T Nation

Blood Sugar Levels

Ok, so I’m a bit of a hypocondriac, but is it possible for a person with no family history of diabetes who trains 4-6 days/week and eats well about 80% of the time to end up with Type II diabetes? I have been recently experiencing some of the symptoms and have begun to worry a little. . . I am getting a coworkers extra blood sugar tester tomorrow to check my levels to be sure. The only reason I am thinking along these lines is that the other 20% of the time my diet is pretty much crap and normally a lot of it at one time.

CH,

get a book on diabetes or check the web. my GF is diabetic (type 1), so that’s something you don’t wanna mess with. also, there are a ton of supps (lipoic acid, etc) that can help type 2’s…

It is possibile though unlikely. People who generally get type 2 diabetes are overweight, don’t excersise, and have a family history. Hopefully this is not the case but you could have type 1 diabetes. I have had type 1 diabetes since I was 2 years old and have no family history of either type 1 or 2. Check your bloodsugar right before you eat a meal and then check it again 1 and 2 hours after eating. If it goes up a lot then I would see a doctor to have him check you out. Best of luck.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the advice!