T Nation

Bloating Problems

I’ve noticed that in the morning I look and feel fine. Then as the day goes on, even if I eat small and wholesome and even when I drink protein shakes only, I slowly fill with gas. Then by evening I usually don’t look or feel nearly as good as in the morning until all the gas finally comes out late at night. Is there anything I can do about this?

Do you have protein shakes everyday no matter what? You could be lactose intolerant. Besides this I have no clue.

Gerdy

Which shake are you using?

I have the same problem!
I have been using Now Foods Whey Protein Isolate for a few weeks and I spend the day with gas. I even take digestive enzymes with them.

This helps but its still ALOT of bloating and a lot of gas.

I thought the protein shakes of today were lactose free? I never had this with designer whey or Solgar but i stopped with Solgar whey protein as its very expensive and has quite a bit fo carbs in it.

I bought the NOW foods Whey as i was told that it was ‘more natural’ (I am not a fan of artificial ingredients).

Can anyone suggest a good Whey protein. I hear that Jay Robbs was great but they dont sell it in the UK.

I use Body Fortress Chocolate. It has both Whey isolate and concentrate in it. I know there are better brands but I don’t have much cash to throw around.

I’m pretty sure I’m not lactose intolerant, maybe I just process gas slowly or something.

[quote]ayemadre wrote:
I have the same problem!
I have been using Now Foods Whey Protein Isolate for a few weeks and I spend the day with gas. I even take digestive enzymes with them.

This helps but its still ALOT of bloating and a lot of gas.

I thought the protein shakes of today were lactose free? I never had this with designer whey or Solgar but i stopped with Solgar whey protein as its very expensive and has quite a bit fo carbs in it.

I bought the NOW foods Whey as i was told that it was ‘more natural’ (I am not a fan of artificial ingredients).

Can anyone suggest a good Whey protein. I hear that Jay Robbs was great but they dont sell it in the UK.[/quote]

Designer whey is great for people who have a lactose problem. Many new shakes still contain lactose. Isopure I know is also known for being lactose free.

Gerdy

Metabolic Drive is lactose free as well. My suggestion to the OP is up your fiber intake and drink more water, both of which can assist in reducing bloating.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Metabolic Drive is lactose free as well. My suggestion to the OP is up your fiber intake and drink more water, both of which can assist in reducing bloating.[/quote]

I could probably use a bit more fiber but I drink around 2 gallons of spring water a day.

Try switching to an isolate.

Get some Metabolic Drive or Grow! Whey and don’t worry about it anymore. Metabolic Drive Complete makes your stomach feel like sex thanks to all the cool fiber. If you haven’t had Metabolic Drive Complete, you don’t know what you are missing.

I would also reccomend eating a piece of fruit or some veggies with your shake too if you aren’t already.