Blood Results: High Estrogen, WTF?

Really ?

From what i have read, and on the DC training site where there is one guy who seems to know his shit said it must be gel cap form, as the rest is not really bioavailable to the body…

Like taking Zinc Oxide instead of Zinc Citrate…

Of course i could be wrong, thats just the info i have.

Some of these guys here know alot more than I do about this stuff.

One thing for sure, I seem to remember hearing that “stress”, “anxiety” are correlated with higher estrogen levels.

Your test levels are really high, so with supressed estrogen, you are going to be feeling great.

Your depression might be a side affect of too high an estrogen in a male.

Anxiety and depression in many cases are treated as a side-affect. A side-affect of what?

Your environment. The way you percieve things. Etc.

Higher estrogen does not help, its kinda like the dog chasing the tail.

I assume you have high cortisol from high stress. Which is bringing the estrogen up.

Reducing the stress can be as simple as changing your life situation, or how you view it.

I’m for both, having the estrogen blocked and either changing your living situation or whatever is adding to your stress.

A couple of things to mention. . .

I have also been told that liquid D-3 is the way to go. The pills I use look like tiny fish oil caps. Come to think of it, I don’t recall ever seeing powder or dry caps before (except for that regular old D you can get in any supermarket).

But obviously they are out there or else I would not have been told to use the liquid (filled oil caps).

djrobins, good point about the estrogen. To the OP, check out the estrogen sticky at the top of the “Over 35 Lifter” forum. Happydog and KSman have done an excellent job of providing advice and information in that thread. There is some really interesting info going on in there. According to some of the posters in that thread, leaps in mood were (for some), attainable by closly monitoring and controlling E2 (Estradiol?) levels.

This is something that I am currently researching. Unfortunatley I am still very much a newb on that subject (I have not yet been able to use an AI on cycle, but will for the next one).

Peace,

D3HT09,

Good info. I was kinda saying that our environment can make us more “estrogenal”, if that is a word.

Our environment can just be our social dealings, the atmosphere, the water, food, etc.

Could a completely overbearing girlfriend, who messes up your social situation and world view of you, make you more estrogenal and carry higher stress?

I’m now starting to think so. That our environment, our social reception, our view of ourself and others can completely affect our metabolism, our hormone levels (test/est), our stress.

I also agree that simply bringing down the E2 levels, like the other posts are saying might change the way you percieve things and are percieved and completely reduce your stress, make you feel stronger and happier.

I was just reading “Seven Habits of successful people” book by “Steven Covey”.

There where two parents trying to help their son. He was a bit clumsy and socially was not the best in social situations. They wanted to help him.

Because they thought of him as inadequate, they projected this into him, furthering his view of himself.

They talked with some experts, who adviced instead of trying to help him, to concentrate on his strengths.

In concentrating on the kids strengths, they saw that while he was somewhat clumsy, not mastering social situations, had other strengths that where genius.

They felt no need to help him, and saw him as capable. What occured over the next couple of years was miraculous.

Their son became a honor student who mastered his social environment. He was an excellent communicator. He also over the years developed into an All-State athelete.

SO while some of us know that getting that E2/Test balance will help you to feel better and stronger. Perhaps discovering what stresses you, what you like, and looking at you and your situation differently might start to affecting the balance all by itself, by stress reduction.

WOW guys, much information here. I really appreciate it!

I will hop on the vitamind D-3 The next time i see it available.

Im slowly weening myself off the prozac, limp dick sucks.

So from here i get some more blood work done to see the real image.

As far as carying fat, i dont, i have a mild 6 pack, my fat seems to be spread evenly over my body.

With the intense anxiety, i also cannot eat much due to the dry heaving. Ive lost 10-15lbs in a matter of months. Probably muscle.

Heres what i thought of, anything else that i should include? I may have gotten a few mixed up, this is new stuff to me.

Estrone (E1)
Estradiol (E2)
Estriol (E3)
Prolactin
Progesteron
pregnenolone
LH
DHEA
Cortisol
Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone
Testosterone Serum
Cholesterol

When you wean yourself off the Prozac, get onto anyone and we can help sort out your nutrition/training thats the easy part

:slight_smile:

Good point. Training & good nutrition definitely boost morale.

The group of tests you listed seems pretty complete to me. I would try and use the lab that KSman mentioned as few labs do high sensitivity E2 for males.