Blood, Sweat, Iron, and Men in Singlets

[quote]MaximusE wrote:
You’re a wrestler too, huh? Awesome stuff man. I’m also training for wrestling haha. Keep up the good work.[/quote]

Thanks man, what weight?

[quote]PlainPat wrote:

[quote]MaximusE wrote:
You’re a wrestler too, huh? Awesome stuff man. I’m also training for wrestling haha. Keep up the good work.[/quote]

Thanks man, what weight?[/quote]
Heavy weight. I’m trying to get down to a lean heavyweight like Tony Nelson or Brock Lesnar. I have a lot of work to do lol.

[quote]MaximusE wrote:

[quote]PlainPat wrote:

[quote]MaximusE wrote:

Thanks man, what weight?[/quote]
Heavy weight. I’m trying to get down to a lean heavyweight like Tony Nelson or Brock Lesnar. I have a lot of work to do lol.
[/quote]

Lol you have a log?

7/24/12

XXXtra workout

-Bench 45x50
-Squat 45x5x10
-BB Row 45x5x10
-Facepulls micro+minix50
-Pushdowns micro+minix50
-Hammy Curls micro+minix25 each
-EZ Bar curls 25x50
-Walking @3.5 mph on 3% incline for 30 minutes

My PD.

@ your work outs - Fucking barbaric man. I haven’t met a varsity wrestler with bad work ethic yet. Sucks about that ringworm though. It’s not even that bad, but it’s pretty contagious. I tried to get my coach to let me wrestle with ringworm too. I should’ve argued the wind while I was at it lol - not going to happen.

What weight class are you? 30s or 40s?

[quote]MaximusE wrote:

My PD.

@ your work outs - Fucking barbaric man. I haven’t met a varsity wrestler with bad work ethic yet. Sucks about that ringworm though. It’s not even that bad, but it’s pretty contagious. I tried to get my coach to let me wrestle with ringworm too. I should’ve argued the wind while I was at it lol - not going to happen.

What weight class are you? 30s or 40s?[/quote]

Thanks man. The ringworms gone already, my coach lets it happen all the time. Its usually not a big deal for us.

I’m sitting around 193 in the AM and 200ish by the PM right now. Once it gets to september probably gonna carb cycle/backload my way down to 170

Damn! You got jacked. I saw the first page of 147 lbs. Nice job.

170 is a rough weight class because of all the competition. Seems like everyone who wrestles in my school is either 140s or 160s-70s. Anyways, this is your senior year is it not? Are you going to try and go to state?

Your coach is pretty awesome for allowing you to wrestle with it. I never thought that ringworm was a big deal either.

[quote]MaximusE wrote:
Damn! You got jacked. I saw the first page of 147 lbs. Nice job.

170 is a rough weight class because of all the competition. Seems like everyone who wrestles in my school is either 140s or 160s-70s. Anyways, this is your senior year is it not? Are you going to try and go to state?

Your coach is pretty awesome for allowing you to wrestle with it. I never thought that ringworm was a big deal either.[/quote]

Yeah haha I’ve put on a lottt of weight. Feels good man

Yeah idk if I exactly want to go to 170 for that reason. I’d be strong as fuck in that class though. Yes it is, and hopefully.

Yeah I never saw it as one either

7/25/12

Beginning Note: Bought 44 servings worth of animal rage today. Wanted to try a preworkout, had extra money from work/grandma so I figured why not. Was suprised they sold it to me considering it says not to use under age 18. Was concerned about that at first but found that mostly it’s because of the fact that if kids aren’t used to caffeine it could be potentially harmful but I’d been drinking at least 16oz of coffee every morning so I figured no big deal. Notes on results after.

At school.

Week 3 QP

Bench 1
-Incline Bench (pinky on rings)
45x2x5
75x5
100x5
125x5
140x5
155x4 -+2 rep PR
-Strict Press
60x5
70x5
80x5
90x5
100x5
110x2 -+5lb -4 rep PR. Not bad considering it was 2nd this time
-Pushdowns
50x12
—work—
110x12
120x12
130x8 drop 80x12 -Got a pump that lasted in my triceps for a solid 30 minutes
-DB Front Raise
10x12
—work—
30x20
35x15
40x10
45x5
-Barbell Row
95x12
—work—
145x12
155x10
165x8
175x5 -Better than last week, felt my back sooo good
-Barbell Curls
45x12
—work—
65x12/12/12 -Up to 70 or greater next time
-Assisted WG Pullups/Dips (this is extra. Felt so good I had to do more)
12x20
10x15
8x8 -These are written as stacksxreps the same for both exercises. Mother of awesome pumps

-Later-
-Walking @3.5mph on 3% incline for 30 minutes

Notes on Animal rage:
Initially I felt a little jumpy but it quickly went away when I started focusing on training. I didn’t feel especially energetic, but deffinettely focused. The biggest thing I noticed was my work capacity, I felt like I could’ve trained for another hour or two no problem. AND the pumps were much better in most bodyparts.

So plans on feeling the energy boost a bit more:
-Get rid of all caffeine consumption in the AM to reduce tolerance.

College visit to penn state tomorrow, then deadlifts friday.

Your workouts could fell a horse.

@ Penn State visit - BIG 10 BABY!! Cael Sanderson is their wrestling coach now. That’d be fucking sweet to wrestle under him. My favorite coaches that I know of are: Tom Brands (I love his attitude), J. Robinson (Love Minnesota), and Cael (because he’s a beast).

@ your weight class - If you dropped to 170 you’d probably be the top. I wouldn’t worry about the competition.

[quote]MaximusE wrote:
Your workouts could fell a horse.

@ Penn State visit - BIG 10 BABY!! Cael Sanderson is their wrestling coach now. That’d be fucking sweet to wrestle under him. My favorite coaches that I know of are: Tom Brands (I love his attitude), J. Robinson (Love Minnesota), and Cael (because he’s a beast).

@ your weight class - If you dropped to 170 you’d probably be the top. I wouldn’t worry about the competition.[/quote]

Thanks man. Yeah cael’s an animal for sure. I’m not gonna wrestle in college though, I want to go into powerlifting really. Wrestling’s a big part of me though and I’ll for sure always follow it and encourage kids to wrestle.

What state do you live in? I’m not concerned about keeping my position, I’m one of the varsity captains for our team. I’m worried about who I’d face in districts regions and states.

No problem. You did your time in the grind and if you do really well in high school (team captain - nice) then there’s no real reason why you’d have to do college unless you love the sport that much. Power lifting is just as bad ass. My two favorite things - Power lifting and Wrestling. The only reason why I want to wrestle college is because I only did 2 seasons and one I sucked horribly and the other I was doing better but I got injured. I can’t just let it slide like that otherwise I’ll look back on my life and always regret letting myself get beat on and giving up because of it.

I’m in Wisconsin currently. You?

170 competition is hard core. It’s harder than heavyweight haha. Looking at all the time you put into working out I have no doubt that you’d be fine, though. Dan Gable said that it’s all about who puts the most time in.

[quote]MaximusE wrote:
No problem. You did your time in the grind and if you do really well in high school (team captain - nice) then there’s no real reason why you’d have to do college unless you love the sport that much. Power lifting is just as bad ass. My two favorite things - Power lifting and Wrestling. The only reason why I want to wrestle college is because I only did 2 seasons and one I sucked horribly and the other I was doing better but I got injured. I can’t just let it slide like that otherwise I’ll look back on my life and always regret letting myself get beat on and giving up because of it.

I’m in Wisconsin currently. You?

170 competition is hard core. It’s harder than heavyweight haha. Looking at all the time you put into working out I have no doubt that you’d be fine, though. Dan Gable said that it’s all about who puts the most time in.[/quote]

Yeah I love powerlifting just as much if not more than wrestling. I feel you, some days I feel like I dont want that to happen to me either. I’m in NJ, the competition is fierce here i have no idea what its like in wisconsin but most teams are STACKED here.

Thanks man, giving it a shot at least.

7/26/12

XXXtra workout

-Bench 45x50
-Squat 45x5x10
-BB Row 45x5x10
-Facepulls micro minix50
-Pushdowns micro minix50
-Hammy Curls micro minix25 each
-EZ Bar curls 25x50
-No time for cardio, going to a college visit right now

Just got back from Penn state, decided I 100% have it as my first choice. Shit was fucking awesome. Deads tmrw, then bench the next day.

7/28/12

At home

Week 4 QP

Deadlift
-SLDL from 2" deficit
135x8
165x8
195x6
240x6
275x8 -+2 rep PR. Got it on video if any site will work for me to upload it
-Deadlifts (work to 6rm)
140x6
230x6
285x7 -No PR but last time got 275x8, so better
-Band Hammy Curls
—work—
2 Lights+micro+minix20/20/20+15 partials
-Pullups 25 total reps
8/7/6/4 - better than last time

Awesome session, and i have a date today

todays a good day

it’s 6-7RM, so you did good

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
it’s 6-7RM, so you did good[/quote]

Yupp, I know. 10lbs better than last time coupled with an improvement in my SLDL is more than awesome

7/29/12

At home

Week 4 QP

Bench 2
-1 Thumbs in CG Bench (paused)
45x2x5
75x5
95x5
120x3
150x1
175x10 sets x1 -+5lb PR. So easy and kept mad tight each set
-Bench (pinky on rings)