Blood Pressure Results. Yikes!

[quote]schultzie wrote:
just a question. i have an upscale one you put on your wrist. i did a hard workout (took 200mg caffiene pre) then chugged a shake, drove home, showered, tidied up the kitchen a bit while i made myself a dinner.

the my parents were doing the blood pressure test and i did it and got 117/88 with 99bpm.

they said that im overdoing it in the gym and i might have an aneurism(sp).

over doing it? i told them to wait a few hours once im chilled out and to measure again.

the 99bpm really gets me though[/quote]

i did one recently with my folks on one of my off days. it was 112/79 with 54 bpm… they told me it was really good. maybe your body just wasnt rested yet from the workout and stimulants you took. do it over again on a day you dont workout get a “rested” reading…

yeah i just did again. 121/80 67bpm

i want to lower my rest heart rate more though.

whats the best way to do this without losing muscle.

something like tabatas?

[quote]schultzie wrote:
yeah i just did again. 121/80 67bpm

i want to lower my rest heart rate more though.

whats the best way to do this without losing muscle.

something like tabatas?[/quote]

i was playing alot of basketball at the time…something you dont want to do…

I would think MAYBE HIT sprints though…

Hmmm…what appears to be decent doctor related advice…online!

Who’da thunk it?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

You may just have high blood pressure. I know I personally would choose a doctor who I could ask these questions directly and TRUST without having to jump on the internet and ask a BODYBUILDING FORUM.[/quote]

I’m not sure how much I would TRUST a doctor that doesn’t know what creatine and it’s role in the body is. I’m not really sure how you would get through med school without knowing that.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
Ok your Dr didn’t know what creatine was?? I hate to tell you, but you get creatine blood tests to test your kidney function. And still your Dr doesn’t know this. Seriously get a new Dr. Bad sign right there. Very very bad sign. You should almost report her.[/quote]

The test is for creatinine -Patient Education on Blood, Urine, and Other Lab Tests - Testing.com.

I’ve got 16" arms also, and my blood pressure readings are fine, so it wasn’t the wrong cuff.

Too many factors the OP didnt mention. Family history, whether or not he took a thermogenic prior to, did he workout prior, etc. Any of these could throw your BP off. Dont underestimate these factors, I have a genetic history of low BP. At my size 110/55 is pretty low, and its not due to any superior conditioning.