Blood Test Analysis - Please and Thank You

Height

6’0"

Waist

34"

Weight

195lbs

Body/Facial Hair

Cannot grow a full beard. Light body hair on chest and forearms.

Where I carry fat

Lower abdomen and chest.

Health Conditions / Symptoms

• Low energy
  • Low motivation / mood (not really depressed, just meh)
  • Longer recovery times from the gym
  • Cannot get into a deep sleep
  • Loss of interest in sex

Rx or OTC Drugs

None

Lab Results (Ranges)

Blood drawn at 11/11/2016 11:05AM

• Hemoglobin: 14.10 (13.8 - 17.2 g/dL)
  • Hematocrit: 42.30 (40.7 - 50.3%)
  • Testosterone: 879.14 (300 - 1200 ng/dL)
  • Free Testo: 13.30 (9 - 30 ng/dL)
  • SHGB: 62.90 (20 - 60 nmol/L)
  • Estradiol: 36.17 (0 - 50 pg/mL)
  • Progesterone: 0.67 (0 - 1 ng/mL)
  • Cortisol: 15.66 (6 - 23 mcg/dL)
  • Total T4: 9.05 (4.5 - 11.2 mcd/dL)
  • Total T3: 98.33 (100 - 200)
  • Vitamin D: 49.50 (30 - 74 ng/mL)
  • Vitamin B12: 831.49 (200 - 900 pg/ml)
  • DHEA-S: 276.55 (20 - 380 ug/dL)
  • PSA: 0.61 (0 - 2.5ng/mL)

Diet

Renaissance Periodization maintenance

Training

Crossfit 3 times a week. Wendler 5/3/1.

Testes

No aching ever

Morning wood

Sometimes have it sometimes don’t. Been like this most of my life.

I wonder if you’re overtraining. You’re doing crossfit three times per week PLUS 531??

Free T is low because shbg is high. If estradiol was male sensitive array its also higher than optimal. By reducing e2/estradiol you’ll in turn increase free t and reduce shbg.

Total t3 is low as well. All of these are going to contribute to your symptoms.

No TSH? rt3 and cortisol would be helpful too.

What does this diet entail: Renaissance Periodization maintenance

You’ll feel better with lower e2 and improved thryoid function.

1 Like

Hostile, thank you VERY much for your response.

Cortisol is towards the middle of the list of results.

No TSH or rt3 on this one. I’ll make sure to get those measured on my next blood test.

This is what my doctor recommended based on my labs:

1. Testosterone Program: 0.3mL HCG injections twice weekly, and 1/2 mg anastrozole weekly. HCG boosts testosterone production by helping to release LH (luteinizing hormone). Anastrozole will lower estrogen. These two factors together should also lower SHBG. HCG also helps to control for any negative effects of altering your overall hormone profile.

2. Increase testosterone precursor: DHEA 10mg by Douglas Laboratories, 1 tablet per day. Stop if you start to notice acne. Increasing DHEA will also help to lower SHBG.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0014Y7U7C/ref=mp_s_a_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1478495802&sr=8-4&keywords=dhea+douglas+labs

3. Vitamin D: Continue current vitamin D 5,000IU supplement. Up dose to 3 tablets per day for 6 weeks, for a total of 15,000IU per day. Then drop back down to 2 tablets until we check your levels again.

4. Adrenal support: A-Drenal by RLC Labs, 4 capsules in the morning to support adrenal gland recovery. Contains Cordyceps sinensis, a plant adaptogen most beneficial for athletic performance. Also contains Panax ginseng to increase testosterone.
    Amazon.com

5. Liver support to help convert DHEA to testosterone: Anti-oxidant by Thorne Research, 3 capsules per day.
    Amazon.com

Disagree on all counts right now except for the vit d3 and liver support which can only help.

No need for hcg as your T is good. I wouldn’t start interfering so directly with your hpta axis.

You need to read and understand more. hcg does not increase LH production it’s an analogue, so it resembles it and takes its place. Because it functions as an external source it will decrease your normal LH production

Again, you’ll feel much better by accomplishing two things, decrease e2 and improve thyroid function.

e2 can be decreased by improving gut and liver health. Read everything you can on this site on gut healthy, inflammation, leaky gut etc. Start eating fermented sauerkraut that’s refrigerated in the health food store or start fermenting your own. Drink apple cidar vinegar, eat nutritional yeast and more vegetables. Reduce your body fat and stress.

Do you use iodized salt? How are your body temps? Measure your body temps twice a day for three days, once right upon waking before you talk, eat, drink or shower. Should be 97.4 or higher. Measure again in early afternoon, should reach 98.6. Report those 6 numbers here. If you can’t hit those numbers it indicates potential thyroid problem.

There’s a reason your e2 is high and your ft3 is low. If I could go back I would search harder for the reason to see if possible to address before pharmaceuticals. If you jump straight to pharmaceuticals when you may be able to address the deeper issue at hand, its just a band aid solution.

If the above isn’t effective I would suggest only going the anadtrazole route. Micro dose EOD by dissolving 5 mg of anastrazole in 5 ml of vodka in a small dropper. Measure how many drops your dripper dispenses to fill 1 ml and you’ll then know how many drops contains what mg dose of anadtrazole via simple algebra… Example is if the dropper you buy dispenses 20 drops to fill 1 ml that means 10 drops would be 1/2 mg anastrazole which you want per week. I would then consume 2-3 drops every other day.

I also asked a couple of questions in my first response that you never answered. Can you go back and answer those as well?