Blasting on T Cyp

First, if you don’t have anything nice to say, please don’t say it. I’ve always been curious about this, so I’m just asking. I’m not a 19 year old fucking around with T cyp.

I’m currently on 150mg/week, and I feel great. Sex drive and everything is perfect.

I’ve always wondered what would happen if I did a blast (with more research of course) on just T cyp, considering I have roughly a 9 month extra supply.

Has anyone done it? Did it work? Pros/cons? Worthwhile without “real” steroids?

It’s been a very long time, but I usually ran up to 400-600mg a week testosterone, on top of orals, of course, so that clouds the answer for you. Longest I would have been on testosterone would have been 10 weeks, usually 6-8 weeks and the heaviest dose was 800mg a week with 400mg the usual dose.

Oral dosing did not change much, so I can say we got more from 600mg a week test than 200mg a week. Yeah, there was increased strength, energy, recovery, and…libido at the higher dose.

2 Likes

I was thinking around the same, 1-2 months, but more along the lines of 500mg/week.

Did you experience any side effects? Should I be ready to have explosive anger if I were to do this?

I’m not knocking you at all just trying to learn: What’s the idea behind a blast? Is it to push through a workout plateau or just the idea that “if a little is good, more is better” theory? It sounds like this would be relatively short term, not the new normal - so what’s the usual duration for such a period?

2 Likes

T Cyp IS “real steroids”… Many have done it… Yes, it works… Sides will increase but so will gains, assuming your diet and training are on point… The generic first cycle is 12 weeks of test cyp or enth 300- 500mg/week… The main problem I see is “I’m currently on 150mg/week, and I feel great. Sex drive and everything is perfect.” Everything is perfect leads me towards an answer of “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.”

4 Likes

No offense taken…considering it to push through a plateau, although I’m sure I could do the same with good hard work too. Wondering if it’d enhance my results though, at least enough to make the risk worthwhile.

No problems other than difficulty finding pants to fit my legs.

1 Like

Oh don’t get me wrong, throwing things off is a fear of mine. I feel great right now, and I’m sure 500mg would not feel so great. But it’d be a short term answer to gain muscle more rapidly.

Remind me/us how long you’ve been on TRT?

1 Like

Hm, very curious to follow this idea then since I’ve had plateaus in the past and just started TRT 3 months ago. As I get older pushing through a plateau is harder to do, so interesting idea.

1 Like

You should be pushing through plateaus for a while given you just started TRT.

1 Like

Yeah I really noticed a lot from ~ 2nd week for about the next month. Then I changed my protocol and having to re-adjust.

It will come again and last for a bit. My first year dialed in I think I hit PRs every month the whole year. Ive also been lifting for 20 years.

1 Like

June 2019

Have you seen significant muscle growth and are you eating enough to foster that growth? Im not giving you a hard time Im just wondering if you have exhausted your potential on your current protocol.

1 Like

Nah man, absolutely appreciate it. Want to make the best out of it that I can.

My weight has gone from 150 (eating 4k cals/day) to about 160 (eating 2-3k). Def more muscle, others agree as well.

I’ve been trying to lose some belly fat the last couple months, but planning to start bulking very soon. I could definitely stand to eat some more. Per Cronometer I’ve been around 1800-2000 cals/day consumed, before cardio and lifting.

I’ve recently been more wary of what I eat as I started Nardil to help with long standing bad anxiety issues. It’s notorious for increasing appetite and weight gain (lots of people report 20-40lbs in the first year or two).

I can dig up some before/after pics too if that’d be helpful.

Well my personal take on it is that if you are going to shut down with TRT, that after you milk the TRT gains for about a year or two, that doing a couple moderate blasts can be pretty beneficial to the physique. Why not look like what someone imagines when they think of a guy on TRT? I am not advocating high use, but enough to quickly take you to your TRT genetic potential. It doesn’t make much sense to go past that as you will regress off blast.

Say you think your genetic limit at your TRT dose is 200 lbs @ 12% BF. You are currently 175 lbs and 18% BF. While on TRT doses lose fat, then blast to put on muscle. Over a few moderate blasts get to 205 or so at around 12% BF and see how long you can hold it. If it drops off over time it is too big for you. If you hold it just fine on TRT, maybe see if you can hold 210 at 12%. Numbers are just arbitrary. My moderate recommendation for dose matches up with what you are suggesting.

3 Likes

Starving aint the way to watch your intake brother. Keep it steady at 3k and see where you are in a couple of months and then adjust. Your body isn’t going to grow without an EXCESS of calories.

1 Like

Make that three months and you’ll be in the ballpark. As far as side effects go it’s pretty individual. At 500/w I feel no different than I did at 200/w when my trt was that high. Other guys will get the whole suite of sides from that dose. You won’t know until it happens, unfortunately.

Same except 600 and 200. I do have a little less perceived libido at 600 mg. Honestly, I think I prefer feeling about the same. I would think it would be a lot more addicting if I felt like superman on blast (aside from feeling like that in the gym).

1 Like