Blood Bank; Donating Blood

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:
I just find it kind of disgusting to demand money for helping save a dying person’s life by sitting in a comfy chair for 15 minutes. But to each his own.[/quote]

It’s not like I’ll be going into a donation center and hold a .45 to the nurse’s head and demand money for my blood, plasma, etc.

CS[/quote]

The fact is that its selfish. The only reason why you’re thinking about giving blood at the moment is to make money. However, when you had plenty of hours at your job, I don’t think you were too worried about donating blood to be a good person. [/quote]

That’s called ‘reciprocity’

Since my employer has been cutting my hours lately, I need some alternative source of income. I was thinking about donating blood once a week or something like that.

My problem is that I’m not sure how to go about finding a place that compensates me for donating blood. There’s a Life Source by my house, but they never stop calling whenever somebody donates blood. Are there designated places for things like this?

Also, do I have to be a certain age? I’m currently 17, so I would think that I would have to be at least 18 to donate blood without parental consent. Any suggestions or ideas?

CS[/quote]

There is a research facility down in Austin that will give you 50K if you give them one of your little toes. How bout that for alil help with your bills.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:
I just find it kind of disgusting to demand money for helping save a dying person’s life by sitting in a comfy chair for 15 minutes. But to each his own.[/quote]

It’s not like I’ll be going into a donation center and hold a .45 to the nurse’s head and demand money for my blood, plasma, etc.

CS[/quote]

The fact is that its selfish. The only reason why you’re thinking about giving blood at the moment is to make money. However, when you had plenty of hours at your job, I don’t think you were too worried about donating blood to be a good person. [/quote]It’s his fucking blood. He can open a door for an old lady if he wants to be good.
[/quote]
u mad?

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:

CS[/quote]

The fact is that its selfish. The only reason why you’re thinking about giving blood at the moment is to make money. However, when you had plenty of hours at your job, I don’t think you were too worried about donating blood to be a good person. [/quote]It’s his fucking blood. He can open a door for an old lady if he wants to be good.
[/quote]
u mad?[/quote]

• insert random, gay meme slogan here

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:

CS[/quote]

The fact is that its selfish. The only reason why you’re thinking about giving blood at the moment is to make money. However, when you had plenty of hours at your job, I don’t think you were too worried about donating blood to be a good person. [/quote]

Oh, I’m sorry “big bad internet father.” Do you really care enough to bitch at me through a internet forum? Grow up.

CS

[quote]farmerson12 wrote:
There is a research facility down in Austin that will give you 50K if you give them one of your little toes. How bout that for alil help with your bills. [/quote]

bullshit.

link?

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

There is a research facility down in Austin that will give you 50K if you give them one of your little toes. How bout that for alil help with your bills. [/quote]

bullshit.

link?[/quote]

Holymac smells opportunity.

bullshit.

link?[/quote]

The Craigslist Institute for Advanced Studies.

[quote]biglifter wrote:

bullshit.

link?[/quote]

The Craigslist Institute for Advanced Studies.
[/quote]And kids that can study good too.

bullshit.

link?[/quote]

Yeah, link! I would give both little toes for a 100K. Easy money

[quote]UAphenix wrote:

bullshit.

link?[/quote]

Yeah, link! I would give both little toes for a 100K. Easy money[/quote]

You need those brah.

Trust me.

[quote]UAphenix wrote:

bullshit.

link?[/quote]

It’s an urban myth. I’ve heard variations of that story ranging from having a little finger removed then reattached to having your heart stopped for ten seconds. There are places where you can earn up to a grand a week, but I’ve never heard of anything that extreme actually happening.

From a guide to clinical studies:

[quote]
Club Med trials.

While on a study unit, you may often hear other research volunteers talk about their experiences in previous studies. Some research volunteers, in an effort to impress, will invent their participation in numerous over-the-top adventures such as having their toe removed and then sewn back on, being paid $25,000 to have their heart stopped for 30 seconds, being paid $15,000 plus airfare to fly to Hawaii and have a vein removed from their arm, getting paid to smoke dope on a Jamaican beach, or staying in clinics with fabulous resort-style lodgings complete with tennis courts, swimming pool etc.(perhaps a Club Med Experiment?). You will find that if you press them for further details such as the name or phone number of the clinic in question, that they suddenly get confused or develop amnesia. Some are creative enough to conjure up a non-existent clinic in a fictitious city and say it is “somewhere north of Frankfurt, I think.” Take these stories with a grain of salt. Don't get caught up in a fantasy world. [/quote]

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[quote]UAphenix wrote:

bullshit.

link?[/quote]

You need those brah.

Trust me.[/quote]

I was partially serious and joking. A buddy gave me a printout a few years ago back in college. I have no clue if its still around, what it is, if it was really true. But Vic is right, you need those little guys.

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:

CS[/quote]

Oh, I’m sorry “big bad internet father.” Do you really care enough to bitch at me through a internet forum? Grow up.

CS[/quote]

I’m not a father figure. Just saying how I see it. Sorry not everyone sees it in the say light as you do. But giving blood, despite being for the wrong reasons, is still a good cause. I hope you continue to give blood after your financial woes.

RS

Maybe you can just whore yourself out on the street corner. I’m sure there is a lot of better money in that.

There’s always need for manual labor.
You’re on T Nation so I assume you could use the added lifting.
Win all.

[quote]iVoodoo wrote:
There’s always need for manual labor.
You’re on T Nation so I assume you could use the added lifting.
Win all.[/quote]

I bail hay in the summers.

CS

Lol, how can you expect money in return for something and call it a donation? You’re really just selling whatever it is you think you’re ‘donating’. This thread is sofa kingdom. I see nothing wrong with selling plasma. Would never sell my semen doe.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
I used to sell plasma in college for weed some times. One hour and set for the weekend. Better than a job. Just Google sell plasma and see what pops up.[/quote]

OP, you’re the guy who posted up a while back about wanting to be a military officer right? I think I remember our conversation and you had decided to go to West Point.

Take a look at the quote above. This guy was selling plasma to buy weed. Does that sound like the type of people a potential Officer should associate themselves or their actions with? How much honor is there in doing something that you acquaint with people like that?

It’s your life so you should do what you think is right but sometimes you need to take a look at the bigger picture before you make a decision.

james

[quote]165StateChamp wrote:
Lol, how can you expect money in return for something and call it a donation? You’re really just selling whatever it is you think you’re ‘donating’. This thread is sofa kingdom. I see nothing wrong with selling plasma. Would never sell my semen doe. [/quote]
They can’t legally pay you for your plasma I think. They pay you for the time it takes to take it, which in my experience is 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours. So it’s still considered “donating”.