T Nation

Blasted Lovehandles &*%*%#

during my fatloss cycle i had managed to lose nearly 25 pounds in 2 months. even lost 2 inches on my waist…BUT the love handles were there, just sitting there…mocking me…staring back at me as if to say…‘dont expect all that work to wear off on us’ or…‘what the fuck you lookin at’…this is how the problem started…

my retarded trainer told me to do side-raises on the reverse hyper bench to target my obliques and intercoastals and have a smaller waist. i actually achieved hypertrophy on my sides i think, as there are clear stretch marks visible in that region…

on mass gain cycles, they go completely out of control, i feel FAT walking with these twin blubbers on my sides. i dont wanna do too much cardio as im on a strength/mass gain plan.

help…please?

tell your personal trainer you can’t spot reduce fat

u can do side bends but not all the time. they will make your waist bigger.just like everything else u work it it gets bigger, u can work it once or twice a week to keep them strong.as for love handles,thats a lovly pocket of open space back there.and no u cant spot reduce.your love handles are the first place fat shows up and the last place it leaves.
this might sound strange but have u tryed sleeping with out underwear on.it seems to me that when u wear something with a waist band on it it tends to make the fat sit there. kinda like a dam. so break it, go with out and allow your body to relax, it seems to be helping with me.and try massages, and try to work the fat away, and streaching.it tends to just sit there and gather.its not a cure all but the little things help

[quote]bigdawgg28 wrote:

this might sound strange but have u tryed sleeping with out underwear on.it seems to me that when u wear something with a waist band on it it tends to make the fat sit there. kinda like a dam. so break it, go with out and allow your body to relax, it seems to be helping with me.and try massages, and try to work the fat away, and streaching.it tends to just sit there and gather.its not a cure all but the little things help [/quote]

What the hell?

[quote]nramaker wrote:
bigdawgg28 wrote:

this might sound strange but have u tryed sleeping with out underwear on.it seems to me that when u wear something with a waist band on it it tends to make the fat sit there. kinda like a dam. so break it, go with out and allow your body to relax, it seems to be helping with me.and try massages, and try to work the fat away, and streaching.it tends to just sit there and gather.its not a cure all but the little things help

What the hell?
[/quote]

Like those things from the 70’s where people would stand on a platform with a band around their waist and it would “jiggle” their fat away? Yea…no.

-MAtt

In any case, you probably just need to lose more body fat. For the most part, you can’t really select areas of your body to lose fat in first. It’s like taking a bucket and trying to scoop water out of one side of a pool. Where you lose your bf first is a matter of genetics.

One other possible factor could be your carbohydrate intake. Men on higher carbohyrate diets tends to store bodyfat more so around their waist. Up the calories, make better food choices and switch out some of your carbohydrates for good fats like olive oil, nuts, etc.

Good luck.

-MAtt

Play basketball or get into a major sprinting program. It’s actually quite simple. Screw you strength/mass cycle or whatever you said your on @ the current moment. Cut the fat, add quality muscle.

And get on the HOT-ROX EXTREME. Everything you need is in front of your face here. T-Mag supps. work, PERIOD!

[quote]Matgic wrote:
nramaker wrote:
bigdawgg28 wrote:

What the hell?

Like those things from the 70’s where people would stand on a platform with a band around their waist and it would “jiggle” their fat away? Yea…no.

-MAtt
[/quote]

That’s more like the 30’s & 40’s. I dont’ remember that being “in” druing the 70’s. Anyways…

[quote]BRUCELEEWANNABE wrote:
Matgic wrote:
nramaker wrote:
bigdawgg28 wrote:

What the hell?

-MAtt

That’s more like the 30’s & 40’s. I dont’ remember that being “in” druing the 70’s. Anyways…[/quote]

Yea, I have no fucking clue when they were around, I wasn’t born till the 80s. All I knew was that they didnt work and were around before I was born. But thanks for the history lesson…old timer. :slight_smile:

-MAtt

I think J.Berardi said you can spot reduce for the stomach by reducing stress and fast carbohyrdrates. the body stores more fat in the stomach under high levels of stress aparently.

if you get bigger in your midsection because of muscle, then your sides won’t look as flabby. so keep working out your midsection, all over

lol, thats not what i was talking about , it just didnt come out right.

HOT-ROX…sigh…
if only it were that easy to get a hold of supplements around here.

ive tried the regular HOT-ROX. lost fat all over, but the love handles were still there, only smaller…but still flabby. i think i may have flawed genetics or something

[quote]BallaboveAll wrote:
tell your personal trainer you can’t spot reduce fat[/quote]

truer words never spoken.

just be aneroxic and that will get rid of your love handles? or kill people i hear if you kill a man you can spot reduce fat on your love handles. i dont know how true that is try it out.

Are you getting 8-9 hours of sleep every night? Lack of sleep can affect the body’s ability to store fat. If you’re male, that means the waist.

Are you living a high-stress lifestyle right now? Stress can not only stagnate muscle gains, but may lead to additional fat retention as well. Some quiet time, or perhaps even meditation, can help. (Now I just wish I could find time for that in my own life) :slight_smile:

[quote]budlight1 wrote:
just be aneroxic and that will get rid of your love handles? or kill people i hear if you kill a man you can spot reduce fat on your love handles. i dont know how true that is try it out.[/quote]

LMAO, that some really good advise! LOL!

Yohimbine apparantly is an alpha-2 adrenoceptor antagonist, which can cut off the storage of fat to the love handles and lower back. Hormones affect fat storage locations as well. I also noticed that when on a low carb diet, my love handles seemed to diminish. Spot-reduction, therefore, is not entirely a myth - just that the way people go about it is typically wrong.

Powerslide, Man I am in the same boat. I lost 30lbs, feels great and its nice to have my pants just fall off with all the wieght loss. I have those horrific love handles to…I bought some of the reg. HOT-ROX can’t afford the Max…I will let you know what it does for me. I also hear some places that oblique ab work will help and some say that it doesnt make difference. Any input? anyone.

I have been cutting for the past week or so and supplementing with 3000 mg of CLA and 1000 mg of GLA(from borage oil) every day.For the first time in my life after many failed attempts to get rid of my love handles by cutting and cutting, my love handles are actually shrinking, NO JOKE, I know it must be the CLA and GLA because my diet is basically the same as my prior cuts, which was just followings Berardi’s 7 rules. I basically just supplement with 3000 mg of tonalin CLA and 1000mg of GLA from Borage Oil, which is about 20% GLA along with all the other EFA’s from fish oil, anybody out there with love handle problems I highly reccomend these two supplements.