Blood Pressure

Hi all, have done a bit of looking around but can’t seem to find solid evidence. Im currently on a cycle of 500mg of Sust a week, well into week 5 now. I have borrowed a friends BP machine to be cautious. Have been checking every couple of days my diastolic (bottom number) is about 60-70 and the systolic number (top number) is usually between 145-155. I

know AAS do increase blood pressure, what i want to know is if this is usual while on cycle and to wait it out, then once finish cycle it should drop or should i seek out medication to lower is while on.

The elevated blood pressure can be caused by several things, sometimes related with the diet.

“Most medical texts that discuss the side effects of anabolic steroids suggest that the reason they may increase blood pressure is their sodium-retention properties. High-dose steroid use inhibits the enzyme 11-beta hydroxylase, which leads to excessive production of deoxycorticosterone, a mineralocorticoid in the adrenal glands, and, in due course, sodium and water retention. The scenario can also lead to elevated blood pressure.”

If nothing else your blood volume increases. You need a baseline when you are off o know if you are getting a dramatic increase. The numbers you are throwing out are probably reasonable.

Cheers guys, yea i was too stupid to think of testing BP before i started, I’m drinking close to 6 litres of water per day and have checked the diet situation, there are a couple of points where i could decrease sodium. Thanks again guys, I just assume that obviously the bodily conditions have changed so slightly elevated BP may be the norm, sort of…

[quote]Rocksolid1 wrote:
Cheers guys, yea i was too stupid to think of testing BP before i started, I’m drinking close to 6 litres of water per day and have checked the diet situation, there are a couple of points where i could decrease sodium. Thanks again guys, I just assume that obviously the bodily conditions have changed so slightly elevated BP may be the norm, sort of… [/quote]

Dandelion tea is very effective for treating water retention. Hawthorne berry capsules will help too. You probably won’t get BP down to normal on cycle but it’s good that you’re keeping an eye on it. Orals can wreak havoc on BP too.

Ok thanks will have a shop around, not on any orals at the moment but was thinking i would like to try maybe have to rethink.
And yea, thats what i was thinking, if it is semi-normal so have slightly high BP on cycle, and how many people are able to actually maintain the recommended levels whilst on.

I know how you feel, laat year i did a cycle of only 400mg Tcyp and 200mg deca and after 4 weeks my bp was 160/100 in the mornings and went to 180/100 in stress days. Which made me worry even more I went lower on disage as my body reacted not too well. J since started using the following which works like a dream.

Hawthron berry(like was said). Cayenne pepper capsules, garlic capsules, taking it at least 2 times a day and at high dose, it cant hurt as natural. My BP on cruze dose( i am 44 years old and on TRT as well) and my BP now is 120/70. The natufal stuff works and have other good things it also does like immune assistance etc

Geez never would of thought the natural stuff worked that well, will give it a try cheers.

[quote]Rocksolid1 wrote:
Geez never would of thought the natural stuff worked that well, will give it a try cheers.[/quote]

As you didn’t took BP before the cycle, I tend to think you may be taking it wrong, it happened with me. I don’t know about you, but my arm is a little bit big (kkk), and the equipment must be bigger. You cannot take BP with a normal equipment, made for normal arm sizes. If you do it, you’ll need to subtract some values from the measure you’ve made. My BP was taken in pharmacy, but they did it wrong all the time, always 16/12, 18/13, 15/11… they were using the wrong method. I went to a doctor and he told me they were wrong, he took my BP with the write equipo and it was around 12/8, … he made me do some kind exercise and it got to 14/8,5… after a minute or two it was 12/8 again, perfect recover… he said I was perfectly healthy and said to never take my BP with this fucking retards again, he told how to take my BP and the rest is history. Just be sure you are taking your BP with the right equipo or subtracting numbers if doing with the wrong equipo… actually you’ll need to measure your arm to take the exact BP, do some google about it, you’ll see.

This can be from high levels of hematocrit and basically your blood is too thick.
We do see a lot of this with TRT guys taking 100mg/week T cypionate. So your potential is higher.
High iron intake makes this worse. Males should avoid iron fortified foods.

High hematocrit is dangerous as blood pressure is up because blood flow is impeded.

You need lab work to know.

Meanwhile, take 80mg aspirin ED and fish oil to provide some compensation. Do not get dehydrated as that makes it all worse.

Blood volume might be adversely affected by high E2 levels.

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
CBC
AST/ALT
PSA if 40+
TSH, range is bogus, best to be nearer to 1.0

With 6 liters of water per day, I would not expect excess sodium to be an issue, it is readily cleared out, along with water soluble vitamins.

Any muscle cramping? Can be low magnesium or impeded circulation.
Avoid stimulants.