Bleach: Not Just a Household Cleaner!

I never gave Bleach a chance because people would group it with Naruto. And I want NOTHING to do with Naruto.

[quote]red04 wrote:

[quote]bobbeh wrote:

[quote]red04 wrote:

[quote]bobbeh wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]bobbeh wrote:
PLEASE, bleach is just a bad copy of dragonball
[/quote]

Care to explain how…[/quote]

Well first, it follows the “X cant beat Y, so he go to Z to learn some super new technique that will make Y easy to beat, but once Y is down, you learn that he was the weakest of them all!!! and here we go again”

No one ever really die…

Those super transformation that makes them stronger…

popular character showing when everything is going wrong

Bleach is the next gen DBZ[/quote]

I don’t know if you know this, but that basically describes Japanese anime, and comic culture in general(anime is adapted from manga, which is their comics for anyone unaware).

The super transformation thing is also EXTREMELY over simplified, they don’t just get an aura from screaming a bit more, change hair color and thus get stronger(see I can do it too!)[/quote]

No, only bleach is a copy of DBZ, well maybe some other kids anime are… but yeah…

Naruto is not a dbz copy
Berserk is not a dbz copy
Vagabond is not a dbz copy

etc… etc…

[/quote]

So we’ve quickly come full circle to you incorrectly believing Bleach to be a DBZ copy, excellent. Quick, name me a major protagonist that dies in Naruto(filler characters don’t count, they’ve died in Bleach too). Here check this:

Naruto Uzumaki (ã??ã??ã?¾ã?? ã??ã?«ã??, Uzumaki Naruto?) is the primary protagonist of the Naruto series. He was the first character created by Kishimoto during the conception of the series, and was designed with many traits from other sh�?nen characters, including Son Goku of the Dragon Ball series.[7] In the series, Naruto has ambitions of becoming Hokage, the leader of Konohagakure. Because he is the host of the nine-tailed demon fox, a malevolent creature that attacked Konoha, he is ostracized by the other villagers.[13] He compensates for this with his cheerful and boisterous personality, and over the course of the series, manages to befriend many foreign and Konoha ninja. He develops an especially close relationship with Sasuke Uchiha, one of his fellow ninja in Team 7, and treats him as his brother.

Goku: ambitions of becoming the best fighter in that one tournament, host of the Saiyan demon form(a malevolent monkey looking thing that has destroyed planets before), compensates for this by being very friendly and boisterous, over the course of the series manages to befriend many foreign fighters, even one especially close relationship with Vegita, a fellow Saiyan, and treats him like a brother.

I have seen exactly 0 episodes of Naruto, but still felt confidence that a quick google search would yield an easy ‘link’ to dbz if I cared to interpret it as such. BECAUSE THAT’S HOW ANIME WORKS(with some exceptions, but pretty much all of the popular ones work like this, just like comic book heroes and western cartoons, and hollywood movies).[/quote]
Jiraiya, anyways I vote byakuya even though kenpachi is very close.

Bleach is good.

Among other notable classics I like to add ninja scroll, cowboy bebop, akira, vampire hunter d, guyver.

oh…we can’t forget the tentacle stuff.

[quote]bobbeh wrote:
You are delusional and getting all emo on me

I have watched bleach until the part where ichigo is fighting that dude with multiple arms AND YOU KNOW WHO come and save the day, you know like how vegita LOVE TO DO :smiley:
[/quote]

I’m guessing you skipped a lot of episodes.

This isn’t a thread about other anime, it’s about Bleach. Feel free to, y’know… leave.

[quote]Mikaj wrote:
I gave up on Bleach long ago. The story line became a bit repetitive for me after a while. Go back and forth into undead and living worlds, then get stronger and pile up a bunch of upgrades on top of pre-existing skills. Blah, blah, blah…

I’m currently up to date on Naruto and One Piece. I have also read Berserk and Gantz and plan to follow up on them in the future.[/quote]

There are 3 worlds in Question, and it’s hardly back and forth. They went to Soul Society once, Hueco Mundo once and are now back in the real world.

Let’s set a boundary here. It’s obvious to me that some of you don’t read the manga, so won’t be as far into the series as me or others who also read it. And I also assume some of you watch the horrendous english dub.

How far advanced is the story for these people?

[quote]bobbeh wrote:
I have watched bleach until the part where ichigo is fighting that dude with multiple arms AND YOU KNOW WHO come and save the day, you know like how vegita LOVE TO DO :smiley:
[/quote]

I’m assuming you mean the Nnoitra fight, but that doesn’t make much sense because the person that saves him is a pretty big surprise. You really are over simplifying things, and when you do that there are bound to be links that don’t actually exist. I won’t argue that DBZ has things in common with Bleach, and numerous other mainstream anime(duh), but to say they are copies is just not correct, it’s really not close.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Let’s set a boundary here. It’s obvious to me that some of you don’t read the manga, so won’t be as far into the series as me or others who also read it. And I also assume some of you watch the horrendous english dub.

How far advanced is the story for these people?[/quote]

—>>>Potential spoiler alert<<<—

The adult swim eps are up to the end of HM part 1(that’s how I got into the series), and stuck on repeat while they get the rights to The New Captain and HM pt2 arcs. Without going online the furthest you could have seen is Ichigo and Grimmjow’s final fight(badass).

But that’s why you go online, also because online you can actually get subs and avoid butchered dialogue. Then there’s a separation of online anime → manga. People reading the manga are obviously caught up, people watching anime only are stuck just before Ichigo vs Ulquiorra for real, and the serious Karakura Town fighting(no more weaklings).

But they get rewarded with Zanpakuto Tales and Beast Swords!!! (fuck you)

Edit: Z.Tales actually wasn’t bad, but Beast Swords has been awful(I think it might be done given the latest ep too, I could’ve forgiven them if it were just buildup for a solid finish).

i read bleach but i can’t remember all their names. it’s kinda hard. but then again… i read bleach, naruto, one piece(fav!), gantz, berserk(also a fav!), hajime no ippo, vagabond, katekyo hitman reborn, wolf guy, zetman arh you get it.

kenpachi is badass, but i wished he had a bankai and he’ll be badass x 10000000.

and the old man is pretty awesome too. if you read the manga you’ll know what i mean. doesnt even need a sweord to kick ass!

Have not read the manga at all, but am up to date with Japan on the anime.

I’m incredibly glad they’re done with the zanpakuto arc, I figure they’ll put out one or two more cleaning up episodes out and then we can get back to the real story.

Obviously, old man Yamamoto is the most bad-ass. That being said, I can’t wait to see what Ulquiorra can really do.

[quote]LTKO wrote:
i read bleach but i can’t remember all their names. it’s kinda hard. but then again… i read bleach, naruto, one piece(fav!), gantz, berserk(also a fav!), hajime no ippo, vagabond, katekyo hitman reborn, wolf guy, zetman arh you get it.

kenpachi is badass, but i wished he had a bankai and he’ll be badass x 10000000.

and the old man is pretty awesome too. if you read the manga you’ll know what i mean. doesnt even need a sweord to kick ass![/quote]
I would also have to say that the old man is the most ripped character as well.

[quote]LTKO wrote:

and the old man is pretty awesome too. if you read the manga you’ll know what i mean. doesnt even need a sweord to kick ass![/quote]

I would say the fact that Kenpachi lacks Bankai and can still fight on par with Captains (and beat some of them) makes him wayyyyy more bad ass.

Old man Yama is pretty awesome.

Hint: Watch it to the end.

anime wierds me the fuck out

Filler just ended, next episode is back to the main storyline. Speedsub usually by wednesday morning

[quote]Joris wrote:
Filler just ended, next episode is back to the main storyline. Speedsub usually by wednesday morning[/quote]

It’s back into the Ichigo fight now. I can’t wait!

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]Joris wrote:
Filler just ended, next episode is back to the main storyline. Speedsub usually by wednesday morning[/quote]

It’s back into the Ichigo fight now. I can’t wait![/quote]

Ya I’ve been looking forward to the Ichigo/Ulquiorra fight in the anime, and Yammyzilla too.

[quote]red04 wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]Joris wrote:

It’s back into the Ichigo fight now. I can’t wait![/quote]

Ya I’ve been looking forward to the Ichigo/Ulquiorra fight in the anime, and Yammyzilla too.[/quote]

Having read the manga, I can say now the end to that fight was unbelievably good.

You know Leonardo Dicaprio is producing a live action Akira movie, should be interesting.

ummm flcl

/thread

The Mangas are totally >>
In response to the Most badass char in Bleach, id have to say a very close running between Kenpachi and Captain commander. Kenpachi’s half ass bankai (his 2handed swing) was a bit of a let down, but his personality is just so epic.

Most badass Char in Naruto? Id have to give my vote to Rock lee. Its a shame they dont include him more in the actual story.

Full Metal Alch is also a fantastic anime for those looking for some new stories. The manga itself is still going, and the cartoon basically branched away and finished, great ending too. So great people got pissed about how it ended and so they had to create a movie finishing the story haha.