was before you got switched to 200mg a week I would make that a priority. A lower T dose and split injections will probably help that also. In the future you will want to get values for estradiol. Always good to know where that value is. Especially in a high dose. Ksman will hopefully be by here soon to fill in the holes I probably left. Good Luck!

200mg per week is the limit for TRT as a rule of thumb and its not dangerous, its the dose I am on. With that said estrogen control may become an issue. Like plainview suggested I would divide it into two doses 3.5 days apart to assist in E2 control. As you are from my area, I can tell you if your doc does not want to do the labs needed to you can go to LabCorp, I believe its in Brighton.

Your doc is clueless!
CNP!

Where are you located?

Self-inject 50mg T twice a week, subq not IM, #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringe, pinch up skin over upper leg and inject into end of fold needle parallel to underlying muscles.

Do labs always halfway between injections.

Your labs were inadequate and presentation could be a lot better.

Currently, your labs are meaningless because the lab results are mostly determined by lab timing.

READ!

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.