T Nation

Blood Clots and Juice

Whats up! I am currently in Iraq with the United States Marine Corps. When I return home I am thinking of starting a cycle of Deca, Sustanon 250, and D-Bol. I am not sure yet because about 5 years ago I had a blood clot in my leg. Could these in any way cause me to have another blood clot?

I don’t even want to speculate on this, but, rather, suggest that you bring this to the attention of Cy Willson.

The only comment I’ll make is that to the extent that AAS lower HDL (and possibly raise LDL), it seems to me that in your case they might pose a possible risk for increasing the likelihood of blood clots–but this is pure speculation on my part. Again, you might want to bring this to the attention of Cy Willson.

Crowbar

Yes juice can cause polycytemia, which means an abundance of blood cells. Some of riskier drugs are winstrol, EQ, and Drol.

Polycytemia, of course increases your risk for a clot.

Clots can happen to anyone, however - if you sit still for long enough. Individuals on long trans oceanic flights are at greatest risk.

Calf exercises are one way to decrease this risk - gets the blood flowing in the extremities which are at greatest risk for DVT (deep vein thrombosis).

Blood clots can also occur in the lungs (pulmonary embolie) and the brain - Ischemic CVA.

the latter two are usually tied to an untreated DVT however, but can of course occurr on their own.

Prevention can be two fold:

1. 81 - 162 mg of aspirin per day is known for preventing these, and reducing cancer risks as well.

2. If you are using steroids, donating a unit or two of blood can reduce your hematocrit levels, which can in turn reduce the risk, but not neccessarily prevent blood clots.

That truly is some excellent information P#22. I tip my smiley face to you.

I have also thrown a clot or two (PEs), the result of which has been the discovery that I have two blood conditions that affect my clotting factors in the same way. Thus, I am on Coumadin/Warfarin for life. If this should happen to you and you feel the need to take AAS or PH/PS, you will want to reduce your intake of the blood thinners by roughly 80%.

Interestingly enough, the use of AAS/PH/PS will increase your chance of throwing a clot (as mentioned above), but at the same time increased the effectiveness of blood thinning agents by the 80% that I mentioned previously.

[quote]stevehnsn wrote:
I have also thrown a clot or two (PEs), the result of which has been the discovery that I have two blood conditions that affect my clotting factors in the same way. Thus, I am on Coumadin/Warfarin for life. If this should happen to you and you feel the need to take AAS or PH/PS, you will want to reduce your intake of the blood thinners by roughly 80%.

Interestingly enough, the use of AAS/PH/PS will increase your chance of throwing a clot (as mentioned above), but at the same time increased the effectiveness of blood thinning agents by the 80% that I mentioned previously. [/quote]

The latest research I have reviewed shows that taking a gram of Aspirin per day is safer than using warfarin. This was one study and the authors did admitt that further studies in this area are needed using larger populations, however in the long run (having to deal with coumadin complications in the clinical setting) I really feel that eventually aspirin will be used instead of coumadin.