Blood Pressure

Wasnt sure where to post this so i’ll post it here because cant go wrong. My blood pressure has been reading higher than i thought it should lately. 140/80 ish before my workout. When I test it after my work out(with a short rest) it is 115/60 ish. (should be higher after working out right?) my arm is 15" (yeah, i know, nothing impressive) and the machine is designed for 14 or less.

I drink pleanty of water (minimum of 64oz a day), take a multi-vitamin, and my diet is pretty clean. i dont add any salts to meals. i have processed meats once or twice a week (i know they are high in sodium). Red meat average of once a week. Eat out rarely, drink rarely. Only factor i can see that i have is stress. i recently moved and started a new job (although the job is very low stress at the moment). Oh, and at 5’6" i weigh 175. Apparently bieng “overweight” is a factor but i cant tell if that means over-weight or over-fat.

i’ve mentioned it to the doc, and they said “lets keep an eye on it” and thats it. I’m trying to find what i can change in my routine so i dont have to take a high BP medicine…horrible side effects.

I know no one here is a MD, but just lookin for advice or tips. if i can get it normal w/o seeing the doc again that would be great.

Thanks
Will

[quote]willfull wrote:
Wasnt sure where to post this so i’ll post it here because cant go wrong. My blood pressure has been reading higher than i thought it should lately. 140/80 ish before my workout. When I test it after my work out(with a short rest) it is 115/60 ish. (should be higher after working out right?) my arm is 15" (yeah, i know, nothing impressive) and the machine is designed for 14 or less.[/quote]

The size of the cuff alone could result in a higher reading for BP. If a cuff is too small for your arm, the reading is higher.

[quote]
i’ve mentioned it to the doc, and they said “lets keep an eye on it” and thats it. I’m trying to find what i can change in my routine so i dont have to take a high BP medicine…horrible side effects.[/quote]

Unless you have been read at a higher BP by a professional at 3 different readings and they were all consistently high, why do you think you have high blood pressure?

Your doctor is right. Let him keep an eye on it or have someone with a BP cuff that actually fits you take the reading regularly.

[quote]
I know no one here is a MD,
Will[/quote]

DMD. I must take at least 10 BP’s a day.

There are a lot of bp meds. You might have to go through a few to find some that don’t have side effects for you.

High BP runs deep in my family.

I have been taking LISINOPRIL for some time. It has worked great with zero interactions or side effects.

Take great care, BP is nothing to Fuck with.

Hmm. So if higher blood pressure readings result from the cuff being to small, then that would probably explain why the blood pressure machine at wal-mart says that I have 145/80 at 19 years of age.