Blood Pressure

Just found out that my blood pressure is fairly high. I got nutrition advice from my doctor but she doesn’t really take into account the fact that I am still lifting and trying to get bigger. Anyone else out there in a similar situation? Plus, I know that a lot of supplements can raise your blood pressure, but are ther any testosterone boosters, etc, that would be safe to take? Are things like M, Alpha Male, etc going to cause problems? I just don’t want to take any risks since I have four little kids. Thanks for any responses.
Just for background I am 6’2", 225lbs, 32 years old, ~12% BF

What is fairly high? Mine was 130/90 in August…I was 228…now I am 191…I am 5’6"…41 yo…now it is 120/70…had a full physical last Friday…cardio will do wonders…mine spiked when I took some left over MD6…with HOT-ROX, no changes…I don’t take anything but aspirin and HOT-ROX…I am trying to lose more weight, since my BMI says that I am obese…go figure

[quote]drsullivan wrote:
What is fairly high? [/quote]

That’s a good question. Without knowing that, it is hard to tell if you even have “high blood pressure” for sure.

As far as BMI, nearly ANYONE who has a significant amount of LBM is going to have an “obese” BMI reading. I think mine is over 36. It means nothing unless you are carrying around an excessive body fat percentage as well.

I know the BMI is off for muscular people…my BF% is around 14-15…I think…that is a recent photo of me last week…any guesses on BF %?

I used to take body fat percentages through calipers pretty regularly. I would guess about 12-14% in that picture. At 10%, I would expect your abs to stand out more.

[quote]drsullivan wrote:
What is fairly high? Mine was 130/90 in August…I was 228…now I am 191…I am 5’6"…41 yo…now it is 120/70…had a full physical last Friday…cardio will do wonders…mine spiked when I took some left over MD6…with HOT-ROX, no changes…I don’t take anything but aspirin and HOT-ROX…I am trying to lose more weight, since my BMI says that I am obese…go figure[/quote]

It was 142/91, but the doctor believes that this was aggravated by taking over the counter decongestants due to a sinus/ear infection. I am going to be re-tested after being off the decongestanst for a about a week.