Blood Results- Low T and Military Advice

Just received a testosterone blood test which came out below average at 226ng/dL which is very troubling for someone my age (22). Haven’t visited the doctor yet to go over potential treatment yet, but I imagine some form of TRT may be offered which I am not opposed to in theory. The issue is I am headed to Army basic training for infantry in a little over a month. I feel that the low T has been affecting my lifting (doing ICF 5x5 currently), making me more fatigued, in a worse mood, etc. What options do I have? I doubt I will be allowed to use any testosterone treatments while in basic training. Currently sitting at 5’10" 175 pounds a bit over weight, I feel as if my lowered T is affecting my ability to cut as well.

The issue is whether you can manage this condition and be combat ready or able to manage your meds on the battle field and the logistics of supplying these to you.

You need to have diagnostic work done to find the cause.

TT
FT
LG/FSH
E2
prolactin
TSH
fT3
fT4 [please not T3, T4 or T3 indexes etc]

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Army Infantry veteran here. You definitely need to be speaking with your recruiter, or whoever you point of contact is to get in. Did you already go to MEPS? You would need to get a waiver possibly, but you will need to talk to your point of contact honestly. They are the only ones who know exactly what needs to be done to get you shipped. . Its extremely difficult physically, and mentally. If you are having low Testosterone symptoms, its going to make it much more difficult. Good luck.