T Nation

Bleeding After Removing Needle

Hey there guys, I am week 5/6 of my first cycle, and I have just been noticing that when I pin I am bleeding alot more when I remove the needle. I would only drip a drop or so when I started; and now it will run down my buttcheek.

My only concern is if I am loosing any oil or if this will affect the amount of test entering my system. I wouldn’t think so, but im just not sure. Some insight would be great. Thanks alot

Your good man, I too wondered this a while ago, anything that comes out will be insignificant. I just apply pressure till it stops bleeding.

That is exactly what I did as wellm thanks for the quick response buddy. I just wanted to double check yea know?

Yeah I hear ya, it was making me paranoid for a while too

I wouldn’t be that worried but remember the functionality of steroids what do they actually do and what they react to as your diet so just make sure you don’t have anything in the system that thins the blood like an asprin pill or any of that nature.

Yea I understand that, I take the odd ibuprofen and that’s it. My blood pressure had just risen since I started thr cycle. I think that’s why im bleeding more now. I just don’t want to waste my ride lol

Z track injections will solve that most of the time.

[quote]juice20jd wrote:
Z track injections will solve that most of the time.[/quote]
How do you do that on your own in the glutes? It’s a bitch just to aspirate. Could you shed some light on this?

[quote]Lift-up-put-down wrote:
Hey there guys, I am week 5/6 of my first cycle, and I have just been noticing that when I pin I am bleeding alot more when I remove the needle. I would only drip a drop or so when I started; and now it will run down my buttcheek.

My only concern is if I am loosing any oil or if this will affect the amount of test entering my system. I wouldn’t think so, but im just not sure. Some insight would be great. Thanks alot[/quote]

You’re not using one of those 21G lawn darts are you? In 4 years, I think I may have had two “Runners” and never a “Geyser”. Half the time it’s not even a drop.

I doubt you are bleeding out any gear. It’s probably coming out from above the injection.

Lawn darts? I inject with a 22 g 1inch syringe.
I draw woth a 25 g . I did however forget about z tracking. I watched some stuff on that. Ill hit it up

I draw woth a 25 g . I did however forget about z tracking. I watched some stuff on that. Ill hit it up [/quote]

I hope you have those two gauges backwards… inject with 25, draw with 22g. And you typically want 1.5" for your glutes unless you’re extremely lean.

I’ll sometimes get a slight amount of blood on the way out. I’ve only had a good amount of bleed once or twice, and probably just nicked a vessel on the way out that was close to the surface.

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:

[quote]juice20jd wrote:
How do you do that on your own in the glutes? It’s a bitch just to aspirate. Could you shed some light on this?[/quote]

I shoot ventro glute. Yes twisting sucks in general but its pretty easy to shoot ventro. Right glute, right hand shooter, left hand across the hip for z track. Aspirating can be done one handed. You don’t need to have the plunger move very much to know if you’re pulling blood…besides aspirating at least imo is not critical…mever seen a nurse or any other health practitioner aspirate ever. I still do it out of habit though.

sometimes if you pin the exact same spot over and over you get scar tissue build up and it makes a bloody exit as well… just a thought.

Yes I did have those gages backwards lol my mistake. I am higher bf right now (18% ) but being six foot four, im pretty lean still. I have most my. Fat around my lower abdominal area.

I think everything is fine. Just higher blood pressure, and a wiggle while injecting possibly.

no need to worry about bleeding. As u mentioned, keep tissue close, and apply pressure when u remove needle.
However to inject glutes, you should def use a 1.5 inch needle. The 1 inch needle are better for shoulder injections.

[quote]juice20jd wrote:

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:

[quote]juice20jd wrote:
How do you do that on your own in the glutes? It’s a bitch just to aspirate. Could you shed some light on this?[/quote]

I shoot ventro glute. Yes twisting sucks in general but its pretty easy to shoot ventro. Right glute, right hand shooter, left hand across the hip for z track. Aspirating can be done one handed. You don’t need to have the plunger move very much to know if you’re pulling blood…besides aspirating at least imo is not critical…mever seen a nurse or any other health practitioner aspirate ever. I still do it out of habit though.[/quote]

It does seem easier there but like everything else, the first one scares the hell out of you. I like to switch it up with quad shots on leg days.

Ya, I know what you are saying about nurses but then they have been doing it every day 10x a day for 20 years. I’ve injected IM hundreds of times and never got any blood but the time I don’t aspirate, that’ll be the time I’m in a vain.

I draw woth a 25 g . I did however forget about z tracking. I watched some stuff on that. Ill hit it up [/quote]

What, they don’t do that at parties in Ireland? lol!

Oh yea that’s how we have a little fun throughout the week; a pint and some IM lawn darts lmao.

Current practicing standards in USA are that you don’t have to aspirate on IM injections. If anything you may go through a vein and get a bit of a flash of blood however I doubt you could actually cannulate the vein on the type of angle you’d be injecting at.

It’s probably not necessary. If you’re cautious by all means aspirate.

The only time I hit a vein was a glute injection, I asperated, blood came pouring in the barrel, I pulled out and stuck somewhere else and it happened AGAIN. needless to say I was Fucking pissed. I will always aspirate, its too easy not to.