T Nation

Blocks/Boxes for Olympic Lifting

I’m trying to set up a basement gym with one of my friends. We’re looking at laying out the dough for a witchita falls OL set, but are price conscious about the rack.

With bumpers you don’t really need the pins, so where do I sign up for getting a pair of blocks or whatever that I can use to rack my squats?

home depot for wood and nails, and build your own. I thought you were originally talking about pulling blocks, but you can easily make a set of box’s for squats and jerks at the same time. Just make sure its built strong and well.

[quote]romanaz wrote:
home depot for wood and nails, and build your own. I thought you were originally talking about pulling blocks, but you can easily make a set of box’s for squats and jerks at the same time. Just make sure its built strong and well.[/quote]

Did they do anything special with the high boxes in the old ironmind training vids that used to be on youtube? They put a lot of weight on those, so any tips on reinforcing them? Or do I basically just need to build a strong high plyo box?

Here’s a link to building your own jerk boxes,

http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~simonton/wl/jerkboxes/

[quote]Jelly Roll wrote:
Here’s a link to building your own jerk boxes,

http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~simonton/wl/jerkboxes/

[/quote]

Oops, I just tried the link, I think it’s dead now. I’ll see if I can find them somewhere else.

JR

Try this one instead:

http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~simonrl/wl/jerkboxes/

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
Try this one instead:

http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~simonrl/wl/jerkboxes/

[/quote]

wow, great link, i was just looking into this as i built my own platform last year. thanks for the link.

AC

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
Try this one instead:

http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~simonrl/wl/jerkboxes/

[/quote]

That’s the one! Nice.

Thanks guys for kicking so much ass. I’m freaking pumped now!

No problem! Now one of you is required to build me those boxes since I shared the link with you :slight_smile: