T Nation

Blood Pressure Issues on Cycle

First off, I am not on cycle nor have I ever done one. My question is pretty simple. I am only 21 first off, so I plan on waiting a while to start using. Anyways, with my research I am perfectly comfortable with everything EXCEPT high blood pressure while on cycle. The reason is I had a scare about a year ago with high blood pressure at a very stressful time in my life (mix of anxiety, stress, sleep deprivation etc. and have had no complications since).

I just want to make sure that when I do decide to star using I take all the right measures to do so safely.
That being said I know that BP issues on cycle usually relate to water retention and sodium intake. I would obviously monitor that. Now the actual questions are…1) Just taking Aromasin 10mg a day or Arimidex at 0.5mg EOD should combat this right, or do you suggest something else? and 2) Has anyone with pre cycle BP issues ran a cycle with zero complications?

Thanks, Saresky.

[quote]Saresky wrote:
First off, I am not on cycle nor have I ever done one. My question is pretty simple. I am only 21 first off, so I plan on waiting a while to start using. Anyways, with my research I am perfectly comfortable with everything EXCEPT high blood pressure while on cycle. The reason is I had a scare about a year ago with high blood pressure at a very stressful time in my life (mix of anxiety, stress, sleep deprivation etc. and have had no complications since). I just want to make sure that when I do decide to star using I take all the right measures to do so safely.
That being said I know that BP issues on cycle usually relate to water retention and sodium intake. I would obviously monitor that. Now the actual questions are…1) Just taking Aromasin 10mg a day or Arimidex at 0.5mg EOD should combat this right, or do you suggest something else? and 2) Has anyone with pre cycle BP issues ran a cycle with zero complications?

Thanks, Saresky.[/quote]

what does your blood pressure look like at the moment?

you should never limit sodium intake… just dont get more than you need

cardio, vitamin E, water, spirulina, coq10, cardio, diet, estrogen control etc… will help with BP

however… being genetically predisposed to high BP is a huge problem.

-for example, lower blood pressure runs in my family… i have to be on aas in order to get my BP into “normal” range

-but my friend gets nosebleeds because his BP his naturally very high… his nose was almost constantly bleeding on 500mg test E… he is clearly not cut out for it.

it also depends on what you run… E.G. anadrol…eq and other aas that rapidly increase RBC will cause BP issues

Not 100% certain on where it is sitting right now. I believe the last time I was checked I was sitting about 140/90 but I have dropped probably 15 lbs, and am not near as stressed. That last reading was about 2 weeks after my incident and I have not had it checked since.

Also I have heard that wrong sized cuffs can lead to misreads, and that the machines are not greatly dependent either. If I were to buy my own BP cuff and and materials is it easy to check on your own accurately? Made a deal that before I do use I want to make sure my BP is steady for a month straight prior.

[quote]Saresky wrote:
Not 100% certain on where it is sitting right now. I believe the last time I was checked I was sitting about 140/90 but I have dropped probably 15 lbs, and am not near as stressed. That last reading was about 2 weeks after my incident and I have not had it checked since.

Also I have heard that wrong sized cuffs can lead to misreads, and that the machines are not greatly dependent either. If I were to buy my own BP cuff and and materials is it easy to check on your own accurately? Made a deal that before I do use I want to make sure my BP is steady for a month straight prior.[/quote]

i only trust the doctor to take mine

haha fair enough…now this may be a dumb question but if I tell my physician I am planning on using steroids and want to come for a check up prior, 6 weeks in, and after do they have to help me even if they do not like the idea of it? and they can’t like just go tell correct? or am I way off…

It is possible for the cuff size to affect your BP reading. If they have to pull the cuff tight around your arm to get the velcro to connect you could indeed get an erroneously high reading.

Happened to me. Had rotator cuff sugery and afterward my blood pressure was elevated and they wanted it normal before they let me go home. I kept telling them to get a fat person’s cuff. They did and got a normal measurement.

[quote]Saresky wrote:
haha fair enough…now this may be a dumb question but if I tell my physician I am planning on using steroids and want to come for a check up prior, 6 weeks in, and after do they have to help me even if they do not like the idea of it? and they can’t like just go tell correct? or am I way off…[/quote]

u are paying for their service… they wont deny you… all of my doctors and their nurses know about my usage

i dont know what you mean by “go tell”…elaborate?

[quote]GeorgeCulp wrote:
It is possible for the cuff size to affect your BP reading. If they have to pull the cuff tight around your arm to get the velcro to connect you could indeed get an erroneously high reading.

Happened to me. Had rotator cuff sugery and afterward my blood pressure was elevated and they wanted it normal before they let me go home. I kept telling them to get a fat person’s cuff. They did and got a normal measurement.
[/quote]

if the cuff is too tight the reading will be too high yes

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]Saresky wrote:
haha fair enough…now this may be a dumb question but if I tell my physician I am planning on using steroids and want to come for a check up prior, 6 weeks in, and after do they have to help me even if they do not like the idea of it? and they can’t like just go tell correct? or am I way off…[/quote]

u are paying for their service… they wont deny you… all of my doctors and their nurses know about my usage

i dont know what you mean by “go tell”…elaborate?

[/quote]

Alrighty, and I mean it is law that that there is doctor/patient confidentiality right? thats not a myth.

[quote]GeorgeCulp wrote:

[/quote]

if the cuff is too tight the reading will be too high yes[/quote]

Well I was wondering because after they had read my blood pressure as high I begin doing extensive research about BP and found that cuff size can throw off readings. My arms at the time were probably about 16.5-17 inches. My research indicates that is probably to big for the “average” cuff size.

[quote]Saresky wrote:

Alrighty, and I mean it is law that that there is doctor/patient confidentiality right? thats not a myth.[/quote]

lol… yes… hippocratic oath

[quote]Saresky wrote:

Alrighty, and I mean it is law that that there is doctor/patient confidentiality right? thats not a myth.[/quote]

lol… yes… hippocratic oath[/quote]

Not that I was thaaaat concerned but sure as shit don’t want to be the guy that gets busted from telling on himself

I had been under the impression that high BP was primarily due to a raise in hemoglobin levels (AAS generating new/more red blood cells), and that this could be corrected by donating blood on a regular basis.

Reading all this made me look deeper into it and now I’m not really sure lol. Any input on this? I’t cant be as easy of fix as this I suppose… haha

[quote]vette6 wrote:
I had been under the impression that high BP was primarily due to a raise in hemoglobin levels (AAS generating new/more red blood cells), and that this could be corrected by donating blood on a regular basis.

Reading all this made me look deeper into it and now I’m not really sure lol. Any input on this? I’t cant be as easy of fix as this I suppose… haha[/quote]

aas like anadrol and EQ will definitely increase RBC’s, also hematocrit. Hematocrit is the primary reason why blood is donated (1 pint every 2 months)… however everyone is different. I use tons of orals… ive used basically all of them (anadrol, dbol, dymethazine, winstrol, var, halo, methyltrienolone, m1t, tbol, methylstenbolone, and i think that’s it…)

and my hematocrit was only slightly elevated (never given blood). water retention and massive amounts of weight gain will increase BP significantly, keep those in check and dont get fat

Checked my blood pressure today…about 125/70 makes me feel pretty good! lol