T Nation

Blood Test After Feeling 'Off'

Got a level of 206. This was kind of something I expected to see.

My doc shipped me off to an endocrinologist, seeing in 3 weeks. My questions are as follows:

1. with being 24, and having such low levels, would they be open to recommending shots or gels?
  2. what expectations can i have about my general life improving after i start treatment?
  3. until then, what should i do? should i reach out to anti-aging clinics or something? ive heard negative things about endocrinologists with regard to TRT.
  4. natural remedies for supplementation?

thanks. i realize many of these questions are redundant on this forum, but i really am pressed for time in my lifestyle. thanks a bunch for helping.

Hello! There are two articles you should read before you see your doctor, and before you ask any more questions, so all of us will be on the same page and able to communicate effectively. The two Stickies “TRT: Protocol For Injections” and “Prototype - Advice For New Guys” are located on the landing page for the TRT Forums. In there you will find everything we need to know about you, and what you’re going to need to ask your doctor. This is a life long journey, and the more time you spend in the beginning, the more headaches you will avoid in the coming weeks, months, and years.

1. with being 24, and having such low levels, would they be open to recommending shots or gels?
    -No idea what your doctor will be like, so it’s too hard to say! You also don’t know the cause of your low T, so you might not even need TRT. There are so many things going on, that’s why you need to get the blood tests outlined in the stickies.

2. what expectations can i have about my general life improving after i start treatment?
    -Again, none of us can know for sure. It depends on what is causing your issues, and how those issues get treated. Most describe feeling “young again” even though a lot of us are in our 20s. Many guys feel energetic, athletic, and horney for the first time in years. Every Body is different.

3. until then, what should i do? should i reach out to anti-aging clinics or something? ive heard negative things about endocrinologists with regard to TRT.
    -LEARN! LEARN! LEARN! You cannot know enough about this stuff. It will become a major part of your life, and so you need to spend every free second you can absorbing anything you can get your eyes on. It will help you when you see a doctor; It will help you when/if you start having issues; It will help you analyze your lab results so you can know what is going on in your body. Never stop reading up. Browse around these forums, read the stickies (all 7 of them - all on the top of the TRT Forums page), and be prepared to talk to you physician. If you can, get the bloodwork ordered before you see your Endo. That way you won’t spend your first appointment talking only about what labs need to be done.

4. natural remedies for supplementation?
    -Since you don’t know what’s wrong with you right now I would advise against paying for any supplements or anything like that. Most supplements and “natural remedies” are only good for helping your wallet lose weight, and they prey on people who are uncertain about their health. Wait until you know what’s going on before deciding if you need to buy a vitamin or mineral supplement for a nutrient deficiency (e.g. a lot of people are Vitamin D deficient), or if you need a light-weight estrogen blocker because you have high estrogen but not so high you need pharmaceutical-grade medication for it.

So all-in-all, the best thing you can do for yourself, your health, and those of us who will be helping you on your journey, is to read up as much as you can and become as educated on the subject as you can. Start with the Stickies and then branch off to other sources as your curiosity leads. When you start getting Lab Results in we can refer you to specific sources that could be applicable to your situation.

Remember, you’re in this for the long-haul; don’t get impatient, and don’t let ignorance get in the way of getting the best treatment possible! What you do now will effect you for years to come!

Good Luck!

[quote]dcs80 wrote:
i realize many of these questions are redundant on this forum, but i really am pressed for time in my lifestyle. [/quote]

So you decide to pass the buck to us? How kind of you.