Blood Donations

The local masonic lodge holds a quarterly blood drive benefiting the Scottish Rite Hospital in Fort Worth and I usually donate. The drive is today and I’m headed up there later but am wondering if anybody knows whether or not supplements could endanger a patient?

I recently finished animal stak 2 and wonder if there is any possibility of toxicity that could transfer? I also take lipo 6 for energy before going to the gym. I took it this morning and don’t want to potentially add anything to a patient that may interact with what ever meds a doc is giving.

Anyways, any input would be great. I intend to bring a bottle for the nurses to examine too.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
When I tried to donate, I couldn’t because of a sidebar which states that “You may not give blood if you have ever used any bodybuilding type drugs”.

Now whether this includes things like creatine, I doubt since it is more of a supplement than a drug, but what about the animal stack? If you list the ingredients we might be able to advise.

Bushy[/quote]

Well, I think the body building drugs they are referring to are anabolic steroids more because of the needle use than the drugs themselves.

Stak Ingredients:

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 100 mg 166%

Saw Palmetto Extract 200 mg

Calcium D-Glucarate 100 mg

Chromium (as Picolinate) 100 mcg 83%

Milk Thistle Extract 200 mg

Magnesium (as Oxide) 450 mg 113%

Zinc (as Oxide) 30 mg 200%

Pygeum Africanum 50 mg

Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCI) 11 mg 525%

B-Sitosterol 250 mg

Lysophosphatidylcholine 50 mg

Mucuna Prurlens (Standardized 15% L-Dopa) 250 mg

Longjack Extract Complex 250 mg

Avena Sativa Extract 250 mg

Tribulus Extract Complex 500 mg

Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine 50 mg

Diindolymethane (DIM) 100 mg

Vasodilator Complex 750 mg

Cortisol Inhibitor Complex 300 mg

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:
The local masonic lodge holds a quarterly blood drive benefiting the Scottish Rite Hospital in Fort Worth and I usually donate.[/quote]

Your blood would be better donated elsewhere.

How so?