One day in January I woke up with blood shot eyes and have had them ever since then. The only thing that really changed was I started working in a restaurant. My eyes would get irritated from the kitchen and they would feel like they are on fire occasionally, but only at work. I quit the job in March (not because of the eye problems), but I still have blood shot eyes.
I have tried:
- Several different types of eye drops (The eye doctor told me to buy these drops that are like $15 per tiny bottle…It was a waste of $15.)
- Putting cold packs on eyes (actually made things worse)
- Stopped putting any type of wash or moisturizer on my face
- Changing up my diet
- Splashing water in my eyes throughout the day.
Answers to things people may ask:
- I do not smoke, nor am I around it at all
- I am on no medication
- I get plenty of sleep
- I do not drink
- I do live in a dry climate, but I have lived here for years without any problems
- I have had no vision or pain problems - this is why I have not rushed back to the eye doctor
- I do wear glasses for astigmatism
- It is not terrible by any means, but I just want my sclera to be all white.
As I write this post I realize I am probably just going to go to another optometrist, but in the mean time…Anyone have any solutions?